Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

With NDA lifted we'll hopefully get some news about beta soon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Cohh Carnage is currently streaming it atm: https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

Looks fun :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looking at these big streamers getting beta access to games like this and overwatch is sickening when you consider 99% of them wont even bother with the game when its released while genuine fans are incredibly lucky if they gain access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Dcully wrote: »
    Looking at these big streamers getting beta access to games like this and overwatch is sickening when you consider 99% of them wont even bother with the game when its released while genuine fans are incredibly lucky if they gain access.

Especially the tossers who primarily played CoD and are complaing that tanks are OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I find it a bit boring really...no real squad play at the moment and I find I just seem disconnected from it all..maybe its the map :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Blazer wrote: »
    I find it a bit boring really...no real squad play at the moment and I find I just seem disconnected from it all..maybe its the map :confused:

I've been playing it a good bit last couple of days and the odd time you get into a squad that does a bit of good team work by reviving, throwing down med and ammo packs etc. But its only been the odd time.

I put it down to it being a closed alpha because, of all the lads I play with regularly none of them got a key so I've been playing with randomers all the time.

Not sure I like the repairing in the game. Seems only the driver gets a repair tool when he spawns in the vehicle and on top of that it only repairs 2 points of health with each hit from the hammer. That has put both me and my repair tool out of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I've been playing it a good bit last couple of days

You're playing it on XB1 are you?

Sure I seen your tag in a few of my games today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Is the methods of team play limited because it's ww1, as in you've no sensors etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Is the methods of team play limited because it's ww1, as in you've no sensors etc

No sensors that I'm aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

IvoryTower wrote: »

Biggest team play elements from Battlefield in my experience have been revives, throwing health/ ammo, spotting, remote spawning and repairs. All of which except the latter are available in BF1. (To my knowledge)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Watched that earlier ^ Game looks ridiculously good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Frankie always has a good take on a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Blazer wrote: »
    No sensors that I'm aware of.

May be mistaken but thought i saw a flare gun that spotted enemies on the map?

EoinHef wrote:
    May be mistaken but thought i saw a flare gun that spotted enemies on the map?

Correct. Scout gets 1 flare which spots everyone in its radius.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

That is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

What are the team mic options on consoles like? Can you only talk to your own squad like in bf4 or is there more dynamic coms like the game 'Squad'

Terry Crews decided he wanted to build his own gaming PC after the BF1 event :D

https://www.facebook.com/realterrycrews/videos/1181945658492458/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Terry Crews decided he wanted to build his own gaming PC after the BF1 event :D

https://www.facebook.com/realterrycrews/videos/1181945658492458/

What do you think Misky. Will it be a Battlefield 1 purchase on PC or Xbox One for you?

• Advertisement

What do you think Misky. Will it be a Battlefield 1 purchase on PC or Xbox One for you?

As is tradition. XB1 first then pick it up on PC later for the craic.

The Alpha ends Monday 18th at 9am Irish time.

tumblr_n12a2k7b1O1trw6zto1_500.gif

If you have a choice PC every time, nothing like 144hz and high res, throw in gsync and its gaming bliss.

Dcully wrote:
    If you have a choice PC every time, nothing like 144hz and high res, throw in gsync and its gaming bliss.

Yeah I only have a 1080p screen but choose Xbox for friends & zero hacks every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Is hacking an issue on the PC versions of Battlefield 4 at the moment?

Depends on who you ask. Most people will say they haven't experienced many. Search for it on YouTube and you will find thousands of videos of people hacking. Some very blatantly, others use it a bit more smartly. Either way, it's nice knowing there aren't any at all on XB1, yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

It's not a huge issue but it has increased for sure. Mostly down to Origin offering a full week of free game time.
    People create fake accounts and just join to be annoying little prats.
    I've spectated a few and its very obvious in most cases with twitchy low level characters one banging with pistols from good distance etc

Just give us the beta please !!!!

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Just give us the beta please !!!!

Early September most likely.

Advertisement