Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Waiting on mullinahone
    same here

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sonnybill

High bike wrote: »
    same here

I’ve a cow I bought and a replacement heifer that is selected but that’s only 2, all others genotyped, I have to wait for calves to have enough for them to send out tags !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

sonnybill wrote: »
    I’ve a cow I bought and a replacement heifer that is selected but that’s only 2, all others genotyped, I have to wait for calves to have enough for them to send out tags !

I postponed mine as all are done already. When all are calved, I'll do a few of the calves rather than store cattle they picked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

same here

Anyone receive mullinahone tags this past week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Farmer Dan

Bellview wrote: »

Yes, today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Landed yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

My Genomic button tags arrived yesterday.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Sami23

Yes

Got mine yesterday too from Mullinahone

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

well my appeal was successful the story was I lost my bull to meningitis on the 4th of june ,I rang them and could get no straight answer so I waited until payment came in December they took 60% off me . so I sent vets and knackery paper work in on 10/1/20 Got a reply yesterday that my appeal was successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

well my appeal was successful the story was I lost my bull to meningitis on the 4th of june ,I rang them and could get no straight answer so I waited until payment came in December they took 60% off me . so I sent vets and knackery paper work in on 10/1/20 Got a reply yesterday that my appeal was successful.
    How did they contact you , congrats on the appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

How did they contact you , congrats on the appeal
    Thanks,sent out a letter yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Thanks,sent out a letter yesterday.

Hopefully I’ll hear something shortly so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Tagged my weanlings with the Genomic tags today. The first calf sent the tagger with sample flying 10 feet across the yard into a pile of sh1te. I wonder if the people who process these tags, have any idea the journey they go through, when they open the envelopes.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭50HX

Tagged my weanlings with the Genomic tags today. The first calf sent the tagger with sample flying 10 feet across the yard into a pile of sh1te. I wonder if the people who process these tags, have any idea the journey they go through, when they open the envelopes.

Make life easy for yourself patsy and request the hair sampling kit

That's on a need to know basis only and they don't need to know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Does the stock bull have to be min 4 star across all breeds or is it just with their own breed to meet the rules of the scheme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭tanko

Dunedin wrote: »
    Does the stock bull have to be min 4 star across all breeds or is it just with their own breed to meet the rules of the scheme?

"Within or across breeds" is the phrase used in the terms and conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I got my tags a couple of days ago. One of the animals is a young cow that, when I got her checked last week turns out is not in calf. Do I have to keep her a minimum time, I'm assuming it is too late to change animals now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭50HX

KatyMac wrote: »
    I got my tags a couple of days ago. One of the animals is a young cow that, when I got her checked last week turns out is not in calf. Do I have to keep her a minimum time, I'm assuming it is too late to change animals now?

I think you can tag her and then sell her on....it's all about gathering data so in my book it doesn't matter where she ends up

• Advertisement

Yeah, once she’s tagged she can be sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What happens if you ha e sn inspection, is it ok to sell them on so soon after tagging?

whelan2 wrote: »
    What happens if you ha e sn inspection, is it ok to sell them on so soon after tagging?

There’s nothing in the t&c’s about having to keep them after tagging afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

tanko wrote: »
    There’s nothing in the t&c’s about having to keep them after tagging afaik.

Or if there was a problem with the sample?

whelan2 wrote: »
    Or if there was a problem with the sample?

A few years ago i sent in a genomics sample that couldn't be analysed for some reason, they didn't ask for another sample or for another animal to bes tested.
    She didn't get a genomic evaluation because of this.
    I tagged her again the next year that sample was ok. She has two genomic tags in her ear.

KatyMac wrote: »
    i tagged and sold 24 hrs later last year and no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

i tagged and sold 24 hrs later last year and no issues

The only animal you will receive a penalty for selling early is a calf less than 5 months that is born on the farm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Last year the rules stated you had to have 4/5 star in your herd on June 30. Does the same apply this year

Usually sell on the bull once I’m done and would usually have him gone early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

Dunedin wrote: »
    Last year the rules stated you had to have 4/5 star in your herd on June 30. Does the same apply this year

Usually sell on the bull once I’m done and would usually have him gone early June.

The 4/5 Star Bull has to be in your herd on the 30th June, 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭jfh

I tagged the wrong animal, anyone know if you can change the selection after you have received the tags?
    I took hairsample of the correct one just in case I couldn't.

Advertisement