Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The most expensive bike on Done Deal ever?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

If I was a multi millionaire I still wouldn't pay 70k for a bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Wouldnt mind its a horribe looking yoke, some of them mongos on done deal are for the birds ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'd buy that before i'd buy one of those god-awful adventure "never-off-road" yokes...just awful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'd buy that before i'd buy one of those god-awful adventure "never-off-road" yokes...just awful..

Youd spend 70 Grand on a bike yeahhhhh...

listermint wrote: »
    Youd spend 70 Grand on a bike yeahhhhh...

If i had 70k to spare and i wanted it ..yeah...why deprive yourself of something if you can afford it..??
    Rich people pay that for a watch...

• Advertisement

If i had 70k to spare and i wanted it ..yeah...why deprive yourself of something if you can afford it..??
    Rich people pay that for a watch...

You wouldnt , there is a thing called value for money. that is how people get rich.

'deprive yourself' :rolleyes:

Wow...............:confused:

Youre telling me if you had €50m in the bank you wouldnt by it because of VFM.....you'd rather buy a bike that everybody else has..like a GSXR or the likes.....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've never had the money to pay more than two and a half grand for a bike lol.

If I wanted something like that I'd be looking at a BMW R1200S, same styling (actually in the flesh its a beautiful bike) at a fraction of the cost.

r1200st_r1200s_01.jpg

Actually I just looked and there's a few R1200S's for sale, they're a beauty.

DONEDEAL R1100S

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

70,000 euro and its all yours.:eek::pac::D

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/moto-guzzi-mgs-01/11107538

Theres 1 in RPM Drogheda with 2500 on the clock for a mere 36,000 euro.
    Was only talkin to Ronan about it 2 weeks ago.:)
    20151201_104135_zpsr7kqggve.jpg
    20151201_104235_zpswxkpxvp9.jpg
    20151201_104300_zpssdcnjqws.jpg
    It's the same bike. Pento must have been bored one day & stuck it up on DD. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

It's the same bike. Pento must have been bored one day & stuck it up on DD. :D

Well it's the same class as a 999 performance wise, but the price must be a wind up: they were only $12k new in 2004.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I thought it would be something like a Desmosedici, I like Guzzi's but I wouldn't pay that much for one.

I've never had the money to pay more than two and a half grand for a bike lol.

If I wanted something like that I'd be looking at a BMW R1200S, same styling (actually in the flesh its a beautiful bike) at a fraction of the cost.

r1200st_r1200s_01.jpg

Actually I just looked and there's a few R1200S's for sale, they're a beauty.

DONEDEAL R1100S

Man thats one fugly bike...i'd rather the springy tractor...........:D

Wow...............:confused:

Youre telling me if you had €50m in the bank you wouldnt by it because of VFM.....you'd rather buy a bike that everybody else has..like a GSXR or the likes.....:rolleyes:

I wouldnt buy it cos it look ****e, not the price ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

There's a 1976 cb750 on DD for 12k.
    That's nearly as ridiculous as the Guzzi.

blade1 wrote: »
    There's a 1976 cb750 on DD for 12k.
    That's nearly as ridiculous as the Guzzi.

Yeah...but its a classic, so its nostalgic.....probably been looking at the english mags too..;):rolleyes:

Yeah...but its a classic, so its nostalgic.....probably been looking at the english mags too..;):rolleyes:

I know.
    A mate was telling me the Japs are buying back the grey imports so that won't help matters.
    On the CB,I remember a spotless one for sale a few years ago for €1750.
    Prices are going crazy for some yokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

i'd rather the springy tractor...........:D

you talking about a Harley :D

I know.
    A mate was telling me the Japs are buying back the grey imports so that won't help matters.
    On the CB,I remember a spotless one for sale a few years ago for €1750.
    Prices are going crazy for some yokes.

The way i look at it is, if i'm looking for a nice bike and i see a bucket o' sh1t on DD for 1500...then theres another one ,immaculate condition, which has all the work done to it and he's lookin for 3500...i'll pay that...We all know how much rechroming ,powdercoating, paint etc costs..but some lads just take the pi$$....RD500 recently on DD..guy paid too much for the bike in the first place, then he gets it all restored and looks for stupid money for it..ended up in scotland..havent heard the sale price yet..;);)

The way i look at it is, if i'm looking for a nice bike and i see a bucket o' sh1t on DD for 1500...then theres another one ,immaculate condition, which has all the work done to it and he's lookin for 3500...i'll pay that...We all know how much rechroming ,powdercoating, paint etc costs..but some lads just take the pi$$....RD500 recently on DD..guy paid too much for the bike in the first place, then he gets it all restored and looks for stupid money for it..ended up in scotland..havent heard the sale price yet..;);)

It's not just bikes with chrome though.
    I sold a 05 cbr1000rr mint with 8000 miles on it nearly two and half years ago for 4000 and I recently saw a 98 one on DD for 3500.Not that clean even.
    I know which one I'd rather have.

Mostly lads advertising bikes on DD are f*cking saps with very precious idea's of how much their bikes are worth.

A quick look through over the last few days and there are lads looking for three grand and more for the likes of twenty year old Pans, Shadows and BMW's.

There is no way in hell is a twenty year old (and older) Jap worth anything like these prices regardless what work has been done.. Mostly they're nothing short of clean rat bikes.

• Advertisement

Here's a good example of a sap with precious high ideas of his bikes value

Twenty year old Shadow 1100 €3250

In his ad he asks for no time wasters or ''fools'', only a fool would buy the piece of crap for that money!.

In his ad he asks for no time wasters or ''fools'', only a fool would buy the piece of crap for that money!.

Nice bike though.............:pac: vomit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I might pay that for an NR750, but not for an Italian air-compressor. And it's not a patch on the Ghezzi-Brian Supertwin 1100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

A fool is someone who has a hose and is still unable to clean muck from his back tyre before taking a photograph of said bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

People like different types of bikes and if they were loaded they'd spend their money differently, there's a turn up for the books!
    No idea what price these bikes go for, but jasus, they're shíte photos. One out of focus, one not even in frame and a stock photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

only bike i'd buy for silly money

i've ridden sp1 sp2 and 916 996 but this was a real deal when i was first into bikes
    rc36 or rc45 are probably better depending on whats up but a "v8" bike is something to admire

Tigger wrote: »

only bike i'd buy for silly money

i've ridden sp1 sp2 and 916 996 but this was a real deal when i was first into bikes
    rc36 or rc45 are probably better depending on whats up but a "v8" bike is something to admire

There was a 0 miles one for sale in England a few years back for £109'000.
    This wouldn't be a bad collection to have

C6BA0F8E-74A3-4F3F-8427-3C86589B06E8_zpsbkdsuu2j.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

There was a 0 miles one for sale in England a few years back for £109'000.
    This wouldn't be a bad collection to have

C6BA0F8E-74A3-4F3F-8427-3C86589B06E8_zpsbkdsuu2j.png

Never liked them personally and were a bit slow and heavy for the money even in the 90s. They took a lot of styling cues for the nsr125 off it. Have seen a couple in person and they just look like beached whales to me. But that's the thing about bikes - different strokes!
    I'd have the 1199 superleggera in the ridiculous money category

batman_oh wrote: »
    Never liked them personally and were a bit slow and heavy for the money even in the 90s. They took a lot of styling cues for the nsr125 off it. Have seen a couple in person and they just look like beached whales to me. But that's the thing about bikes - different strokes!
    I'd have the 1199 superleggera in the ridiculous money category

Speaking of the Nsr 125 I had this exact bike back in 1994.
    9E8A60A8-7C61-46FB-8AAA-09E132BC7613_zps2td32w8l.png
    There's no denying the similarities alright.
    Btw I'd have the RC45.

• Advertisement

must be something wrong with me..i'm not attracted to any of them tbh.i'd never say..wow thats a gorgeous bike to any of the modern stuff after the 916......probably my age....:o

edit;....also an F4...

Advertisement