Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dcully wrote: »
    I said it soon after BF1 release and say it again now, this game has by far the worst level of players of any game ive played in 20 years.
    Rarely and i mean rarely do i see teamwork or a squad working together.
    Prone snipers everywhere, yes prone is in the game but its just pathetic to see 75% of my team doing it.
    Rarely do i lose a 1v1 regardless of whether im using a crap weapon at the time if im unlocking weapons etc or if i have a good weapon, the general skill level is shockingly poor.

Battlefield has been getting dumbed down for noobs since BF2.
    Its boring as hell and unless you're on with a good crew for the laugh I don't even play it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have not played it for months, got an invite there the other day for the new DLC and I have no interest at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Game is dead atm trying to get a game for the last 30 mins and nothing but joinng an empty server with just me!

Gonna get worse with Star Wars and D2 DLC and Cod out too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Gonna get worse with Star Wars and D2 DLC and Cod out too.....

Never have a problem getting a game on PS4, still finding it highly enjoyable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yep, on PC either....and I'm only playing the DLC, there'd be ten times as many people playing the base game!

I think it's still healthy on all platforms, BF1 stats say there peak 24hr, there were over 100k people playing on all platforms - 22k PC, 37K Xbox, 53K PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Some flop of a game, watered down Battlefield to appease infantry only noobs who want meat grinding play. So disappointed in the game.

I played bf4 the other day and it was exciting and snappy, not of this awful random bullet generating crap and vehicles were actually relevant.

Also conquest scoring is dire and rush is completely ruined. Shame

Never have a problem because most of the servers are never full....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Scram wrote: »
    Game is dead atm trying to get a game for the last 30 mins and nothing but joinng an empty server with just me!

Your filters are wrong, literally hundreds of full servers for me earlier today and anyday i wish to play.
    The game is far from dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Was on nearly every night last week and had no trouble ever getting into a game (PS4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Was playing a few few rounds during the week (on ps4) and was able to get a game no hassle at all. Surprised some people are having difficumties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Never have a problem because most of the servers are never full....

Rubbish

Rubbish

Ohh you got me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

How much is Premium generally? Wasn't too bothered about it before but just saw the offer for 14.99 when I logged on and picked it up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Think it's usually €30 maybe €25, it's been some time since I purchased.

Dcully wrote: »
    Your filters are wrong, literally hundreds of full servers for me earlier today and anyday i wish to play.
    The game is far from dead.

lol thanks man was probably set for the latest DLC

Cool_CM wrote: »
    How much is Premium generally? Wasn't too bothered about it before but just saw the offer for 14.99 when I logged on and picked it up there.

erm i think it was 50 euro when the game came out, i got it for 30 on origin(waited a year) but youve got a better deal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

erm i think it was 50 euro when the game came out, i got it for 30 on origin(waited a year) but youve got a better deal there.

Thought that was the old price alright, which is why I was so surprised to get it so cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Just picked up the season pass for 14.99. Great deal!

tigger123 wrote: »
    Just picked up the season pass for 14.99. Great deal!
    Dam its 15 quid on PC too..nice bargain for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Some flop of a game, watered down Battlefield to appease infantry only noobs who want meat grinding play. So disappointed in the game.

I played bf4 the other day and it was exciting and snappy, not of this awful random bullet generating crap and vehicles were actually relevant.

Also conquest scoring is dire and rush is completely ruined. Shame

I bought this when it was released on PC and hated it. Too many snipers, too many heavy vehicles and dire respawn times. People running around like headless chickens, low level guns which are less than useless. Fired it up again today and nothing has changed.

BF4 was fantastic by comparison.

eeguy wrote: »
    I bought this when it was released on PC and hated it. Too many snipers, too many heavy vehicles and dire respawn times. People running around like headless chickens, low level guns which are less than useless. Fired it up again today and nothing has changed.

BF4 was fantastic by comparison.

I totaly agree with you, in all my years of playing Battlefield games i could never get into BF1. (Blah blah i started with 1942 on PC, my favorite was and still is BF:Vietnam!)

The fact that some player in an "arty truck" can go 80-0 in a game sums up whats wrong with the game.

Its not just that the progression which is a pain the hole and distracts from ****ing playing the game.

Dont get me wrong i like the game but not in the way BF4.

My biggest issue with BF1 is the sniper rifle sweet spot mechanic, it removes all skill from sniping, no need for headshots anymore.
    Once your in the weapons sweet spot its a one shot kill even if you shoot the enemy in the toe, its just ridiculous.
    Also the maps in the vanilla non DLC game are useless with the expception of 2-3 at the most, thankfully most DLC maps are really good.

Technically BF1 is better than BF3 and BF4, the hit reg for one is light years ahead,they really nailed it in BF1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I totaly agree with you, in all my years of playing Battlefield games i could never get into BF1. (Blah blah i started with 1942 on PC, my favorite was and still is BF:Vietnam!)

The fact that some player in an "arty truck" can go 80-0 in a game sums up whats wrong with the game.

Its not just that the progression which is a pain the hole and distracts from ****ing playing the game.

Dont get me wrong i like the game but not in the way BF4.

And look, maybe it's more realistic to blown up by artillery from a mile away, have your squad massacred by a tank or shot to pieces by invisible snipers, but it's not fun.

Turning Tides DLC out yesterday, two maps and plenty of new weapons with two more maps coming in Jan I believe?
    More content is always good, really enjoying the game these days.

The vanilla game doesn't do it justice as it really only has 3 or so decent maps most of the DLC maps are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Premium is 70% off on Xbox one at the moment. Well worth it for 15 euros. You'll get 10 new maps as of today as well as 6 more to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Didn't realise the new DLC was out. Like cully said above, the DLC maps are actually pretty solid, I find with each release I'm happy to play the new maps in endless rotation. Can't even remember the last time I played the vanilla maps.

Now, if I could only stop playing Overwatch....

Yeah Overwatch is awesome, I played the hell out of it and always come and go to it but none of my gaming friends play it so solo play can be tiresome.

I must admit I'm not mad about the 2 maps included with turning tides but really enjoying the new weapons.
    Had a few good maps lastnight with the arisaka bolt action rifle.
    As a veteran red orchestra player I feel right at home with bolt action rifles in BF1 and clock up some decent kills with them, I especially like the new arisaka :)

Battlefield_1_Screenshot_2017.12.19_-_14.43.52.02.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't know if it means much, but EA seems to be taking the Incursons thing fairly seriously, to the point where it got it's own major project codename of Callisto. Wonder if EA is going to make more of an effort on e-sports.

Advertisement