Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

I just checked the 30th October Eligibility Report (received online today) and all my cows that were eligible for 31st October 2018 are now not eligible despite being eligible on every report for the last year! So one day before the deadline I am told that they are not eligible....WTF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Something must be wrong somewhere Parishlad so don't stress just yet! Did you get anything in the post last week? I know we got one showing all eligible animals & I know folk got something in the post too if they needed to get animals to meet the target. I'm not seeing any 30st Oct report (though am not in herdplus) though?? Last one here is 15th Oct, which I presume was what we got in the post about 10 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Something must be wrong somewhere Parishlad so don't stress just yet! Did you get anything in the post last week? I know we got one showing all eligible animals & I know folk got something in the post too if they needed to get animals to meet the target. I'm not seeing any 30st Oct report (though am not in herdplus) though?? Last one here is 15th Oct, which I presume was what we got in the post about 10 days ago.

Yeah, I'm assuming it's a mistake somewhere too.. Although for about three minutes I'd say my blood pressure went thru the roof. The Oct 15th one was fine and I have just checked online also and when I go drectly to the BDGP page and check on the eligibility status of females from there it all looks ok. Didn't get any notification to say that there was an issue. I'll cancel the panic button for a while! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Parishlad wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm assuming it's a mistake somewhere too.. Although for about three minutes I'd say my blood pressure went thru the roof. The Oct 15th one was fine and I have just checked online also and when I go drectly to the BDGP page and check on the eligibility status of females from there it all looks ok. Didn't get any notification to say that there was an issue. I'll cancel the panic button for a while! :D

Aye hold your heart attack there for a bit! :D Someone must have pressed the fúcky button and made a hames of it somewhere. The cattle aren't going to magically change since the 15th!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,787 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Give them a ring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Got the same as u. Wouldnt worry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Same as that got one on Oct 16th and nothing since.There has to be a fcuk up there somewhere

Any idea of when payment will be made, was December 15th last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

whelan2 wrote: »
    Any idea of when payment will be made, was December 15th last year

I herd it's running a week earlier this year but not guaranteed.

I'm just tell the boss order the turkey��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Dehorned a calf today and said I might aswell check the BDGP online to see if I was up to date with everything. Only a few bits missing so all sorted. Letter comes today from ICBF asking me to fill out a form with all the data I just inputted.
    What a waste of taxpayers money. 6 A4 pages in it. Could they not just e-mail me with a reminder, as they know I fill in everything on-line anyway. I've got a few of these already this year

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Dehorned a calf today and said I might aswell check the BDGP online to see if I was up to date with everything. Only a few bits missing so all sorted. Letter comes today from ICBF asking me to fill out a form with all the data I just inputted.
    What a waste of taxpayers money. 6 A4 pages in it. Could they not just e-mail me with a reminder, as they know I fill in everything on-line anyway. I've got a few of these already this year

I got same asking for cases of scour and pneumonia on a late calf but when I logged in I had all required data on all fields already inputted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

sonnybill wrote: »
    I got same asking for cases of scour and pneumonia on a late calf but when I logged in I had all required data on all fields already inputted

Ya same here. I go a letter dated the 12th Nov and I had imputed that data on the 10th Nov. Them stupid letters go straight in the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Same here but I had it filled in about two weeks when I got the letter. They text me often enough to buy straws from gene Ireland bulls so I don’t know why they don’t text about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

anyone getting calls from icbf selling their semen...they keep calling from a private number. in fairness the poor girl that rang me today is not to blame but why do icbf feel they need to be private number...its like they are hiding something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Bellview wrote: »
    anyone getting calls from icbf selling their semen...they keep calling from a private number. in fairness the poor girl that rang me today is not to blame but why do icbf feel they need to be private number...its like they are hiding something

Ya I got the call aswell. I just told um that all there bulls were way to low on reliability so no good to me. No more phone calls

TITANIUM. wrote: »

Ya I got the call aswell. I just told um that all there bulls were way to low on reliability so no good to me. No more phone calls

I think in fairness I'm off list also...last week whrp...this week crap bulls...I only have aa and the lad on list I wouldn't touch due to his dam breeding..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

had private number ring me also... didn't answer, so it was them.. pushing straws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭valtra2

wiggy123 wrote: »
    had private number ring me also... didn't answer, so it was them.. pushing straws

What straws have they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

valtra2 wrote: »
    What straws have they.

https://www.icbf.com/wp/?p=12106

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

I think in fairness I'm off list also...last week whrp...this week crap bulls...I only have aa and the lad on list I wouldn't touch due to his dam breeding..

Yes agree crap, one lim 201 replacement and how long before that falls through the floor. The want the fools to buy and test for them and save them the work.

Yes agree crap, one lim 201 replacement and how long before that falls through the floor. The want the fools to buy and test for them and save them the work.

Only upside is the straws are a 5 each .. they might have dome use in culls...

I actually think the Limousin straws are good bulls. If there's 2 generations of good bulls in the breeding, I can't see them moving that much in the star ratings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

on the one hand they keep emailing saying im not using their straws and on the other hand they keep ringing looking to sell more of them

thought cross liam looks a nice bull

I got a call today from ICBF asking me to join WHPR. How does this tie into the new proposed weighing scheme?

I got a call today from ICBF asking me to join WHPR. How does this tie into the new proposed weighing scheme?

It would...the new pedigree cert rules seem to be implying we should join this...but for now I'm staying out until I see more concrete guidelines ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

New cow report out today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

been in it the last couple of years, someone will come out and weigh and score you pedigree stock, your bulls will show up in the stock bull finder..they charge you of course, dont think its worth the hassle to be honest, i think limos had to be in this for official sales whether thats still the case or not

No sign of payment yet. Paid on 15th December last year

• Advertisement

Same here, hopefully it will arrive in time for Santa��

Advertisement