Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing a Graphics Card (semi-urgent)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The 380

If it doesn't need to be new a 290 or 290X can be gotten for that money

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

The 380

If it doesn't need to be new a 290 or 290X can be gotten for that money

would buying a second hand card not be risky though?

would the Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X OC be a better card than the 290x?

Eh, so-so, probably safer than most components, I've a second hand 290 in my box I got for real cheap so its fairly safe I would think, most people are genuinely upgrading as opposed to trying to pull a fast one.

What's the second post?

Eh, so-so, probably safer than most components, I've a second hand 290 in my box I got for real cheap so its fairly safe I would think, most people are genuinely upgrading as opposed to trying to pull a fast one.

What's the second post?

i spotted this card second hand and i was wondering if it was good as this one.
    The second one is 1 year old btw but the other one is "new"

• Advertisement

The first card is just a 290, Tri-X is Sapphire's release. The second one is faster, but won't cool as well

Advertisement