Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

As a recipient of one of those 'luvley' BDGP letters, just wondering did every farmer who is a participant in the scheme one of the bloody yokes. Then, it's even better crack trying to get through to Portlaois, Ffs

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

As a recipient of one of those 'luvley' BDGP letters, just wondering did every farmer who is a participant in the scheme one of the bloody yokes. Then, it's even better crack trying to get through to Portlaois, Ffs

I am going to write a letter. They dont seem to answer the phone at all. 7minutes holding on in ech of 3calls today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

looks like one got one! must be clawing back monies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭Grueller

I was talking to them. 8000 went out. The phones are hopping and it is an issue with a transfer of data from icbf. I like the idea of icbf and what they are meant to be doing re research on breeding etc but this smacks of a quango being set up to deflect blame onto.
    I sent them a written appeal with screens hots from icbf to back up the fact that the letter was sent in the wrong. I would recommend everybody do the same. Let them have a taste of their own medicine dealing with paperwork that they don't want to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Got one also 38 per cent cut on payment, got no control report to tell me what I have failed on and no paper work to show screens not filled and under the farmers charter of rights we are supposed to get proper paperwork.
    Will write a letter to pat Preston about this and then the appeals office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Got one too! e80 clawback as one of my calved cows was a Fr, she reared her own and another calf but have to give the E80 back and have lost her as a reference animal for the scheme anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Grueller wrote:
    I was talking to them. 8000 went out. The phones are hopping and it is an issue with a transfer of data from icbf. I like the idea of icbf and what they are meant to be doing re research on breeding etc but this smacks of a quango being set up to deflect blame onto. I sent them a written appeal with screens hots from icbf to back up the fact that the letter was sent in the wrong. I would recommend everybody do the same. Let them have a taste of their own medicine dealing with paperwork that they don't want to deal with.

They don't give a crap about letter as they will state the computer was unable to read them. I had similar issue a few years ago and the computer was wrong..but I wasted over a day on an issue that could have been solved in 5 mins..too many folks work in dept ag...same goes for icbf for incompetence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

sonnybill wrote: »
    Got one too! e80 clawback as one of my calved cows was a Fr, she reared her own and another calf but have to give the E80 back and have lost her as a reference animal for the scheme anyway

That one is fair enough. It clearly states in the T&C's that all cows must be a beef breed.

Some of the other examples here are very frustrating

Don't bother ringing, send an email and at least you'll get a reply

That one is fair enough. It clearly states in the T&C's that all cows must be a beef breed.

whats the email address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

whelan2 wrote: »
    whats the email address?
    beefschemes@agriculture.gov.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

On ICBF you can change the purpose to beef/dairy.
    Would that make a difference?

I wonder if you send in a query on the reduction will it delay the payment due in June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

On ICBF you can change the purpose to beef/dairy.
    Would that make a difference?

Can you? Never saw that before.

No not for this job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭Grueller

I wonder if you send in a query on the reduction will it delay the payment due in June?

Probably, but they are completely wrong in my case and in many others that I have been speaking to. Let the payment be delayed, I am fighting this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

Grueller wrote: »
    Probably, but they are completely wrong in my case and in many others that I have been speaking to. Let the payment be delayed, I am fighting this one.

2 hopes of payments being delayed, Bob and feck all .....

Eventually, go through to Portlaois today. Guy I was talkin to explained that a bull that isn't mine sired one of the calves born in late '15. When I said is that all?, he nearly exploded & gave me a dressing down about stock proof fencing. He then mentioned the 'I word', inspection. at that I had enough & hung up on him, the prat

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sonnybill

I got form in 2015 requesting no. of calved cows in my herd and I sent it back and yes she originated in a dairy herd but she had been bred to my own beef bull and reared 2 beef breed calves each year. Had I have known that they'd cut her at a later date I'd have calved a beef breed heifer in her place that I sold .

Not to worry 80 yo yo they can have it , still a good scheme and I'm interested in doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jd06

Eventually, go through to Portlaois today. Guy I was talkin to explained that a bull that isn't mine sired one of the calves born in late '15. When I said is that all?, he nearly exploded & gave me a dressing down about stock proof fencing. He then mentioned the 'I word', inspection. at that I had enough & hung up on him, the prat

Oh no not good
    Had a neighbours bulk in for 2 days while on my hols.
    The neighbour gave me the tag no. And I regesterd the calves. He was an Angus bull running with a dairy herd so prob not reg. With the icbf either.
    Its hard to win,.!!

Good afternoon folks.

What any of ye heard of this situation where farmers are losing 100% of a year's payment due to BVD issues (animals not tested or removed on time) in 2015?

How come these people were never informed of this by our beloved department or did they just want to save money by not paying the farmer his/her money. Case of a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Disgraceful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

This scheme is an absolute disaster from the farmers point of view. The amount of regulations and rule seem to make it impossible for farmers to get full payment.
    I have been refused all last years payment and they are looking for a percentage of the 2015 payment. My fault I did not fulfil the training requirement and was not informed of any of the courses held in April 2017. It is a farce, for a scheme to protect the suckler cow it will have the effect of doing the complete opposite.

And the deafening silence that you hear are Joe Healy and the IFA:mad:

grassroot1 wrote: »
    This scheme is an absolute disaster from the farmers point of view. The amount of regulations and rule seem to make it impossible for farmers to get full payment.
    I have been refused all last years payment and they are looking for a percentage of the 2015 payment. My fault I did not fulfil the training requirement and was not informed of any of the courses held in April 2017. It is a farce, for a scheme to protect the suckler cow it will have the effect of doing the complete opposite.

And the deafening silence that you hear are Joe Healy and the IFA:mad:

The IFA you say? They coudn't give a sh!te about suckler & beef farmers. Their only priorty is the big dairy farmers, same as it always was, so I wouldn't be pointin the finger of blame solely at Healy. time for some farmer's protests are required + not outside that dump beside Leinster House

Or do we no how to protest anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

grassroot1 wrote:
    This scheme is an absolute disaster from the farmers point of view. The amount of regulations and rule seem to make it impossible for farmers to get full payment. I have been refused all last years payment and they are looking for a percentage of the 2015 payment. My fault I did not fulfil the training requirement and was not informed of any of the courses held in April 2017. It is a farce, for a scheme to protect the suckler cow it will have the effect of doing the complete opposite.

The stars calculation is the biggest issue. I'm in the scheme but don't agree that all farmers now ask about stars even before they see the animal..making a joke of breeding. This is the real challenge of the scheme...how is a gene benchmark at 100 etc.
    In the scheme defence though the courses were well flagged and the beauty was that you could send someone in your place.
    Level of penalties I'm hearing though proves that icbf were allowed over regulate this scheme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

Good afternoon folks.

What any of ye heard of this situation where farmers are losing 100% of a year's payment due to BVD issues (animals not tested or removed on time) in 2015?

Why didn't you remove them in time?

Why didn't you remove them in time?

I always test my animals for it on time. I was just asking if there is any truth that farmers are losin 100% of there payment for not removing & testing there animals on time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I always test my animals for it on time. I was just asking if there is any truth that farmers are losin 100% of there payment for not removing & testing there animals on time

I hope so. They should be locked up too.

Was there to be a payment of this in June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Was there to be a payment of this in June?
    Paid here on the 23rd.

Did you check Agfood financial selfservices section?

Paid here on the 23rd.

Did you check Agfood financial selfservices section?

Ye. No sign of anything will give them a ring tomorrow.

Rang them. Answered first go. If you were not included in the last payment run the next one isn't for at least a month. Nothing holding up the payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

this 2017 monies???

• Advertisement

wiggy123 wrote: »
    this 2017 monies???
    Afaik its the 2016 money after all surveys, genomic testing has been done, did you get paid?

Advertisement