Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭tanko

It's all about reading the T & Cs, then ask questions if you are unsure

Not much point reading the T & C's when they keep changing them.
    Last week the department said that cows born before 2013 didn't qualify, this week they're saying that they do as long as they were in your herd before the deadline for applications closed in early 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Tagged ours there this morning. Wasn't too bad. Think the thoughts of doing them is worse than anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I also go the letter saying I was missing data.

Turns out it was because I had a calf that a neighbours scrub bull sired when he came visiting.

Calved down the cow and got the tag number for the bull. Filled in all my data but got the letter saying it wasn't complete.
    Turns out they wanted sire quality/docility/functionality but I have no way of filling in that data because he wasn't in my herd.

Get the feeling I would have been better off putting down "side unknown" rather than hunting down a tag number for the bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭tanko

Whatever about his quality and docility as least you can say that his functionality for going through ditches and putting cows in-calf is pretty high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

tanko wrote: »
    Whatever about his quality and docility as least you can say that his functionality for going through ditches and putting cows in-calf is pretty high.

Exactly.

They just emailed me back to say that I will probably get a reduction in my payment.
    So much for doing the right thing!

• Advertisement

Got a letter today of a reduction in payment due to event recording not being completed- apparently 50% not completed in 2016. I would be 99% sure it was done, tried ringing them but no answer , anyone else get a letter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

email them asap..icbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

whelan2 wrote: »
    Got a letter today of a reduction in payment due to event recording not being completed- apparently 50% not completed in 2016. I would be 99% sure it was done, tried ringing them but no answer , anyone else get a letter

I finally got paid for 2015 and they took €50 off me for incomplete surveys. Couldn't be arsed chasing it. Everything was done on time.

wiggy123 wrote: »
    email them asap..icbf

The letter is from portlaoise

The only thing I can think of is that the later born calves didn't qualify as I couldn't fill in their details until 2017?

• Advertisement

I'd ask icbf also Whelan! email both--they do reply

so possibly it was a different year-hense the penalty precentage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I got the same letter whelan, tried ringing 3 times and no answer. I am 100% sure all is complete unless it was about a calf that died and I couldn't do the 5 month stuff.

think once the calf dies--all else(re data-ahead) does also
    are they trying to find ways out of not paying fully to applicants of the scheme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I'm hopping mad - please read my response to them as I couldn't get through on the phone: What a waste of time, money and annoyance. I'm fed up with the lot of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Preston,

I write in response to a letter received dated 23rd May 2017 regarding the BDGP scheme.

I note, with interest, that I have been penalised the sum of €16.63. I would like to most vigorously state that I most certainly do not accept this reduction.

I received a letter dated 8th May stating that I had not completed my survey data. I checked on Agfood and ICBF and there was nothing missing on any of the pages and graphs. I rang DAFM and inquired what was missing and after investigating the lady I was talking to said that it had something to do with a dead calf. This calf was born dead, it never had breath in its body. I registered it properly and had it properly disposed of. How on earth am I supposed to record data about the docility/vitality/functionality of this calf? After being dead for more than a year I don't think it is very functional or vital. The lady I was talking to said that the matter was now sorted and everything was okay. So why have I received this letter? I am being penalised because I did as I was supposed to, I did not dump the dead body of the calf but had it collected by a reputable service. Where is the point of a farmer doing the right thing if this is the result?

Please review this matter and let me have the full payment due for this scheme.

If necessary I will forward a copy of the docket received from Mullvaney dead animal collection service, but if the cattle in the whole country are supposed to be accounted for I cannot imagine this will be necessary.

Yours

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭capslock88

Im fairly annoyed with this too...same story as all above...got a letter a few weeks ago saying I had incomplete surveys yet when I checked online everything was 100%...rang ICBF a few times and no reply...got the letter today saying I was fined 70e for 11% incomplete surveys..total bs as I had everything filled...and no info on what the surveys we're meant to have left out were about...instead we've to check to ts and cs of the scheme in order appeal...so no idea what I'm after doing wrong...some system...

We are being fined over €350. It would be nice if they would answer the phone. Icbf said all was fine a few weeks ago. Most people have enough going on without ringing them numerous times

I know I'm only missing a few euro but it's the unfairness of it that just tipped me over - trying hard to have everything done and then they nit-pick without giving us any help or useful advice! Bet I'll have an inspection now once my letter hits your-wan's desk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

If you full in online, you can go ctrl alt print screen to capture the screen. Just go paste then in M&S Paint to create a pic for your records.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Thank you Patsy, I managed to get a printout and let the powers that be know I have it to send to them if they insist they are right and I'm not!!! As my mother used to say, "my dander is up". The family here are laughing at my polite 'feck off' letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭Grueller

Just in the door here after being out shearing with a friend all evening. Arrived home to find a letter stating that my deduction is €517. My surveys are all done without fail. I do them on icbf online so am only assuming it's an IT issue with data being transferred over. Will be putting a flea in their ear tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

The whole scheme is a joke, are we going to see icbf being fined for late return of genomic tests or for sendiing out paper returns months late to people who ar filling on line. Do they not understand email.
    And when it comes to having the required 5 star female are icbf going to take the hit of changing the system so many times and changing stars up and down so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sonnybill

I sent off my last 4 samples there Monday .. Do icbf usually send out a text saying that all samples have been received and well

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

sonnybill wrote: »
    I sent off my last 4 samples there Monday .. Do icbf usually send out a text saying that all samples have been received and well

Just checked phone and yes, you should get a text once all samples are received. Presume it's the Genomic samples that you are talking about?

If you check on icbf the graph will be updated when they have the samples

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

capslock88 wrote: »
    Im fairly annoyed with this too...same story as all above...got a letter a few weeks ago saying I had incomplete surveys yet when I checked online everything was 100%...rang ICBF a few times and no reply...got the letter today saying I was fined 70e for 11% incomplete surveys..total bs as I had everything filled...and no info on what the surveys we're meant to have left out were about...instead we've to check to ts and cs of the scheme in order appeal...so no idea what I'm after doing wrong...some system...

I think I see the problem now, I just ticked all the boxes docility, calf quality etc whether the calf was dead or alive, got paid for them all. Someone in IT dept has failed to allow for calves born dead not being around at 6 months for the survey to be completed. You young wipper snappers have to learn when to hold and when to fold with these cnuts. It's a tough game with rules changing and goal posts constantly moving.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Got one of those letters too and a 50e fine. Think I had everything filled in aswell, I might have sold a calf under 5 months though if that makes a difference?

It wouldnt kill them to specify the reason for the deduction in the letter, seeing as how they dont answer the phone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

whelan2 wrote: »
    It wouldnt kill them to specify the reason for the deduction in the letter, seeing as how they dont answer the phone

Ya, like a neighbour who was trying to register calves using the book. They used the old book and the old prefix number for the tags. Came back with an error code, wrong tag number, they couldn't figure out what they had done wrong.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

As a recipient of one of those 'luvley' BDGP letters, just wondering did every farmer who is a participant in the scheme one of the bloody yokes. Then, it's even better crack trying to get through to Portlaois, Ffs

Advertisement