Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My guess is they're doing away with premium altogether and going free maps for all to keep the community together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    My guess is they're doing away with premium altogether and going free maps for all to keep the community together.

17qm7m.jpg

My favourite one of them is "so you're telling me, you poop in your water?" :P

Sign back into your 'Battlefield Insider', there's now an option to choose which platform you want the early access beta key for: https://www.battlefield.com/community/insider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Sign back into your 'Battlefield Insider', there's now an option to choose which platform you want the early access beta key for: https://www.battlefield.com/community/insider

Cheers, signed up for the pc :)

• Advertisement

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Cheers, signed up for the pc :)

Signed up for XB1 with my main account but signed up for PC with an alt. See both sides of the rainbow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gotten all the Hardline DLC free at this point on PC and they've not set 1 as free on PS4 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

This should be the first thing that pops up when the game is loaded.

dHCsRo3.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Or Alternatively...

392648.png

Or Alternatively...

I would agree until I joined a public game where 2 squads spend the entire match launching vehicles into the abyss. I wouldn't scorn anyone for having fun as it's the point of the whole game but stuff like that is downright trolling.

My idea of fun is playing with my friends in a squad and winning and people launching all our vehicles onto the moon directly effects that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I would agree until I joined a public game where 2 squads spend the entire match launching vehicles into the abyss. I wouldn't scorn anyone for having fun as it's the point of the whole game but stuff like that is downright trolling.

My idea of fun is playing with my friends in a squad and winning and people launching all our vehicles onto the moon directly effects that.

Sure but if you find that annoying you have a server browser and can head off to one where people play the way you like it. I wouldn't begrudge anyone playing the game in a way that's fun for them. So long as they're not maliciously trying to ruin the experience of others. I mean I agree with you that it's much more fun to play the objective, work as a team and ultimately win, but not everyone has the same priorities.

Sure but if you find that annoying you have a server browser and can head off to one where people play the way you like it. I wouldn't begrudge anyone playing the game in a way that's fun for them. So long as they're not maliciously trying to ruin the experience of others. I mean I agree with you that it's much more fun to play the objective, work as a team and ultimately win, but not everyone has the same priorities.

Which I did right after I noticed them doing this. I don't track the majority of the team apart from my squad (and flag cappers) so I didn't notice this going on until my squad mate started shouting at a group of players that couldn't hear him about them launching vehicles.

As I said I'm all for people having fun but in my eyes this was blatant trolling.

They also could have left and found an empty server to do their little experiments on. I'm not being salty about it but when their version of fun kicks in, it becomes an annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think the vehicle classes will have a nice effect on people taxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Varik wrote: »
    I think the vehicle classes will have a nice effect on people taxing.

Well they basically quash it for the most part. Usually it's snipers looking for a vantage point or people looking for a quick cap.

Vantage point is gone due to no rifle and while you might get a quick cap, you're about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike with the weapons you're left with. Personally love the introduction of the driver class.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

More Info

6Xc4sYO.jpg?1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

From my admittedly limited reading of reddit this going to conincide with a great big old Battlelog nerf in that it's being stripped down completely like Star Wars Battlefront.

It's one of the reasons the forums where moved to a completely new address / system.

Am open to correction on the above though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

From my admittedly limited reading of reddit this going to conincide with a great big old Battlelog nerf in that it's being stripped down completely like Star Wars Battlefront.

It's one of the reasons the forums where moved to a completely new address / system.

Am open to correction on the above though

They are just trying to say between the lines that Battlefield 4 is FINALLY launch ready :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

EA dont own Battlelog whatever thing you install every update does. Guessing EA trying to save a few quid.

I grew to like Battlelog it actually worked (not on BF4 tho), but in fairness once the newthing has a working party system from launch I doubt anyone will notice its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dreamers75 wrote:
    EA dont own Battlelog whatever thing you install every update does. Guessing EA trying to save a few quid.

Can you explain? Who owns battlelog?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Can you explain? Who owns battlelog?

Cant confirm in work but whenever you get an update it was signed by a different company, they own whatever technology powers it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It used to rely upon the ESN Sonar plugin, but that was dropped when browsers dropped the use of NPAPI plugins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Good news at least is that the horrible passive spotting behind walls / buildings has been confirmed as a bug and they're looking to overhaul it and other spotting bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cant confirm in work but whenever you get an update it was signed by a different company, they own whatever technology powers it.

ah i thought you meant the web interface

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Be interesting to see if all the classes will be distinguishable to the f*cker in the bell tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

FCUK OFF EA Collectors Edition Sans Game

FCUK OFF EA Collectors Edition Sans Game

I saw this a couple of days ago, brushed it aside as a mistake apparently it wasn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

aimed at those that want the collectibles but prefer a digital version of the game?

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    aimed at those that want the collectibles but prefer a digital version of the game?

Funnily enough if you buy the game and this Collector's Edition separately it's actually slightly cheaper than buying the Collector's Edition than with the game included.

Only €15 but if you're spending over €200, I doubt you'll care much for €15.

Advertisement