Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

seiphil wrote: »
    New map dropped today!

Where can it be found? In what rotation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

tigger123 wrote: »
    Where can it be found? In what rotation?

I think it's in the They Shall Not Pass map set.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I was playing it and its a nice map....lovely colours and well set up. Would love to play it during the day....as its a night map but its one of the better maps. Not tank friendly at all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Yea I agree its a nice map.

Real trench warfare stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Map is riddled with bugs that we pointed out in testing on cte.
    It looks beautiful but plays like a bag of $hite. I'll be avoiding it like the plague.

• Advertisement

Wish you could play conquest on all the maps in a shuffle. Having the two different groups is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Its very annoying that there aren't some servers just playing the new map. If it's a map just released on it's own, lots of people are going to want to play it, so unless you're prepared to join a game hoping for the new map to pop into the rotation within an hour or two, you may or may not get a chance to play a full round of the new map.

I joined several servers from the browser yesterday where the match was just about to end, so by the time it loaded, the rotation had moved on.

I just use the browser and look for a server playing the map and join, I know its not ideal but it works at the minute as its popular as its new.

@Noxin,

What bugs did you find with the map? I only had 2 rounds so didnt get to notice anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Played it twice last night and I was tired from running around :) , just seemed to be constantly running . The next time I play it I'll just stay at one flag and defend it because the map is so open you can be sure it will be attacked .

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter because in their infinite wisdom they stuck it in with the TSNP maps so after a few weeks it will hardly be played again . They are experts at splitting up their own community . IMHO it should have been put in rotation with the regular maps .

Fyi, The bf1 july update is now live with a new night map. Haven't played it yet because my wife and kids are playing mario 3 on the snes (nerds!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm having trouble with my Cavalry loadout on BF1.
    I can't change anything in it since I've recently started back playing. If I get off my horse now I'm completely empty handed, no gun, no sword.
    I can't change the colour of my horse anymore now either.
    Has anyone else experiencd this too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭pmb

Noob here with Battlefield but after playing the first few campaigns last night and a few multiplayer team deathmatches, I know I'm gonna like it!

What do you use to play it? Keyboard/Mouse or Gaming Controller?

pmb wrote: »
    Noob here with Battlefield but after playing the first few campaigns last night and a few multiplayer team deathmatches, I know I'm gonna like it!

What do you use to play it? Keyboard/Mouse or Gaming Controller?

On pc ? , keyboard and mouse . If you try playing it with a controller then an anonymous person will call to your door and take your PC away and give it to a more deserving person .

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭pmb

jonski wrote: »
    On pc ? , keyboard and mouse . If you try playing it with a controller then an anonymous person will call to your door and take your PC away and give it to a more deserving person .

Hahaha I just ordered the Razer Deathadder Elite and a new mouse mat, I have no real option until then as the 800dpi mouse I'm using is terrible.

pmb wrote: »
    Hahaha I just ordered the Razer Deathadder Elite and a new mouse mat, I have no real option until then as the 800dpi mouse I'm using is terrible.

I have the Logitech G502 and I actually play it set to 800dpi .

For console owners, the CTE is now available on PS4 and Xbox One

(finally)
    You need to scroll all the way to the right to the 'more' screen and accept the CTE user agreement and you can then download the 40gb CTE environment and try out some of the new maps and guns before they're released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Does anyone else find blatant hacking is becoming a really common problem in BF1 - at least, a lot more than it used to be? Almost every second round now I'm encountering someone with something ridiculous like an 80-5 k/d ratio using support class just running around dishing out headshots.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Haven't been playing battlefield since Battlegrounds came out and I tried it tonight. Its awful muck. DICE consistently patch every BF game until its no longer playable.
    I've over 260 hours in Battlegrounds which is more than BF3/BF4 and BF1 combined. Considering I had over 800 hours in BF2,BC2 and BF2142 apiece its a sad indication of where Battlefield is going. Its basically COD with vehicles now.

Blazer wrote: »
    Haven't been playing battlefield since Battlegrounds came out and I tried it tonight. Its awful muck. DICE consistently patch every BF game until its no longer playable.
    I've over 260 hours in Battlegrounds which is more than BF3/BF4 and BF1 combined. Considering I had over 800 hours in BF2,BC2 and BF2142 apiece its a sad indication of where Battlefield is going. Its basically COD with vehicles now.

How much do I disagree with you ? .... a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

How much do I disagree with you ? .... a lot

it all depends on what you want from it..if you want a cod game with vehicles then BF1 ticks the boxes.
    If you want a good shooter with vehicles, good squad play etc then BF2,BF3 and maybe BF4 will tick the boxes. I just find BF1 incredibly boring and I've been playing Battlefield since 1942 ..the game that is :)
    It's a gorgeous looking game..but its like getting a Ferrari and discovering someone's replaced the engine with a 1 litre yokeymacbob.

it all depends on what you want from it..if you want a cod game with vehicles then BF1 ticks the boxes.
    If you want a good shooter with vehicles, good squad play etc then BF2,BF3 and maybe BF4 will tick the boxes. I just find BF1 incredibly boring and I've been playing Battlefield since 1942 ..the game that is :)
    It's a gorgeous looking game..but its like getting a Ferrari and discovering someone's replaced the engine with a 1 litre yokeymacbob.

I've played both COD and BF since the start , I stopped COD around BO 2 because of the direction the gameplay went , I still enjoy BF1 655 hours later . To me, COD and BF are nothing alike beyond both being FPS's .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I played battlefield one from the start on pc and loved it all threw betas and first few months of it I did play it less and less but it isn't the games fault I just moved onto other stuff but now that it's free on Xbox with ea pass I'm gonna play it on that again I've alot more friends playing it so should enjoy it more.

As far as call of duty goes it's an entirely game but I'm looking forward to getting into the new one in november and seen how it goes too it should be a blast.

Jesus lads, 600 and 800 hours of gameplay.

Thats getting some mileage out of it.

I say I average about 40 hours. Where do ya's get the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've played both COD and BF since the start , I stopped COD around BO 2 because of the direction the gameplay went , I still enjoy BF1 655 hours later . To me, COD and BF are nothing alike beyond both being FPS's .

I would also agree, I've been playing since BF1942 as well and I think BF1 is fantastic. I've 165hrs so far and not bored of it at all - definitely nothing like 'COD with vehicles' in my opinion.

Have 204hrs in BF4 so very easily can see BF1 surpassing that by a considerable margin.

I would also agree, I've been playing since BF1942 as well and I think BF1 is fantastic. I've 165hrs so far and not bored of it at all - definitely nothing like 'COD with vehicles' in my opinion.

Have 204hrs in BF4 so very easily can see BF1 surpassing that by a considerable margin.

I suppose because they seem to nerf everything I like about the game.
    Jets overpowered because people find it too hard to shoot me down -ok let’s nerf it because the noobs are complaining
    Snipers are horrible - let’s nerf them by letting everyone see where they are with sniper glint.
    I love flying , sniping and all out assault and dice have basically penalized people like me who are pretty good at 2 of these because other people are too lazy to learn how to combat and instead go whining on forums saying #omg snipers are overpowered or planes need to be nerfed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I suppose because they seem to nerf everything I like about the game.
    Jets overpowered because people find it too hard to shoot me down -ok let’s nerf it because the noobs are complaining
    Snipers are horrible - let’s nerf them by letting everyone see where they are with sniper glint.
    I love flying , sniping and all out assault and dice have basically penalized people like me who are pretty good at 2 of these because other people are too lazy to learn how to combat and instead go whining on forums saying #omg snipers are overpowered or planes need to be nerfed

Seems to be the norm. Destiny / The Division nerfed the crap put of stuff as people were complaining. I was horrible at flying in Battlefield 4 and in BF1. I'd agree stuff shouldn't be changed just because a section of the community complain about it.

I blame reddit.....****in thing should be banned the amount of whiney assholes on it. Grand for bad bugs and glitches to be reported but little spotty geeks in the mothers basement constantly moaning about this and that....devs pick up on it and nerf city!

I don't see whats been nerfed that has made that much difference to the overall game play , planes ?, sure everyone can fly now so everyone gets to experience it but I still see good pilots doing well . As for sniper glint , I wouldn't really know , I normally use the marksman variant unless I am using the Martini Henry Sniper , I move around anyway so the glint isn't going to give away where I am . As for people giving out about this and that on reddit , maybe people should give a little read over what they are posting here ;) .

• Advertisement

Difference here is no EA devs are gonna browse the boards forum and take what we have to say and change the game, I have been very critical of the game but only in relation to bad bugs and glitches (some of which are still not fixed). Not because Terror Firmer is raping in tanks all the time!!!!

LMAO

Advertisement