Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling bank draft

Options
  • 15-12-2015 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I am looking to get a sterling bank draft today to bring to UK for a possible car purchase, if there are any last minute hitches is it possible to lodge the bank draft back into my account?

are there charges to do this for a 8k sterling draft?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Pfinn07 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking to get a sterling bank draft today to bring to UK for a possible car purchase, if there are any last minute hitches is it possible to lodge the bank draft back into my account?

are there charges to do this for a 8k sterling draft?
    Hi Pfinn07, thanks for getting in touch.

If you're a Bank of Ireland customer you can buy a foreign draft, once it's over €500, at your branch. Full details of the charges are available here.

If you don't use the draft it’s possible to have it cancelled by the branch but due to rate fluctuations there’s a chance that you could experience some financial loss as a result.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else.
    Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

If you're a Bank of Ireland customer you can buy a foreign draft, once it's over €500, at your branch. Full details of the charges are available here.

If you don't use the draft it’s possible to have it cancelled by the branch but due to rate fluctuations there’s a chance that you could experience some financial loss as a result.

Thanks
    Nicola

Is it possible to get bank draft over the counter at a branch other than your normal/local one ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Needles73 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get bank draft over the counter at a branch other than your normal/local one ?

I did this at a non local BOI branch a few weeks back, once you have suitable Id with you its no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Needles73 wrote: »

Thanks
    Nicola

Hi Needles73, thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, you don't need to go to your own branch to get a draft. You can check opening hours and services available at any of our branches here.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Hi Needles73, thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, you don't need to go to your own branch to get a draft. You can check opening hours and services available at any of our branches here.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.

Nicola

Yes got sorted today without any problem. Thanks all !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement