Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The server browser is a bit glitchy but in fairness to DICE, the same can be said for lots of multiplayer FPS games. I find battlefield to be the fastest time to launch of any popular FPS franchise . It takes longer if you want to select the very best browser, but the quick launch buttons work fairly well and there's very little waiting around.

As for all the other issues, these are balancing issues that every battlefield game goes through in the first 6 months after launch. DICE generally listen to the feedback of the community and tweak the game to make it better. These AAA titles have enormous amounts of content so balancing weapons and classes is an art more than a science . If you want a perfectly balanced game you're looking at Rock Paper Scissors, but the reason we love Battlefield is because of the ambitious scope of the games.

Your posts come across as childish and impetulent. If you want to rage quit from the game because you can't figure out how to make it work like hundreds of thousands of other people can, then you're no loss to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

As a regular conquest only player is they shall not pass worth getting for 15 quid??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

As a regular conquest only player is they shall not pass worth getting for 15 quid??

I think 100% yes, at the end of the day it's the price of 3 pints and there's good craic to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

In reply to the poster that found it difficult to find a server. I include us servers, yes the ping is sitting a bit higher (sometimes 70ms) but it's playable usually. So that or just roll the dice on finding a half decent operations server.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Interesting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Interesting?

Not really.

There's a slight conspiracy theory vibe about that video! He's totally neglected to mention that BF1 is the biggest selling game in the franchise, so the drop off in players is only natural with such a massive initial uptake. The actual player numbers are still incredibly healthy....which he's also neglected to mention.

So to answer the videos questions....are the audience 'done' with Battlefield 1? Not even close. Did Battlefield 1 fail? That's just an absurd question.

There's a slight conspiracy theory vibe about that video! He's totally neglected to mention that BF1 is the biggest selling game in the franchise, so the drop off in players is only natural with such a massive initial uptake. The actual player numbers are still incredibly healthy....which he's also neglected to mention.

So to answer the videos questions....are the audience 'done' with Battlefield 1? Not even close. Did Battlefield 1 fail? That's just an absurd question.
    He also said that the likes of Jack Frags and Levelcap are finished playing BF1

Jack Frags made 9 videos over the last 3 weeks about BF1 and he is playing the CTE and still making suggestions and contributing to improving the game through the CTE.

Levelcap made 17 bF1 videos in the last 3 weeks

Not that I give a rats I just seen this online but.....

He never said that the LC and JF are "finished" playing the game in fairness (0:42 sec) he said that they think the game is gone stale, but still decent fun.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Not really.

Ahh it must have been a ickle bit interesting if you clicked on it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Picked this up again last week and started playing, had completely forgotten how much time I had put into it and what level I was but it's proving a welcome change and chance to switch off in the evening and play something without having to concentrate.

Anyway, I have the slight itch to pick up the DLC and wondering does the premium pass go on sale often and for how much?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Levelcap giving it plenty of stick in his latest video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Levelcap is a tool. Gave up watching his clickbait rubbish a long time ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I agree, it was in reply to earlier mentions of him and his BF1 thoughts.

An easy way to get YouTube views is to produce videos that go against the grain and proclaim popular games to be dead, dying, flawed, whatever.

It isn't measured criticism, its clickbait b*llox (as someone else said).

Never ceases to amaze me how some gamers play a game incessantly and simultaneously scathe it online. Makes zero sense. If its that bad, stop playing it.

He's just one guy sharing his opinion, well good for him. They did the same with bf4, and always reference back to bc2 and bf3 as 'better titles'. I'm enjoying the game, it's still has some teething issues to iron out but I'm quite content with how it plays now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

There's only a few bugs in the game, the most annoying one I find is when you shot at some one and hit them it doesn't register, happened a few times last night, but it's not a game breaker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

tripperman wrote: »
    There's only a few bugs in the game, the most annoying one I find is when you shot at some one and hit them it doesn't register, happened a few times last night, but it's not a game breaker

Smoke seems to stop my bullets in their tracks .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I went off the game for a bit but I have to admit that Frontlines is just fantastic. Really given the game a second wind for me. An excellent game mode.

Real life battlefield.
    RoX3fS2.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I went off the game for a bit but I have to admit that Frontlines is just fantastic. Really given the game a second wind for me. An excellent game mode.
    Is it worth getting the DLC for that mode. I've started playing again in the last few days and i love it. Think i fell off early in its life when other games came out but i haven't bought anything new recently

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is it worth getting the DLC for that mode. I've started playing again in the last few days and i love it. Think i fell off early in its life when other games came out but i haven't bought anything new recently

Front lines is excellent, it's amazing how a battle can seesaw from one side to the next. It's my go-to game mode now. Would def recommend it to a friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

tigger123 wrote: »

Front lines is excellent, it's amazing how a battle can seesaw from one side to the next. It's my go-to game mode now. Would def recommend it to a friend!
    Have they said if this will be a game mode for all dlc going forward?

Have they said if this will be a game mode for all dlc going forward?

Not sure. I'd imagine it will be though, they'd hardly develop it and only use it on one batch of maps (?)

Have to say I love the DLC. Has really brought the game back to life for me, been playing the game a lot again. Considering the game and season pass combined were less than €80, and that I've already put in about 100 hours into the game and would see at least 50 - 60 more ahead at a minimum (depending on how good the upcoming DLC is), couldn't be happier with BF1.

Played an hour long game of frontlines last night on Fort De Vaux.

It was epic, for the first 30 minutes my team was pinned back and we lost one of our telegraph stations but then we regrouped and took Bravo (sorry, butter) and both sides fought over B for ages before we managed to push them back to C and finally take both of their telegraph stations.

You could see both teams trying out different strategies, organising defences and ambushes. I thought we were going to be hammered after 10 minutes, but we kept defending until we got the upper hand.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Played an hour long game of frontlines last night on Fort De Vaux.

It was epic, for the first 30 minutes my team was pinned back and we lost one of our telegraph stations but then we regrouped and took Bravo (sorry, butter) and both sides fought over B for ages before we managed to push them back to C and finally take both of their telegraph stations.

You could see both teams trying out different strategies, organising defences and ambushes. I thought we were going to be hammered after 10 minutes, but we kept defending until we got the upper hand.

To come back from one telegraph and go on and win the match is great fun!

I just can't get enough of this DLC - I haven't played the vanilla maps at all since it came out, just the four new ones! I played almost 4 straight hours today which is the most BF I've played in one sitting in....years.

How's everyone else finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Still playing Frontlines constantly, love it!

• Advertisement

Me too, still all over Frontlines.

Advertisement