Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Rush is interesting. There is some new mechanic with the defenders using the mcoms to request artillery, but I havnt worked out what it does exactly.

Tanks are stupidly powerful at the moment.

Also the time to kill seems very squishy. I've seen a lot of players soak up damage and I've soaked up a bit at times which is slightly disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Tanks are supposed to be powerful, their tanks. That's where team work comes into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I know its a BF game but for once I wasnt sure about it.......

1 round later preordered.

Holy ****balls thats fun and different but still battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I know its a BF game but for once I wasnt sure about it.......

1 round later preordered.

Holy ****balls thats fun and different but still battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Anyone else having trouble downloading on ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

where do u download it from on xbox 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My first Battlefield moment against a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

soap1978 wrote: »
    where do u download it from on xbox 1

If you registered for it a while back they wpuld have emailed you with a code. You go into the store then and enter the code

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Don't know if its a feature or no but the sensitivity on the secondary weapon (gun on the rear) of the tank seems wrong. Might be a bug with joy pad support its like as if analog acceleration is turned on. That other medic weapon with the scope, can't remember name, seems to have a faster ADS sensitivity than the players sensitivity too. My ADS sensitivity is on 95% of 47.

The attack plane gunners aiming is a nightmare to get used to. Is there a separate sensitivity for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

looks and sounds great after a few conquest games. Even more looking forward to the finished product

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

right finally home time to get stuck in

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Hey just wondering could someone explain the beta to me at the moment, tried looking for an answer on google to no avail.

The beta is open as of now on PC, XB1 and Ps4 only for insiders? (i.e signed up before August 21th), with everyone else allowed download it and play tomorrow without a code? Is this correct?

I'm on PS4 and signed up for insider, although after the 21th and didn't get a code, but I'm so hyped to play right now, if anyone has a spare code that would be great!

new weapons etc are bought in game from the customize menu

took me a few games to realize this and started getting more of the goodies

one of my first charge kills:

edit: fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Got the beta key on the PC but having terrible trouble launching the game, getting the error to update my drivers to 16.20.1025 saying I have 15.301.1901 installed which I dont.

Now I do have an old HD6990 GPU which afaik is lower then the minimum spec but surely the ****in hting should launch. I have done about 5 clean installs with driver fusion and driver sweeper getting rid of all old registry.

Any ideas guys?

Spec as follows

2nd Gen core i5 @ 4.8ghz
    8GB Fast Ram
    Asus HD6990

BTW, would love a code for the PS4 if any spare ( I actually asked for it on PS4 not PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Got the beta key on the PC but having terrible trouble launching the game, getting the error to update my drivers to 16.20.1025 saying I have 15.301.1901 installed which I dont.

Now I do have an old HD6990 GPU which afaik is lower then the minimum spec but surely the ****in hting should launch. I have done about 5 clean installs with driver fusion and driver sweeper getting rid of all old registry.

Any ideas guys?

Spec as follows

2nd Gen core i5 @ 4.8ghz
    8GB Fast Ram
    Asus HD6990

Sounds a bit like this http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-1-Beta-Technical/Amd-driver-issue-fixed/m-p/5526058#U5526058

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Have to say loving the horses, serpentine tactic is unbeatable.

While snipers seem to rule the game while the weather is clear they really lose their advantage when the sandstorm and fogs sets in.

XtraFalcon wrote: »

While snipers seem to rule the game while the weather is clear they really lose their advantage when the sandstorm and fogs sets in.

I'm not normally a great sniper but in this they are pretty powerful, was able to clock up some kill streaks.

I think its more the lack of medics then anything, they're meant to fill an ice mid range with their carbines but hardly anyone is running them so assault is easy pickings and lmgs at the moment can engage but can at best suppress or hurt a sniper.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Hey just wondering could someone explain the beta to me at the moment, tried looking for an answer on google to no avail.

The beta is open as of now on PC, XB1 and Ps4 only for insiders? (i.e signed up before August 21th), with everyone else allowed download it and play tomorrow without a code? Is this correct?

I'm on PS4 and signed up for insider, although after the 21th and didn't get a code, but I'm so hyped to play right now, if anyone has a spare code that would be great!

Early access codes for insiders went out today. Everyone gets access tomorrow.

Yeah tried that with a google search before posting, cant see the file for that number there and checked all the others still no joy.

Thanx for the post all the same m8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I love the fact a lot of the European servers are in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

I'm loving the gameplay so far but, Is it only me or are the graphics a bit blurry? Playing on Xbox

I'm loving the gameplay so far but, Is it only me or are the graphics a bit blurry? Playing on Xbox

I think it's meant to be like the heat waves rising up like you see in the distance on a hot day.

It wasn't there in the Alpha on XB1.

Also turn Motion Blur down to 0% in Settings>Visual.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DeiseMan4

Anyone with a spare PS4 code -> some chance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

What to say so far. hmm...

It'll take some getting used to. The weapons are very different to what I'm used to. Handling feels all over the place.

Tanks are super op but if people work together, they come down quite quick. I just had a round of 25-1 in a heavy and the enemy team realised how to take me down quick enough. I got bombarded and dropped in seconds.

Graphically it is an absolute beaut. Although I think I need to tweak my settings a bit. What frames are people getting and on what hardware if you don't mind my asking?

I'm running a 6700k and a gtx1080. On ultra @ 1080 I'm pulling around 70-80 frames dropping to 40 at times when the **** gets real. Resolution scale is at 60% I think. I ask cause some folks going on about pulling 120+ on a gtx 970 and I'm like... wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I love the fact a lot of the European servers are in Ireland :)

6ms ping oh yeah....

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Any ideas guys?

Spec as follows

2nd Gen core i5 @ 4.8ghz
    8GB Fast Ram
    Asus HD6990

Alright wonda did you get sorted? I had same issue. Go to reg edit and search for your gpu driver and change the value of the one in "video" 0000 or something like that. It's on google anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Whats it like on the start menu on other platforms?God forbid you press start in game it takes about a minute to navigate where you wanna go another before your spawned back into the game. XB1 version

Noxin wrote: »

I'm running a 6700k and a gtx1080. On ultra @ 1080 I'm pulling around 70-80 frames dropping to 40 at times when the **** gets real. Resolution scale is at 60% I think. I ask cause some folks going on about pulling 120+ on a gtx 970 and I'm like... wut?

There was an Nvidia Geforce Experience update for BF1 earlier today that supposedly made an improvement to performance. Did you install that?

Also, take a look at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/50b4m1/psa_42_resolution_scale_is_your_native_res/

• Advertisement

Advertisement