Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Got the email at 7.20am, started download before work and my RX 480 was just delivered to the office.

It's going to be a god damn good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Download took me all of 4 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Download took me all of 4 minutes :D

Took me 18 on 50mb so I assume your 240mb UPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Spear wrote: »
    There's a direct redeem button on the email, and if you're already logged into the other EA account on your browser, it goes to that one instead.

Exactly, so incredibly annoying, I had the evening set aside to play the damn thing :(

So in the event that anyone has a spare key they won't be using today...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Holy crap the difference in PC graphics on the beta compared to xb1 is crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Holy crap the difference in PC graphics on the beta compared to xb1 is crazy.

Great news, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Sickened, for some reason a guy in work was logged onto my PC with his origin account and the PC key got redeemed to his account - he doesn't even have a PC. AGHHHH!

Is there any chance you could just log on with his credentials if he resets his origin password for you and then changes it back to something else afterwards? At least that would mean you could play this evening.

Seems good so far anyway but just a little chaotic, no ticket bleed for kills is dumb and the lack of gadgets bothers me.

Yes it's beta etc

Aeroplanes are turd too... flying lumps and POINTLESS in the game as kills don't bleed tickets. See point above.

Expect everyone to be assault and scout

Positives are;

Amazing graphics and sound

Great power in kills and being killed... rather brutal

Fall damage is more of a concern so less super hero jumps

Pace is fine, seemed way too fast on videos I had seen before but that was probably because it was PC players and their twitch mechanis

Aim assist on console is way toned down....yippie

Spotting is toned down so mini map is no longer the focus of attention.

Map is extremely well detailed and great destruction

What's the sys requirements like? Is it running similar to BF 4? Or have they released anything official yet?

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    What's the sys requirements like? Is it running similar to BF 4? Or have they released anything official yet?

I'm getting about 80fps with a 750 Ti on low settings. Medium about 45fps.

Getting spawned in on a flag with bullets coming at you is great fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

The multiplayer gameplay videos look amazing. Hopefully it'll have a good singleplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

omnomnom. Only problem is I had an extremely late night and am still half asleep. I think I'll wait an hour or so before actually loading up.

5Te0i1L.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

balls and double balls

Downloaded on to my laptop , keeps trying to launch on the Intel HD instead of Nvidia GPU....I literally just want a walk around . No Desktop at the moment

and I did try changing the Nvidia settings for the exe and the global to be the "high Performance GPU"

No Joystick support...well so it seems. Why XBOX and PS4 controller options pop up in the PC menu are beyond me

Fieldog wrote: »
    Took me 18 on 50mb so I assume your 240mb UPC?

Korean KT Giga (1000 mb) ,

so ...anyone got a spare PC code ? :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

I got my beta code for the Xbox One and redeemed it on the EA website. The download hasn't started yet. Did I just waste the code?

Edit: I was sent a 20 character code. Aren't Xbox codes meant to be 25?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The_N4sir wrote:
    I got my beta code for the Xbox One and redeemed it on the EA website. The download hasn't started yet. Did I just waste the code?

Did you check your ready to install list?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The_N4sir wrote: »

Edit: I was sent a 20 character code. Aren't Xbox codes meant to be 25?

Did you set your platform choice to Xbox before hand on the insider page?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

how big is the download?

EDIT: Never mind i see the pic above 7 gb ya?

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Did you set your platform choice to Xbox before hand on the insider page?

Yep. And I have it linked up to my Gamertag as well. Just did a quick Google search and others having the same issue. Kind of bummed but another day of waiting won't kill me. Hopefully....

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Did you check your ready to install list?

I did but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Anyone pick up one of the elite classes and they dont fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hmm

havnt played yet but I was impressed with the options menu (a lot of stuff to tweak) including some odd new one about muscle memory and aiming?

Also is it just me or does it look like BF1 will merge with BF4?

An icon for BF4 is on the left side of the menu?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    hmm

havnt played yet but I was impressed with the options menu (a lot of stuff to tweak) including some odd new one about muscle memory and aiming?

Also is it just me or does it look like BF1 will merge with BF4?

An icon for BF4 is on the left side of the menu?

They're getting rid of battlelog and making it easily switchable between games AFAIK. Think they've done it on consoles already.

Shlippery wrote: »
    They're getting rid of battlelog and making it easily switchable between games AFAIK. Think they've done it on consoles already.

well in a surprising turn of events...I dont like it

but maybe its because I've gotten very use to battlelog and tweaking the server list to my preferences.

1 game down, very stable for a battlefield beta.

for me at least, only saw one oddity (which I think was someone lagging)

gameplay wise the behemoth is a lot stronger then expected, but its mostly very familer Battlefield with a lot of new toys and guns.

only briefly got to fly and didnt get a horse or tank.

spent most of the match as a medic. Liked the carbine rifle he gets.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    No Joystick support...well so it seems. Why XBOX and PS4 controller options pop up in the PC menu are beyond me

There is joystick support. I'm using one. Only thing that's annoying is not being able to single click sprint have to double click to sprint or hold the left stick down. Just realised you can double tap forward to unlimited sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone with a spare code for PS4?

• Advertisement

Rush is interesting. There is some new mechanic with the defenders using the mcoms to request artillery, but I havnt worked out what it does exactly.

Tanks are stupidly powerful at the moment.

Also the time to kill seems very squishy. I've seen a lot of players soak up damage and I've soaked up a bit at times which is slightly disappointing.

Advertisement