Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nautilus and nautilus mini urgent problem need advice

Options
  • 15-12-2015 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Hi chaps,

Both of these tanks have suddenly decided to seize up to the point that I am unable to unscrew them to refill at all, is this a common problem or am I just unlucky and is there anything short of putting them in a vice and using tools to open them?

Thanks

M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Hi chaps,

Both of these tanks have suddenly decided to seize up to the point that I am unable to unscrew them to refill at all, is this a common problem or am I just unlucky and is there anything short of putting them in a vice and using tools to open them?

Thanks

M.
    It's common enough with them. Wearing Rubber washing up gloves is supposed to work well to get a grip on it. When it happens to my sisters nauty (with cage) I wedge the base in between the door and the door frame and twist off the tank (be very careful doing this if it's the plain glass tank!). Alternatively get a mini screw driver, stick in the largest airhole and use it for leverage to try and get it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

bd2012 wrote: »
    It's common enough with them. Wearing Rubber washing up gloves are supposed to work well to get a grip on it. When it happens to my sisters nauty (with cage) I wedge the base in between the door and the door frame and twist off the tank (be very careful doing this if it's the plain glass tank!). Alternatively get a mini screw driver, stick in the largest airhole and use it for leverage to try and get it off.

Thanks so much, I'll give it a go.

Thanks so much, I'll give it a go.
    Is it the plain glass tank? If so just be careful you don't put too much pressure on it and break it in your hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

A pair of pliers does the trick for me.

It's pretty common, the rubber seal seems to create a vacuum

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gez69

You don't have to screw the base on very tight, just until you feel a little resistance is enough, the rubber seal will take care of the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Is it the plain glass tank? If so just be careful you don't put too much pressure on it and break it in your hands

Yes plain glass.

Tried rubber gloves no joy.

Tried wedging in the door and one rubber glove and it worked a treat, thanks a million.

Yes plain glass.

Tried rubber gloves no joy.

Tried wedging in the door and one rubber glove and it worked a treat, thanks a million.

Good stuff man. As Gez said above no need to tighten it back up as much as the rubber makes a damn good seal on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭28srf0c

I had this same problem. Turns out I was screwing it too tight. (But my mcguyver trick was to wrap a mouse / usb cable around the base, grab both ends tight and twist)

Anyway, as others have said. Just screw it until you feel a slight bit of resistance. And that's it. No need to screw it tight at all.

Having said that, it still gets stuck sometimes. This is the only reason I cannot recommend this otherwise excellent device to friends.

edit: just checked. It's basically welded shut now, even though I was careful screwing it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

It's common enough with them. Wearing Rubber washing up gloves is supposed to work well to get a grip on it. When it happens to my sisters nauty (with cage) I wedge the base in between the door and the door frame and twist off the tank (be very careful doing this if it's the plain glass tank!). Alternatively get a mini screw driver, stick in the largest airhole and use it for leverage to try and get it off.

I thought it was just me and the door...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I got peesed off using rubber gloves,always tearing,using my long nose pliers now & never separating the top knurling from the glass tank because it has a tendency to break very easily.

• Advertisement

Weird. It never happened to me when I was using nautys but since I've got the sister vaping it happens to her quite a bit
    Edit- even stranger when she's actually using my old tanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have two of them and they are both the same. Impossible to open with out the pliers I have in my desk. the rubber gloves defo work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I used a Nautilus for some time before I got into rebuilding. Great tank system and nice vape off it.

The trick I used for it was to lubricate the groves where it tightens with a dab of juice - never had an issue after that and I close the thing fairly tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Glebee wrote: »
    Have two of them and they are both the same. Impossible to open with out the pliers I have in my desk. the rubber gloves defo work as well.

You're tightening it too tight, hand tight is enough. I haven't had a problem since I stopped tightening it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

You're tightening it too tight, hand tight is enough. I haven't had a problem since I stopped tightening it too much.

I am tightening by hand, when I go to open its impossible. Its not an issue because of the quality of vape, the bloody threads are starting to act up again though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

Anyone have a problem with them leaking? I have two minis and a full size one and the large one leaks like a sibh. The juice seems to come out through the airflow and around the bottom seal. The minis are fine though strangely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭28srf0c

eirewhite wrote: »
    Anyone have a problem with them leaking? I have two minis and a full size one and the large one leaks like a sibh. The juice seems to come out through the airflow and around the bottom seal. The minis are fine though strangely

I was going to buy the large Nautilus recently, decided to research around the web beforehand. I saw a good few reports that the big version leaks like a biatch, and the mini ones are leak free.

So you just gotta live with it! It's known for leaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

28srf0c wrote: »
    I was going to buy the large Nautilus recently, decided to research around the web beforehand. I saw a good few reports that the big version leaks like a biatch, and the mini ones are leak free.

So you just gotta live with it! It's known for leaking.

I'm using both at the moment & no leakage problems whatsoever, have to be careful when filling & take care to not over fill, are they leaking around the plastic seal ?. take care not to over tighten.

Advertisement