Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Sales guy who switched me from Airtricity to Electric Ireland.

Options
  • 14-12-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I recently dealt with an Electric Ireland Door to Door Sales guy who switched me from Airtricity to Electric Ireland.

He assured me several times that I was out of contract with Airtricity and free to move to another service provider.

I have just been informed by Airtricity that I was not out of contract and I had to pay them a €100 early cancellation penalty fee. Obviously I’m really pissed off about this as I would never have knowingly chosen to leave a contract prematurely.

I have tried emailing Electric Ireland, no reply. I have also tried calling but cannot get to speak to an actual person. 

I want EI to reimburse me for the €100 fee. Can someone please contact me so I can provide my Contract Account Number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Donalh,

We are sorry to read of your unhappiness.

In order for us to investigate this for you could you please send us the following details by private message?
    • Your full name as it appears on the account
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement