Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Thought it was now 20 euro to genotype animals?

22 with icbf 45 trough limousine society etc

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Sent my appeal in today , funny how they never wrote to me stating the 60% penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

sonnybill wrote: »
    Sent my appeal in today , funny how they never wrote to me stating the 60% penalty

They didnt write to any one it seems about d penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Did anyone hear anything of a basic payment to suckler farmers of circa €3,000. Was in the pub the other night and one of the lads said he heard there is a €3,000 a farmer grant coming in for suckler farmers to help stem the tide of farmers leaving the sector. Now this lad generally has his facts fairly good. Or could this just be some election candidate making promises on the door step.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    Did anyone hear anything of a basic payment to suckler farmers of circa €3,000. Was in the pub the other night and one of the lads said he heard there is a €3,000 a farmer grant coming in for suckler farmers to help stem the tide of farmers leaving the sector. Now this lad generally has his facts fairly good. Or could this just be some election candidate making promises on the door step.

It’s not €3,000. It’s €30,000. That’s what I heard in the pub.

• Advertisement

It’s not €3,000. It’s €30,000. That’s what I heard in the pub.

It would want to be alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/minister-confirms-opening-of-calf-investment-scheme/

Prob what the guy meant. Like most pub stories half right and all wrong
    Definite no suckler scheme spoke to ag advisor and dept inspector today

barnaman wrote: »
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/minister-confirms-opening-of-calf-investment-scheme/

Prob what the guy meant. Like most pub stories half right and all wrong
    Definite no suckler scheme spoke to ag advisor and dept inspector today

Thanks barnaman, that is probably it alright.. Ah I though we might be in for more handy money like the beep money last year.

I got me letter yesterday about Genotyping for the coming year. Went on to ICBF and made 1 change by self selection so hopefully that tags will be issued next month and I will be able to sample the heifers before the go out in the spring.

I got me letter yesterday about Genotyping for the coming year. Went on to ICBF and made 1 change by self selection so hopefully that tags will be issued next month and I will be able to sample the heifers before the go out in the spring.
    i did the exact same thing , one black heiffer I’ll move on tomo as prices good , rest I’d like to keep for breeding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

i did the exact same thing , one black heiffer I’ll move on tomo as prices good , rest I’d like to keep for breeding
    check for heifers already genomic tested... my form today had one heifer that was genomic tested last year and even in icbf she is showing as tested.. self service is handy

I did hair sample on my bull months ago.. no sign of him being passed as eligible yet.. anyone have a timescale on genotype to them verifying him as eligible , I paid the E22 to have him done as bought in after they had genotype samples sent out

My lad came up there on icbf as genotyped 5 star terminal

I see I can’t access self selection for genotyping on a mobile device, must pull out the laptop .. I didn’t get a letter either though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I see I can’t access self selection for genotyping on a mobile device, must pull out the laptop .. I didn’t get a letter either though

The deadline was 31 Jan for changing self selection. If you ring ICBF, they will make changes over the phone, that is if ICBF haven't already placed your order with the tag company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

I managed to change mine on an ipad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭tanko

Changed some of mine about ten days ago. They were locked in yesterday, no changing now. Tags delivered in 2-4 weeks apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

tanko wrote: »
    Changed some of mine about ten days ago. They were locked in yesterday, no changing now. Tags delivered in 2-4 weeks apparently.
    how do you check if they’r locked in?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭tanko

When i go into self selection on ICBF.com it says the tags are ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

I emailed ICBF yesterday and they replied that they deferred them. I sample my new born heifers so waiting until April to choose suits me best.

Anyone appeal bgdp penalty, any word yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

Anyone appeal bgdp penalty, any word yet ?

Still waiting...

Justjens wrote: »
    Still waiting...

No different to me so

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone get their tags yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    I emailed ICBF yesterday and they replied that they deferred them. I sample my new born heifers so waiting until April to choose suits me best.

One of the key requirements of the scheme is to have 50% of the reference number of females genotyped 4- or 5-star by 31 October 2020. Genotyped animals must be born before 30 June 2019 to be eligible. Not hitting the target would mean no payment would issue to participants for the 2020 scheme year and a further 40% fine would be recouped from other schemes like the BPS or ANC scheme.

Taken from last week's Farmers' Journal https://www.farmersjournal.ie/140-fine-for-not-hitting-bdgp-target-526767

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emaherx

One of the key requirements of the scheme is to have 50% of the reference number of females genotyped 4- or 5-star by 31 October 2020. Genotyped animals must be born before 30 June 2019 to be eligible. Not hitting the target would mean no payment would issue to participants for the 2020 scheme year and a further 40% fine would be recouped from other schemes like the BPS or ANC scheme.

Taken from last week's Farmers' Journal https://www.farmersjournal.ie/140-fine-for-not-hitting-bdgp-target-526767

That's for the cows.
    Still a requirement to tag animals that may be born this year. I have enough cows already but I still need to tag 14 calves this year an I'm still waiting on some of them to be born before tags are going to be ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

Green&Red wrote: »
    Anyone get their tags yet?

ya yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

annubis wrote: »
    ya yesterday
    Just wonder from which tag company. Would like mine now as heifers are going thru crush on Friday with test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

Just wonder from which tag company. Would like mine now as heifers are going thru crush on Friday with test
    cormac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

annubis wrote: »
    cormac

Waiting on mullinahone

Advertisement