Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Yup they are putting a lot of effort into it. There won't be any e-sports for BF1 but I think they're using it as a good baseline for BF2018.
    Incursions is actually great fun, but it can get infuriating too when you get a team of twits trying to camp in buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Waiting for the christmas noobs :D.
    izt1u2hdvp501.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,967 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hal1 wrote: »
    Waiting for the christmas noobs :D.
    izt1u2hdvp501.jpg

That's me, i'm a n00b. Only picked up Revolution the other day, so played a few games. Mostly Medic and whatever the sniper one is called.

Any tips for a newbie? Getting middling results at the moment, depending on the map. That one where it's a sandstorm is a pain, but good for the sniping!

Anyone else having an issue playing online? Trying to join games and either the matchmaking didn't work immediately, or if I search for servers and try to join, the screen goes up into the clouds and straight back to the server list. PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Does anyone here using virgin media find Battlefield lagging? I never had an issue using sky broadband but since getting virgin media, I find it glitchy. I actually see some players skipping when they move..
    The Xbox is connected via the Ethernet cable directy the the Virgin hub. When I do a speed test (using my phone ) I get a ping of 10 ms.And that's obviously over wireless...
    Any thoughts ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Does anyone here using virgin media find Battlefield lagging? I never had an issue using sky broadband but since getting virgin media, I find it glitchy. I actually see some players skipping when they move..
    The Xbox is connected via the Ethernet cable directy the the Virgin hub. When I do a speed test (using my phone ) I get a ping of 10 ms.And that's obviously over wireless...
    Any thoughts ?

Thanks
    I had some severe problems with LAG I was connecting to EU servers getting pings of 12ms, and a few minutes into the game the ping spiked to 300ms and the game became unplayable.

The way I fixed it was by clearing the Cache.

Basically, unplug the xbox one for a couple of minutes and plug it back in. The game was accumulating a lot of temporary files which caused the lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

any xbox1 players on here ?

gamer tag Jambodavo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

jambofc wrote: »
    any xbox1 players on here ?

gamer tag Jambodavo

Marinebinkie615 is my name add me away please.
    I downloaded it last week and it's tough going on multiplayer and single!
    I found and joined a group on Xbox live called board's gaming community or something similar I'll double check in the morning when I knock it on

Is it just me or has the model 10 hunter been dramatically slowed down in recent updates ?
    The time between each shot seems to have greatly increased..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Is it just me or has the model 10 hunter been dramatically slowed down in recent updates ?

Yeah it's not as good as it was a few month's back

• Advertisement

tripperman wrote: »
    Yeah it's not as good as it was a few month's back

I came across a few videos demonstrating so on YouTube shortly after I posted here..
    Now I got to find a replacement so. I'm using the hellriegel but it's awful hard to aim with it. What are ye guys using for assault?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

I came across a few videos demonstrating so on YouTube shortly after I posted here..
    Now I got to find a replacement so. I'm using the hellriegel but it's awful hard to aim with it. What are ye guys using for assault?

I'm using the hellriegel and automatico, was trying to get the head shots with the mp18 optical but gave up didn't even get one

The 10-A Hunter has always been slow. Nothing official in changes that I can see for it. I was never a huge fan of it anyway. If I'm going shotty, I usually run the M97.
    tripperman wrote: »
    I'm using the hellriegel and automatico, was trying to get the head shots with the mp18 optical but gave up didn't even get one

There's a trick to getting those headshots. DONT ADS!
    I'm dead serious. Don't try to aim for the head while ads. It's bullet spread doesn't allow for it. Once you take that into account, it's actually pretty easy to get them.
    Obviously aim relatively high but after that just hip fire. Once you get that down, it's actually easy enough to get the kills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I find the hellriegel brilliant for around medium range. Depends on the map but I almost never use nothing else, one of the best versatile weapons.

Noxin wrote: »
    The 10-A Hunter has always been slow. Nothing official in changes that I can see for it. I was never a huge fan of it anyway. If I'm going shotty, I usually run the M97.

There's a trick to getting those headshots. DONT ADS!
    I'm dead serious. Don't try to aim for the head while ads. It's bullet spread doesn't allow for it. Once you take that into account, it's actually pretty easy to get them.
    Obviously aim relatively high but after that just hip fire. Once you get that down, it's actually easy enough to get the kills.

Sorry, ADS?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Sorry, ADS?

Aim Down Sight

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

Sorry, ADS?

Aim
    Down
    Sights

Took me a while to figure it out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

PC players in here? username : Lord-Nikon-99

I'm quite annoyed at myself for not getting this sooner. It's a really, really good FPS. Granted, I had the bad experience with CoD: WWII before trying it, so it was bound to be better, but it just feels right. The guns feel different from each other, and there is plenty of different types to choose. The sniping feels better than any of the previous BF games i've played, and not having RPG's to take down the planes is actually really refreshing and makes you think about what's around you, ie: the nearest AA gun. Top class game!

Don't get too attached to the feel of the guns, there's a weapons balance coming in a week or two that shifts things around a lot, but it's been extensively tested in the CTE and gets good feedback

The Battlefield experience blows away all other FPS games though. There's nothing like being pinned down in a building trying to get away from a tank only to have a plane crash into the roof and make a nice hole out the back for you to escape through.

I got COD off my wife for xmas as a last minute present and I traded it in almost straight away because it just felt so small and cramped compared to the BF1 experience. (she didn't mind, I traded it for a 2nd controller so we can play tetris which she always beats me at)

• Advertisement

That's the thing, and I'm not sure if it was because WWII was bad, but I didn't feel this engaged in any of the previous Battlefield games, even 4 (which is also a really good FPS). I preferred the combat in CoD all along, and went against the grain insofar as I wasn't a fan of the Treyarch stuff, but Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward ones were good (we don't include Ghosts, ever!). But WWII got is so wrong imo. And going from that to the awesomeness of BF1 was made a lot easier.

I had another moment last night where I somehow managed to avoid being shot by about 12 infantry, a tank and a plane. They all should have killed me, but so much happened in the space of about 15 seconds I managed to escape. Their tank got blown up just as it was about to shoot me, the plane was shot down and took out some infantry, and the rest of the infantry got decimated in the confusion. Edge of my seat stuff, heart pounding and fully convinced I was in the game!

I'm currently running a Turtlebeach XP510 and using 'War tapes' for the audio. That would be the best for sound, correct?

Yup, war tapes is the way to go. Sounds savage.
    And moments like that are why I love Battlefield. You just sit back afterwards wondering wtf just happened.

BF1 Incursions is out now on pc and consoles.

I've only given it one or two games and it's certainly a different experience compared with the main title

I think it did have the potential to be a good competitive title, but I don't see it getting the player base required to make it worth playing. And the player base for the regular BF1 has collapsed recently with peak players down by almost 40% since January and most of the game modes essentially dead. I haven't been able to find a frontlines server with any players on Xbox in over a month, which is a real shame as that was my favourite mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

I'm sure from the company's perspective it's great to upsell packages, maps, modes etc, but it always seems to just splinter the player base and quicken the demise of the online community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

have not played this in about 6 months, but I am itching to get back into a FPS,

Is the premium pass worth buying ? thinking this could keep me going to the new release in the autumn time..

If you get the premium on a big discount it's worth it, but the base game is where most of the action is these days, and they're releasing some of the DLC maps for free and a new operations mode will be released in June for free too

At this point in the BF4 cycle, they started giving away premium passes for free to keep the premium content alive and build hype for the new release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Akrasia wrote:
    At this point in the BF4 cycle, they started giving away premium passes for free to keep the premium content alive and build hype for the new release

Any word on a new release?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Any word on a new release?

For BF1 or BFV in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Spear wrote:
    For BF1 or BFV in November?

BFV been confirmed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

BFV been confirmed?

Yup, rumours suggesting a return to WW2, but nothing official yet.

Advertisement