Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Showing in Amounts Due now! \o/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Showing in Amounts Due now! \o/ :D

Everyone goes to agfood, edited to say not in mine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Mine is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Same as that that's all payments on time this year,maybe they have their act together at last

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Not showing here :(

• Advertisement

josephsoap wrote: »
    Not showing here :(

I'll be ringing them in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Aravo

josephsoap wrote:
    Not showing here

Not showing with me either.

They will probably do a few payment runs, they had said everything was clear here for payment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

High bike wrote: »
    Same as that that's all payments on time this year,maybe they have their act together at last

It has always been great under creed compared to coveney

Rang icbf. The payments are only starting and should all be rolled out in the next few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

whelan2 wrote: »
    Rang icbf. The payments are only starting and should all be rolled out in the next few days

kept telling me last year i would be in the next run and that everything was ok, eventually in jan got an inspection before finally got paid in feb :eek:
    so if you dont get it before chrimbo id say you are down for inspection

What did the inspection consist of?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

annubis wrote: »
    kept telling me last year i would be in the next run and that everything was ok, eventually in jan got an inspection before finally got paid in feb :eek:
    so if you dont get it before chrimbo id say you are down for inspection

Well two years ago i didnt get paid until March and I had no inspection.

Every time I rang i was told I'd be in the next payment run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

tanko wrote: »

I got one too. Just involved looking at tags that any animal that should have a genotype tag had it or at the least a hole for one

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭sonnybill

I got paid, I kept checking all the info was filled across ... got caught last year with not putting in the 0 cases of scour and 0 cases of pneumonia! Not this year

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

tanko wrote: »
    nothing really, just wanted to see the animals that had been selected for tagging that were still in herd, 10 min job, bizarre really

nothing really, just wanted to see the animals that had been selected for tagging that were still in herd, 10 min job, bizarre really

Sounds like jobs for the boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Sounds like jobs for the boys
    The last CAP reform was supposed to reduce the paperwork involved in form filling, which it dd.

But they replaced it with options which have multiple times the form filling if you opt in.

End result is the level of form filling stayed the same.

And the jobs for the boys increase as the number of different schemes increase, nothing at all to do with supporting farming incomes:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Had the same inspection last year while cows were still out.One Limo heifers took off when your man went to see her tag and he knocked her back in her docility

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

The last CAP reform was supposed to reduce the paperwork involved in form filling, which it dd.

But they replaced it with options which have multiple times the form filling if you opt in.

End result is the level of form filling stayed the same.

And the jobs for the boys increase as the number of different schemes increase, nothing at all to do with supporting farming incomes:rolleyes:

But there is one small flaw in your thinking Buford, the farmer fills in a lot of paperwork online so the boys with jobs have feck all to do:rolleyes:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    But there is one small flaw in your thinking Buford, the farmer fills in a lot of paperwork online so the boys with jobs have feck all to do:rolleyes:
    Inspections still have to be done though:D

Our payment is showing in amounts due now. There will be a Christmas this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Aravo

Aravo wrote:
    Not showing with me either.

Showing in amounts due now.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

Our payment is showing in amounts due now. There will be a Christmas this year :)

Many lads still waitin for their BDGP payment? I am.

Yeah, same here. Messages left since before Christmas and no reply as yet.
    I'll ring again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭trg

Yep, still waiting

Just rang there, nothing wrong with my application, it 'might' be paid in the next run at the end of the month:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

I see the selection for Genotyping is now available and you can change what animals you wish to test. I sell any heifers that I am not keeping for breading at year and a half old. These a generally the ones I select to test, plus maybe any suckler cow that is bought in that aren't genotyped. My logic is that if I have a year were where I have over 50% bull calves born I will always have a few spare cows that can be genotyped to bring it up to 60% requirement if you understand me. Most of my stock are AI bred Limos so I an OK stars wise anyway and I also know which are my best heifers to keep without the need for genotyping them or does it make any real difference which animals you select for genotyping?

As far as i can see genotyping just confirms the parents of an animal once you know them already. It wont change their figures much if the parents are correct.
    I suppose if you buy in cows and heifers that arent genotyped it can be more useful.
    Just be mindful that you have at least 50% of the reference number of genotyped 4/5 star cows or heifers over 16 months old on October 31st next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

tired to reselect a different animal there-giving me errors

Advertisement