Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1440p vs 144mHz

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is Gsync and Freesync tied into the type of card you use? I'm not following that.

FreeSync -> AMD
    GSync -> Nvidia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

BloodBath wrote: »
    If you want something cheaper you could grab an overclockable Qnix 2710 which can be got for around €250 on ebay. Possible extra €50 from import customs. It uses a Samsung PLS panel which is pretty much the same tech as IPS.

I got one recently and it's infinitely better than my old 1080p IPS and it overclocks to 110hz. I got mine second hand (from MarkAnthony) for a little over €200 though. If you get stung by customs €300 brings it a lot closer to the big brand prices although a G-Sync is going to cost at least twice that.

My 970 handles this res really well and I haven't even overclocked it yet. BF4 maxed out get's usually between 60-100fps on 64 man servers.

I actually just bought that today, was in the same situation as the OP.

Advertisement