Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Reinstalled this last week, premium trials is active now so i can check out DLC maps, pretty nice maps apart from that prison one, god its terrible.
    Enjoying it all the same more than previously, might buy premium pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

As far as I can see on ps4 at the moment you get every thing for 35 euro. Seems to include the premium stuff as well.

Might be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Gotta say loving the new maps well some of them, the premium for 30 euro was well worth it.

I finally got the game playable (on my 4 year old PC) required a new CPU which luckly did the job.

Game looks great, plays great too.

Only thing is getting a regular server to play on, i used to play on the AnarchyUK servers for BF4 which were always busy but the BF1 server seems dead at times:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've only played a limited amount as I've had zilch time for gaming the last while but it seems pretty decent. I really like how DICE are making an effort to mix up the maps within each pack so that every round is more than just the same old in a different setting.

Not wild about the new vehicles/planes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Haven't played this in a while but was level 70 odd when I stopped, is the premium pass worth it for €30 on PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Haven't played this in a while but was level 70 odd when I stopped, is the premium pass worth it for €30 on PS4?

It's a little hard to say at this point. The premium pass gets you the four expansions, but with only two released so far, so no-one can comment on half of the content it covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Spear wrote: »
    It's a little hard to say at this point. The premium pass gets you the four expansions, but with only two released so far, so no-one can comment on half of the content it covers.

Well are the two that are out any use? Have they managed to pique people's interest in the game again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Is Premium available for 30 euro in the PS Store?

seen this posted on the server i was playing on, cant be right?

uKoexjQ.png

I don't see why not - PUBG bans up to 13k players some days.

That would be 6k cheaters across all regions and servers, not just that server.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Fairfight messages are broadcasts across all servers with it, if I remember rightly.

The new Russian maps are really good and well designed to offer totally different experiences game-to-game. Only have had a chance to play them properly in the last few days as I've been so busy lately.

Fair play to DICE, they're really working hard to make sure those of us who paid for the season pass get every cent's worth. When the French DLC came out, I played nothing but those maps for about 30 hours....and looks on course to be the same for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The new Russian maps are really good and well designed to offer totally different experiences game-to-game. Only have had a chance to play them properly in the last few days as I've been so busy lately.

Fair play to DICE, they're really working hard to make sure those of us who paid for the season pass get every cent's worth. When the French DLC came out, I played nothing but those maps for about 30 hours....and looks on course to be the same for this.

When the last DLC is out, a month later they should drop the price to free and keep it free otherwise the DLC maps and modes will not be populated and nobody will get to play them anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

zoqiw1hb3atz.jpg

Akrasia wrote: »
    When the last DLC is out, a month later they should drop the price to free and keep it free otherwise the DLC maps and modes will not be populated and nobody will get to play them anymore

You'd wonder. The base game is already in EA access so maybe they'd be hoping people would shell out for the DLC after enjoying the experience.

I think for example with Battlefront the core game went to EA Access, but the DLC didn't join it until some time later.

So there may be an in between period where they try suck up a few extra sales before letting the game go.

Last DLC won't be out though for another good few months so I think at that point maybe they'll be happy to just let it go. After all we're getting the next BF game next year anyway.

I bought premium pass the other day as its at half price at the moment and its totally transformed what had evolved into a dull experience for me.
    Some of the new maps are great, new weapons enjoyable, overall a really great experience nowadays.
    Only problem is ive nobody to play with , none of my gaming friends are playing it or have any interest.
    Public squads can be a disaster with zero teamwork, anybody playing regularly that wouldnt mind me tagging along?
    Im on PC.

I don't see why not - PUBG bans up to 13k players some days.

That would be 6k cheaters across all regions and servers, not just that server.
    Yeah i knew that but was kinda shocked and glad ofc.

Dcully wrote: »
    I bought premium pass the other day as its at half price at the moment and its totally transformed what had evolved into a dull experience for me.
    Some of the new maps are great, new weapons enjoyable, overall a really great experience nowadays.
    Only problem is ive nobody to play with , none of my gaming friends are playing it or have any interest.
    Public squads can be a disaster with zero teamwork, anybody playing regularly that wouldnt mind me tagging along?
    Im on PC.

Same dude, everyone ive met from BF3 & BF4 doesnt seem to play this, cant blame them as i hated it when i tried it first, ive grown to "accept" it lol.

But even a regular server which was always full in the BF3 & BF4 days "Anarchy UK" is empty, had some great games on there over the years!
    I dont even play on a regular server anymore as i haven't really found one.

Edit:
    ofc The amount of online games now is massive compared to back a few years ago. I love Overwatch, im playing it way more than BF1 and given the huge success of "Player unknowns battle grounds" (never played it) the player count is always gonna suffer.

Im on PC.

I'm back playing a bit now with the new DLC, though it's hard to find the time sometimes. Some days I'll play 5 hours, then I might not get a chance for a week!

Away at the moment but still playing the game on a medicore laptop. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Anyone else have trouble with the last origin update? It won't install for me. I have since removed the origin app and reinstalled but with the same outcome. So I'm a bit stumped.

• Advertisement

Hal1 wrote: »
    Anyone else have trouble with the last origin update? It won't install for me. I have since removed the origin app and reinstalled but with the same outcome. So I'm a bit stumped.

I thought I was loosing my mind. I kept getting errors, firstly with failed to download client, then with random errors like 2:20 error cannot update. Thought my laptop's SSD was on the way out even though it's only 2 months old.

In the end I uninstalled and downloaded Origin from a 3rd party website and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

My god that Supply Drop game mode is stupid .

I buy these games promising myself I'll just play them the way I want to and then I fall into the old routine of " I'll just complete this, I'll just unlock that, I'll just get this medal " . Well one of my medals this week was Supply Drop .......... never again, never .

jonski wrote: »
    My god that Supply Drop game mode is stupid .

I buy these games promising myself I'll just play them the way I want to and then I fall into the old routine of " I'll just complete this, I'll just unlock that, I'll just get this medal " . Well one of my medals this week was Supply Drop .......... never again, never .

Yeah, that mode will be dead soon

They should just hurry up and roll out frontlines for all the maps. It's the best mode for quick action if you're not in the mood for full on conquest or operations

I said it soon after BF1 release and say it again now, this game has by far the worst level of players of any game ive played in 20 years.
    Rarely and i mean rarely do i see teamwork or a squad working together.
    Prone snipers everywhere, yes prone is in the game but its just pathetic to see 75% of my team doing it.
    Rarely do i lose a 1v1 regardless of whether im using a crap weapon at the time if im unlocking weapons etc or if i have a good weapon, the general skill level is shockingly poor.

I said it soon after BF1 release and say it again now, this game has by far the worst level of players of any game ive played in 20 years.
    Rarely and i mean rarely do i see teamwork or a squad working together.
    Prone snipers everywhere, yes prone is in the game but its just pathetic to see 75% of my team doing it.
    Rarely do i lose a 1v1 regardless of whether im using a crap weapon at the time if im unlocking weapons etc or if i have a good weapon, the general skill level is shockingly poor.

So what's your KD ratio out of interest?

You say you rarely lose a 1 v 1 so you must be killed mostly by groups of players working together? Or is it all lone snipers shooting you from across the map (which is hard to do if you use cover properly and keep moving)

I find teamwork can be poor a lot of the time, but on frontlines, the team that works together usually wins.

There are a few maps that promote sniping and when a new DLC or assignment comes out that requires a x number of sniper rifle kills for the unlock, you will see a lot of scouts trying to grind out the assignment

I find skill levels are fine generally speaking but I do think BF relies a lot more on common sense, positional awareness and some tactical thinking as well compared to games like COD etc. My KD is 2.4:1 and I only consider myself a very average twitch shooter but have decent awareness.

Totally agree that the squad work in this game is utter crap though. The odd time you'll get a good game but most of the time it's just infuriating. Naturally if you've a good squad you'll get more points, more kills, be revived and supplied more regularly and contribute significantly to your team but most people just want to run around doing their own thing.

They need to do something with snipers with regards a cap or something, some maps at this stage 60%+ of the team can be scout class, and half of those lying in the same position for most of the game with only a handful of kills to show for it i.e totally useless and contribute nothing.

Though some scouts actually use non-scoped infantry rifles and play the map normally in that role so they do get lumped unfairly into the 'useless sniper' category.

Still a great game though and I love it, DLC is much better already than some of BF4's was.

I find skill levels are fine generally speaking but I do think BF relies a lot more on common sense, positional awareness and some tactical thinking as well compared to games like COD etc. My KD is 2.4:1 and I only consider myself a very average twitch shooter but have decent awareness.

Totally agree that the squad work in this game is utter crap though. The odd time you'll get a good game but most of the time it's just infuriating. Naturally if you've a good squad you'll get more points, more kills, be revived and supplied more regularly and contribute significantly to your team but most people just want to run around doing their own thing.

They need to do something with snipers with regards a cap or something, some maps at this stage 60%+ of the team can be scout class, and half of those lying in the same position for most of the game with only a handful of kills to show for it i.e totally useless and contribute nothing.

Though some scouts actually use non-scoped infantry rifles and play the map normally in that role so they do get lumped unfairly into the 'useless sniper' category.

Still a great game though and I love it, DLC is much better already than some of BF4's was.
    Scouts who push forwards and use their flares to spot enemies are really valuable, especially when combined with a support class who actually re-supplies the flares when they run out.

I play mostly scout and support, and the only time I have ever sat back and sniped was when I had to complete that stupid 'shoot 5 players from behind the sniper shield' assignment

I usually win a highlight for most resupplies cause I spam the ammo pouches at any team mate who needs them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Play Conquest , see you team make any kind of decent advancement over the other team and then watch as most of your team change to sniper class ..... and as you start to lose watch as most of them don't change back .

The last few times I've been playing, I've been joining servers with a low ping like 8 or 9 and playing fine until all of a sudden, it jumps to almost 500ms which makes the game unplayable

If i join another server, the game works fine again so it doesn't seem to be my connection

has anyone else had this problem (xbox one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Akrasia wrote: »
    The last few times I've been playing, I've been joining servers with a low ping like 8 or 9 and playing fine until all of a sudden, it jumps to almost 500ms which makes the game unplayable

If i join another server, the game works fine again so it doesn't seem to be my connection

has anyone else had this problem (xbox one)

Yeah it's been a problem for me the last three or four weeks, makes the game awful,

Advertisement