Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I'm talking about the endless issues the game had at launch

glad i missed that, only good memories of bf4 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I'm talking about the endless issues the game had at launch

What has that to do with a season pass though? BF1 on launch was pretty stable, way better than BF4. But i'm failing to see the link there.

As for Premium there is not enough content released yet to judge if its worth it or not for BF1 imo. In saying that i did get it myself and tried out the new maps. Most of them are fun to play, especially in a communicating squad. But i think its up to each person to decide how much time they put into any Battlefield title. With anything the more you put in the more you get out of something. I put quite a bit of time into BF4 and premium was therefore worth it for me. I'm hoping its the same for BF1 but i'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

keithc83 wrote: »
    What has that to do with a season pass though? BF1 on launch was pretty stable, way better than BF4. But i'm failing to see the link there.

As for Premium there is not enough content released yet to judge if its worth it or not for BF1 imo. In saying that i did get it myself and tried out the new maps. Most of them are fun to play, especially in a communicating squad. But i think its up to each person to decide how much time they put into any Battlefield title. With anything the more you put in the more you get out of something. I put quite a bit of time into BF4 and premium was therefore worth it for me. I'm hoping its the same for BF1 but i'll have to wait and see.
    it has a lot to do with it

I bought bf4 season pass at launch and hardly played the game for the first year

When I went to play it season pass was heavily discounted and they were starting to give it free eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The desert eagle was worth the premium in BF4 alone. Didn't care for the maps. Absolutely love back to Basics in BF1.So much fun. Although sickened that Argonne forest and Ballroom Blitz were taken out of the map rotation.

it has a lot to do with it

I bought bf4 season pass at launch and hardly played the game for the first year

When I went to play it season pass was heavily discounted and they were starting to give it free eventually

But with this pass the same thing will happen it too. Its the way each company model's their price points. Like i said i guess it just depends if you think you will get what you put into the game, in this case the €50 season pass. For me it'll be worth it, even when it comes down to a lower price at a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be fair they didn't give away the season pass free for BF4 until almost 3 years after it was released? I bought BF4 + SP at launch as well as it was only about €80 for both.

Didn't play much of the DLC as a good portion of it was rubbish to be honest but I still got tons of value from the overall experience.

BF1's been perfectly stable since launch so there's not really any logic to the question...it's more a question of whether you want to play them as they're released or are content to wait a year or two (or three) when it's only €15/20 (or even free).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well in fairness BF1 was not perfectly stable for everyone, there are still a few optimisation issues for some people but overall it was alot better then BF4.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well in fairness BF1 was not perfectly stable for everyone, there are still a few optimisation issues for some people but overall it was alot better then BF4.

Just to be clear i never said anything about it being perfectly stable.

Take off the tin foil hat buddy, dont be so paranoid. Did I even quote you......?!?!?

It was a general statement and more so aimed at Terrors post.....as I and a fair few others had problems at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If you can buy the premium pass in sterling, you'll save about a fiver off the 50 euro price tag

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/PC-Video-Games/Battlefield-Premium-Pass-Xbox-Download/B01KUC5QEM
    (above for xbox one, other codes for ps4 and PC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bit annoyed bout this whole premium friends thing,im not against the idea but as someone who only occasionally plays the game with friends who all have the dlc i wouldnt have purchased premium for my account. Not getting the xp in the new maps wouldnt have bothered me really.

Its a good idea but i wish i had of known this was going to happen before i bought premium:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Loving the 'Frontlines' game mode.

TBH, not overly impressed by the DLC. Hate the way you have to use other guns to unlock the new ones....WTF. Just use the class like the last time ffs.......That verdung map is ****E!

And the new tanks are really like cardboard and useless on the other maps with all the hills etc.

For me it's now crashing every 10-30 minutes since They Shall Not Pass came out. I can barely finish any games, so infuriating. Keep getting an AMD driver crash. Already tried different driver versions and same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

For me it's now crashing every 10-30 minutes since They Shall Not Pass came out. I can barely finish any games, so infuriating. Keep getting an AMD driver crash. Already tried different driver versions and same thing.

Is it a known issue that they are working on ?

There is nothing more infuriating than all your mates playing a game and you not able due to either the game itself or the graphic card driver . AMD drove me mad with Elite Dangerous there about 18 months ago, a known issue that took them almost 3 months to find and fix . It was one of the reasons I was happy to switch to Nvidia which is a bit stupid as for all I know they could be as slow to act .

No crashes for me but I am getting this weird issue where no matter what gun or map its like the first couple of shots dont register.....its infuriating to say the least. Wish I did not pay for this DLC I really do.

This ****in game I SWEAR.....Why are EA/DICE so ****in retarded, I mean proper ****in WINDOW LICKERS the lot of them. SIMPLE ****IN THINGS THEY **** UP....

How hard is it to have a server browser that works I mean in this day and age with the money they have.....WTF. You literally can not play this game morning or afternoon only the evening. I only play conquest more or less and the refresh and servers simply do not work. It says you find a server with 60 people and there is 64 playing and 10 in a queue. I have tried everything and nothing one second no servers the next 20 servers the next 2 servers.....its mind numbingly frustrating and its like this since launch.

EVERYTHING is RUSH all the Irish servers with 10 ping RUSH RUSH RUSH.....

****in disgrace the game, how they have the balls to ask people for money with problems like this.......its beyond me. Never again will I piss on a BF game......****in had it.

And now the bullet lag OMFG!!!!

RANT OVR

This ****in game I SWEAR.....Why are EA/DICE so ****in retarded, I mean proper ****in WINDOW LICKERS the lot of them. SIMPLE ****IN THINGS THEY **** UP....

How hard is it to have a server browser that works I mean in this day and age with the money they have.....WTF. You literally can not play this game morning or afternoon only the evening. I only play conquest more or less and the refresh and servers simply do not work. It says you find a server with 60 people and there is 64 playing and 10 in a queue. I have tried everything and nothing one second no servers the next 20 servers the next 2 servers.....its mind numbingly frustrating and its like this since launch.

****in disgrace the game, how they have the balls to ask people for money with problems like this.......its beyond me. Never again will I piss on a BF game......****in had it.

RANT OVR

Ok, we'll miss you.

Make sure you leave a review on the argos website. That's where the angriest and most informed people hang out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

RANT OVR

Ah christ. It's not that bad.

Verdun is a class map by the way.

Ah christ. It's not that bad.

Verdun is a class map by the way.

Yeah. It's brilliant. There are so many ways to flank the enemy, so much cover for attacking up the hill, but the defenders have the height advantage and really decent positions to hold back the attack.
    And the temple is brilliant. It has the basement which is really hard to break into, but you can capture it from the surface too, so t doesn't turn into a grenade spamming bottleneck, but on the surface you have to worry about mortars and snipers so you need to have support to heal, revive and resupply to keep enough numbers alive to take the flag.

A well organised team will win in verdun every time.

I had a great time playing last night. Even though it's 64 player, I genuinely felt like I was making a difference to the outcome of an operation. Even just staying alive near the objective so my squadmates could spawn in on me was the difference between capturing the objective and being pushed back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

RANT OVR

The server browser is a bit of a pain to use compared to BF4.To find a good server you have to select the number of slots your looking for example 1-5, 6-10 or 10+. All the servers with open slots will show up then. I can never understand people who use the quick match option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

RANT OVR
    so one or two slight issues...

at least your happy with your purchase....

Akrasia wrote: »
    Ok, we'll miss you.

Make sure you leave a review on the argos website. That's where the angriest and most informed people hang out

I am a mod on the Argos Review website I frequent it that much, was at the last xmas party too I left so many comments they invited me I am like staff.

Now back to LYRIC FM with you m8 I am sure Marian is on soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Having trouble with the ps4 bf1, downloaded update now the home acreen etc have the 'installing multiplayer' been stuck at 0% for an hour now. Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

RANT OVR

LMAO. Nearly wet myself laughing at this. I get your frustration. But I think you went a tad ott there.

Right so My server configs are set to EU - CQ - Free slots 1-3, 4-6 I think. whatever the first two options are and I think they're the default options.
    I browse, see plenty of CQ servers. Sometimes only 4, sometimes more. If only 4, wait 30 seconds and hit refresh. Suddenly there are 20 of them... all 63/64 players. Now I join, most times I end up in a queue.
    You know what that means? Someone joined before me? Heres an idea... expand your free slots list. Join a 64 man server that is half full. It'll fill quick enough. Simples :) 60% of the time, it works every time!

jonski wrote: »
    Is it a known issue that they are working on ?

There is nothing more infuriating than all your mates playing a game and you not able due to either the game itself or the graphic card driver . AMD drove me mad with Elite Dangerous there about 18 months ago, a known issue that took them almost 3 months to find and fix . It was one of the reasons I was happy to switch to Nvidia which is a bit stupid as for all I know they could be as slow to act .

To be fair while I was ranting about AMD for a while yesterday with the frustration, it's actually turned out to be a faulty card.

Asus RX480 8GB 'Dual'. Joke of a card. The fan is literally as loud as the reference R9 290's were in 2013 under load.

I bought it thinking "OK, it's really cheap, but it's Asus so it must be half decent...."

Horrible noise, horrible temperatures, and unstable out of the box to boot. Only underclocking stops crashing. Not my PC as R9 290 and GTX1070 works perfectly in it.

I have to underclock it and ramp up fan speed to hairdryer levels for it not to crash.

Noxin wrote: »
    LMAO. Nearly wet myself laughing at this. I get your frustration. But I think you went a tad ott there.

Right so My server configs are set to EU - CQ - Free slots 1-3, 4-6 I think. whatever the first two options are and I think they're the default options.
    I browse, see plenty of CQ servers. Sometimes only 4, sometimes more. If only 4, wait 30 seconds and hit refresh. Suddenly there are 20 of them... all 63/64 players. Now I join, most times I end up in a queue.
    You know what that means? Someone joined before me? Heres an idea... expand your free slots list. Join a 64 man server that is half full. It'll fill quick enough. Simples :) 60% of the time, it works every time!

How can there be 2 conquest servers online, then hit refresh and there is 20. Hit refresh and there is 5.....I mean WTF?

The most annoying thing is finding a server after 2-3 mins of pissing around with 1 free slot, click on it and 3 in the queue!!!!

At least you know what I am on about.....and it has been like this since launch.

Played 4 games last night and winning score was 70k+ and the lads had about 4 kills each!!!

That is the state of the new DLC, looking on youtube and MAJOR changes are inbound very soon. Game is in the worst state since launch and they are going to be nerfing flag points and upping defend points also get less points for capturing the flag and during a flag capture. All in an effort to get people to play the objective..

Taking out the grenade regen (THANK ****) and alot of other stuff. Also nerfing my old favorite pet hate horse riders, spawn on a horse and jump of it and VIOLA, nearly impossible to kill with 2-3 times the armor to run around with.

You can still one shotgun someone from 20 metres with a shotgun but an LMG needs 40 bullets to do the same!

Last patch was meant to increase accuracy of medic rifles etc.....not happening. The 2nd most accurate gun class in the game is nearly the worst.

Lads online constantly moaning about the hit detection....I have the same issue even with a ping of 15 on some servers.

That new Bunker (Fort de Dung) map is the new metro, total lack of design nothing but a flag train of 30 people running in a circle nade spamming. Verdung is not much better never been so disappointed with a DLC in my life.

But you know, "Little Issues"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Verdung and fort de dung and capitalising words in the middle of sentences.

OK. Let me take your rant seriously and not a temper tantrum of a hyperbolic 14 year old.

To be fair I think the DLC is good. Not earth-shatteringly good but certainly decent and a lot better than some of the crap that BF4 offloaded on us. The fort map is way better than Metro, it's just better designed and there are much better ways to flank points than in Metro/Locker.

I also genuinely don't find there to be hit detection issues either, nothing game breaking or particularly irritating for me with regards any of the weapons or their use really. Shotguns were definitely an issue but I find them better balanced now and I don't feel hard done by too often. I can't speak about the medic rifles as I don't use them but I definitely get killed enough by them! I mostly use LMG.

I do agree that the browser is a bit of a mess, but that's a small thing for me.

Overall my experience of the DLC is definitely leaning on the positive side!

• Advertisement

Verdung and fort de dung and capitalising words in the middle of sentences.

OK. Let me take your rant seriously and not a temper tantrum of a hyperbolic 14 year old.

I poINt you toWaRds my signAture sIr, cleArly oCd witH LetTers aNd CapS.....nothing to add yet again troll away gringo.

Advertisement