Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Cormac... wrote: »
    Whats the skill curve for this series like?

FWIW: I play COD (~1.0 KDR), Destiny (~1.5 KDR) and I'm decent at Overwatch

Is this one of these games I'd need to spend like 80 hours to even be able to survive 20 seconds?

Nope, in BF you can survive a long time as the maps are so big. But it has a very nice curve once you understand a few small key points. Recoil and bullet drop for the weapon you use (dont spray and pray), dont run around in the open as the snipers will get you, and try to stick with your squad there is safety in numbers, but you will pick it up quickly.

I'd recomend playing some death match to get used to it, then add some objectives in by playing domination, then some additional vechicles in rush, then all out 64 player madness in conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Kinda tired of the formula DICE use now with large maps, ie put a few flags together to suck up to the players who can't go longer than 10 seconds without being in a firefight and leave the other flags far away and thus redundant.

In those maps, as said above, the outer flags are ignored as people simply cannot fathom playing a fps and not being in the action all the time.

This new map seems to fit that description 100%.

And christ if I see another 100 miles per hour bayonet charge I will lose the will to live. That's some seriously awful addition. Is this now a take the piss fps?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

From what i have seen, not had the chance to try any of the maps yet, they look like typical DICE BF maps. But i don't see why most people are complaining here?! Its easy these days to whine/complain it seems but i will hold judgement until i play it. Its a pity people enjoy complaining about every aspect they don't like (every FPS i have ever played has had something like that where players complained!).
    Really got into BF4, after the initial hiccups, and its a very decent game. I do enjoy the different map types, albeit Op Locker sized maps are not my favourites.
    I would just say if you have tried it and don't like it fine but it was only in Alpha thus far. Next up is Beta. Give the game a chance and be a bit more positive. Thats the way everyone should be when looking forward to whichever game it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

And christ if I see another 100 miles per hour bayonet charge I will lose the will to live. That's some seriously awful addition. Is this now a take the piss fps?

If you play the beta and don't like what you are seeing footage-wise then consider maybe not buying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Varik wrote: »
    Are you sure it doesn't, at one point in the livestreams it looked like the engine was blow out and the train was stationary with the rear ones still firing.

There was single hp meter for the train in the top right corner of the HUD so I assumed it was using the same setup as the airship.

I think individual guns can be destroyed (again like the airship) But I dont think they can stop the trrain or split it up.

but i'll happily be proven wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

HHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *stab

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

I have a question about the game. Really looking forward to it but I have a limited mobile WiFi modem. 30gb a month. And yes it is as big a nightmare as u think it is. I was wondering if anyone knows the data usage of the game over let's say an hour? I'll be playing on ps4 by the way. I currently play blops 3 and GTA with out any problems. Although big updates can be a bollox sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You won't use much data at all for just multiplayer gaming. 100mb would get you a good few hours gaming session no probs. Probably similar to cod

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    I have a question about the game. Really looking forward to it but I have a limited mobile WiFi modem. 30gb a month. And yes it is as big a nightmare as u think it is. I was wondering if anyone knows the data usage of the game over let's say an hour? I'll be playing on ps4 by the way. I currently play blops 3 and GTA with out any problems. Although big updates can be a bollox sometimes.

I know for Battlefield 4 it generally won't exceed 70MB per hour unless you're playing on 64-man 24/7 Locker only servers.

I can only assume it would be the same for BF1 however I'm not sure what it is for Battlefront.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

OK thanks for replies. That's abit of a relief just have to worry about the big updates.

• Advertisement

strange question

Microsofts whole stance change on xbox and windows where if one buys a windows game they also get it for xbox and vice versa...

will that apply to BF1?

I got friends on both I'd like to play with and dont want to buy it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That only applies to games published by MS I think?

pity :(

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    pity :(

You can go halfs on the game if you want via game sharing on Xbox if you have a friend you trust and who's also interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    There was single hp meter for the train in the top right corner of the HUD so I assumed it was using the same setup as the airship.

I think individual guns can be destroyed (again like the airship) But I dont think they can stop the trrain or split it up.

but i'll happily be proven wrong

Maybe that was it, the train is fully controllable (for a train) if that front position was driver then that probably would have accounted for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

maximoose wrote: »
    That only applies to games published by MS I think?

And windows 10!

And windows 10!

Which would be games published by Microsoft... lol

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Which would be games published by Microsoft... lol

Which is the point I am trying to make !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Conveniently enough I already had from the 31st - 2nd booked off this month. Wonder if insiders will get access a day or two earlier. Might take the rest of that week if so. Dying to test this out. Looks savage.

Noxin wrote:
    Conveniently enough I already had from the 31st - 2nd booked off this month. Wonder if insiders will get access a day or two earlier. Might take the rest of that week if so. Dying to test this out. Looks savage.

Insiders 1 day early so the 30th

• Advertisement

Here's hoping the beta is not spectacular. BF3 beta I thought was terrible but BF3 release was completely different and amazing. BF4 beta terrible BF4 release superb. Hardline beta was okay but the release was not great. Frontline beta looked amazing full game meh. If the beta is crap I'll be excited for full release.

BF3 beta I thought was terrible but BF3 release was completely different and amazing. BF4 beta terrible BF4 release superb..

I'd call the BF4 release a lot of things but superb is not one of them.

For me the beta is going to come down to the overall variety available. After seeing some of the footage it looks like it's going to be a decent mix of play styles which is one of the better flavours of Battlefield. But while I am looking forward to it I'll reserve my views until I've played it.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I'd call the BF4 release a lot of things but superb is not one of them.

Matter of opinion then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Here's hoping the beta is not spectacular. BF3 beta I thought was terrible but BF3 release was completely different and amazing. BF4 beta terrible BF4 release superb.

What?? Horrendously laggy, unbalanced, multiple game and server crashes, huge netcode problems with a low tick rate and high damaging weapons caused absolute mayhem. There's no doubting that BF3 and BF4 have certainly turned into good games, but to say that they were "amazing" or "superb" on release is insane. The potential was there alright, but the execution was waaay off. There's a reason why DICE had to implement the CTE. It may be somewhat of an exaggeration, but to say DICE LA saved the franchise isn't such a huge leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

just got my 1080 today so i'm all set for the beta :D

but to say that they were "amazing" or "superb" on release is insane.

Compared to the beta's!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

but to say that they were "amazing" or "superb" on release is insane.

Compared to the beta's!?!

They still played like crap. Looked prettier, but was a nightmare for the first few months. The beta was an early beta build, and it played like it. The game on full release barely played any better. Lagcang Dam was a perfect example. Massive stuttering, lag and huge frame rate drops. Paracel Storm was another. Genuinely unplayable for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Not sure if I like the sound of the Hero/Elite classes. Sounds a bit too like Battlefront to my liking. I will keep an open mind until beta comes along though. Rest of the game shaping up nicely but this could be a turn off if done wrong.
    In the clips I have seen of these classes they actually look underpowered if anything so we will see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Here's hoping the beta is not spectacular. BF3 beta I thought was terrible but BF3 release was completely different and amazing. BF4 beta terrible BF4 release superb.

If your not trying to troll (or an EA shill) your about the only person who thought the release of BF4 was superb.

The release of BF4 was a text book example of how to release a completely broken game at launch and piss of a dedicated player base en mass as well as investors. It will be a long time before someone manages to top the cluster **** that was the BF4 launch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

just received my beta invite, happy as a pig in ....

Advertisement