Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Circular Road - Alandale

• 15-12-2015 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All. Thinking of renting in Alandale as the apartment appears nice, and it's a good location. I'm wondering is it noisy during the student year? Has anyone rented here before? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

full of students. Lots of late night parties

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tastyboy

Ok cheers, all parts of Alandale? There's the Orchard too, is it basically all the same? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Lived in alandale Orchard and was never any noise. A friend of mine living in the apartment block for 6 years now and I have never heard him complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Jofspring wrote: »
    Lived in alandale Orchard and was never any noise. A friend of mine living in the apartment block for 6 years now and I have never heard him complain.

He's obviously the one throwing all the parties!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tastyboy

zulutango wrote: »
    He's obviously the one throwing all the parties!

Thanks for the feedback. I'd sleep through a storm tbh! But I was thinking also about anti social aspect, is it ok that way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Never lived there but I'd say it's fine. Never heard anything bad about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I know a few people living there for the last few years, no major issues until recently - http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/cars-targeted-at-underground-car-park-in-limerick-1-7080928

Wouldn't completely write it off based on that though. That was just bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

I lived in Alandale Orchard for 2 years and never had any issues with noise. There was no anti-social issues in the time I lived there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Likewise, I lived there for a year last year and had no issues. There is a large student population there though so there is the possibility of parties being had, none bothered me (a mature post-grad) in my time there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I've lived in a neighboring estate (Fitzhaven) for the last three years and never have any problems with the students. The Mary I students are pretty boring, no party's or shenanigans whatsoever.

The only issues I've had is that my car was broken in to about three months ago and my sister's car was stolen there about 6 months ago. It's unfortunate because aside from this the area is great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Alandale isn't particularly student-y (well not when I was living there anyway) but the non-stop alarms going off will drive you crazy. I would avoid it for this reason alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Alandale isn't particularly student-y (well not when I was living there anyway) but the non-stop alarms going off will drive you crazy. I would avoid it for this reason alone.

This is true. there is always a lot of noise pollution from house and car alarms, for some reason. I wouldn't let that put you off moving into the area though as despite this it's a very nice place to live.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Would Alandale be too pricey for students?

Advertisement