Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM withdrawal but no cash

Options
  • 15-12-2015 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi, attempted to take out €300 this morning from an ATM however no cash given. Could hear it whirring away as if trying to count notes but machine must have had less than 300 in it. Anyway message came up saying transaction failed but checked 365 online and account debited 300. I know this has happened me before and money returns to account but this is a terrible time for it to happen. How soon will my account be credited again? And chances of it before Xmas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

InishGael wrote: »
    Hi, attempted to take out €300 this morning from an ATM however no cash given. Could hear it whirring away as if trying to count notes but machine must have had less than 300 in it. Anyway message came up saying transaction failed but checked 365 online and account debited 300. I know this has happened me before and money returns to account but this is a terrible time for it to happen. How soon will my account be credited again? And chances of it before Xmas?
    Hi InishGael, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you had difficulties with the ATM. 

This can happen when you request a withdrawal but the ATM is unable to complete the request and doesn't dispense the cash. But this should correct itself overnight once the ATM re-calibrates. So you should see this withdrawal removed from your list of transactions by tomorrow. 

In case this doesn't happen automatically and if the withdrawal is still appearing on your account tomorrow, please call 0818 365 365 and one of our representatives will investigate further. 

I hope this helps, if you need anything else please let me know. 

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Ok thanks for getting back to me Nicola. I'll check tomorrow & pray it's rectified itself. If not, I'll call up.
    Thanks again.

Advertisement