Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'm thinking pc first this time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Early September most likely.

I was thinking earlier than that, hoping atleast, levelcap reckons it will be very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

What do you guys all think Battlefield 1 On xbox1 or PC*

*i7 4790k and GTX 750Ti 4gb OC

I'm guessing I could get away with high settings!

When your signed up with the insider program can you play the beta on pc and xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What do you guys all think Battlefield 1 On xbox1 or PC*

*i7 4790k and GTX 750Ti 4gb OC

I'm guessing I could get away with high settings!

For me it's as simple as going where most of my friends are. XB1 for me.

Be a question of better graphics!

• Advertisement

Be a question of best graphics!

PC obviously graphics wise. Only 720p on xb1

Be a question of better graphics!

Going by Battlefront benchmarks. A 750ti would be best set to Medium settings on 1080p for a smooth 60fps experience.

http://www.game-debate.com/blog/images/_id1444399067_1_1.jpg

quite a lot of people are shifting to pc recently

dunworth1 wrote: »
    quite a lot of people are shifting to pc recently

takes about 1.5 minute to get to xbox home screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I don't think I can do the Xbox 720p or PS4 900p for this game when I have a 1440p monitor and gamimg PC. Surely that's a crime in some countries :)

I did Xbox One for Battlefield 4 but now that I have a gaming PC I think it's time to switch platform. From what we have seen so far this looks like a great game so I really want to get the most out of it.

• Advertisement

I don't think I can do the Xbox 720p or PS4 900p for this game when I have a 1440p monitor and gamimg PC. Surely that's a crime in some countries :)

I did Xbox One for Battlefield 4 but now that I have a gaming PC I think it's time to switch platform. From what we have seen so far this looks like a great game so I really want to get the most out of it.

since theres a few of us on pc now too it should be easier

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Been a while since Xbox one and PS4 did 720p and 900p, and even then this was an issue with many developers early on in a machines life cycle, but then the xbox one and the PS4 were released with old tech to begin with, and which has brought about the shorter refresh cycle with the xbox one S and PS4 neo and microsoft jumping the gun with the scorpio announcement so early and why it's over powered as compared to the prior two under powered machines.

Unless your eyes and pc monitors and games support the likes of 4k, there will be little to complain about a mere resolution difference of a couple of a hundred pixels. If your graphics card isn't a beast of a card, like say a 1070 or 1080, titan etc, then even 4k gaming on a pc is gonna be a very expensive venture.

Battlefield 1 running 4k at 60 frames per second below..even though the best youtube can offer is 1080 at 60fps

Would you pay €1,500+ for a decent pc to play this one ultra at 60 fps?

SharpCoder wrote: »

Unless your eyes and pc monitors and games support the likes of 4k, there will be little to complain about a mere resolution difference of a couple of a hundred pixels. If your graphics card isn't a beast of a card, like say a 1070 or 1080, titan etc, then even 4k gaming on a pc is gonna be a very expensive venture.

Battlefield 1 running 4k at 60 frames per second below..even though the best youtube can offer is 1080 at 60fps

Would you pay €1,500+ for a decent pc to play this one ultra at 60 fps?

those cards even struggle with 4k

I can watch that video on youtube at 4k

Hmm yeah true enough. Would have to buy a 4k monitor to even justify the justification of spending that much for one of those cards. Wouldn't have enough left over for BF1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Managed to get access to this at the weekend for a few hours. I have to say it made me feel very worried for the game.

Everything seems balanced very nicely, hit reg and ttk is nice and it plays and feels like Battlefield of old, there is literally nothing I can think of to pick holes in (and I do usually when it comes to BF)

And that's what has me worried. Between now and release how many changes they will make to **** it all up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Some of that is pretty big.

The auto-spotting needs to go. Especially through walls. That seems more of a feature than a bug but needs to go.
    The running at walls and being able to see through is a bug. I imagine that would get fixed.
    Suppression through walls. lulwut?
    Landshark bug is back. haha. Did they every completely kill that in BF4?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Noxin wrote: »
    Landshark bug is back. haha. Did they every completely kill that in BF4?

They managed to completely remove it from BF3 but it's still a common enough sight to see in BF4.

I'm certain a lot of these will be fixed before release due to the amount of hype people are throwing on the game (If the game is released riddled with bugs while thousands of new players are knocking about, that'll be the end of their consumership) especially once a beta is released and more bugs get reported and eventually lead to a lovely day 1 patch.

It's just annoying that some bugs from BF4 are transitioning to BF1.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    They managed to completely remove it from BF3 but it's still a common enough sight to see in BF4.

I'm certain a lot of these will be fixed before release due to the amount of hype people are throwing on the game (If the game is released riddled with bugs while thousands of new players are knocking about, that'll be the end of their consumership) especially once a beta is released and more bugs get reported and eventually lead to a lovely day 1 patch.

This happens with every BF game. Old bugs and 'features' return and are eventually patched every single time.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    since theres a few of us on pc now too it should be easier
    And Terry Crews :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And Terry Crews :D

Yeah, about that...

http://imgur.com/gallery/7oyiK

Turns out he wasn't kidding on this one.

Spear wrote: »
    Yeah, about that...

http://imgur.com/gallery/7oyiK

Turns out he wasn't kidding on this one.

yep hes been building it with live streams on facebook

XtraFalcon wrote: »

It's just DICE / EA being lazy amateurs. Yes I understand how much work goes into a game.

But when you have the likes of Metro hacks / glitches and bugs all PATCHED in BF3 and for them all to reappear in BF4 it's shows exactly their attitude to "quality assurance".

There is no excuse for that type of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It's just DICE / EA being lazy amateurs.

Where to even start, you've just completely lambasted a whole company when the product isn't even out yet. It's still in Alpha !

Is this your 'EXPERT' opinion from years making games ??...or just some backseat driver annoyed that some games he bought had bugs in them but now has the authority and knowledge to call one of the best developers in the world a group of 'Amateurs'.

Get over yourself

In fairness Battlefield 4 was an absolute disaster for its first year. It took such a long time to get the game in launch ready condition.

I think people deserve the right to be highly skeptical about DICE's next Battlefield project.

If DICE do a great job with Battlefield 1 that will certainly earn back a lot of respect from gamers.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Where to even start, you've just completely lambasted a whole company when the product isn't even out yet. It's still in Alpha

Firstly, I was talking about BF3 and BF4 not BF1 and yes what they did was lazy and was amateur. When you talk about DICE being the beat which DICE studio are you talking about?

If you read over the thread you'd see I praised BF1 after playing it. As for being an expert I don't know about that but with over 5000 hours played across the entire series I feel I can certainly talk about this game with a certain level of knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is there any talk of 'Premium' this time around?

the xbox marketplace doesn't have any bundle with a mention of it, and i don't want to commit to a bundle only to have one with discounted premium appear later.

the xbox marketplace doesn't have any bundle with a mention of it, and i don't want to commit to a bundle only to have one with discounted premium appear later.

cant really see them not doing it

• Advertisement

So far nothing. My guess is they are going to sell the basic (€70) and deluxe edition (€90) and then try to get us to buy premium when the first DLC is due out.

Cheeky move.

Advertisement