Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account in old tennants name never closed. New Tennant can't now get broadband with a

Options
  • 14-12-2015 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Previous tennants never closed their Eir account. I want to set up Broadband with another provider but I cant as Im being told that there is currently an active lIne in an other persons name.
    Eir are now making me jump through hoops to get the old account closed. I don't have the written signed copy of the New house lease or the time to wait for my first Utility Bill. 
    How can this be sorted asap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi flowerific

Unfortunately this cannot be sorted without providing eir with a lease agreement - the only alternative I can offer is to ask the house owner to contact eir cancellations on free phone 1800303600. Ultimately data protection regulation rules that only the account holder or owner of the premises can close down the account and otherwise a copy of a lease agreement will be required - Also, I will be unable to assist and this must be arranged by eir cancellations team on 1800303600.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement