Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Cobaas

Whats everyones impressions so far? Is it enough to get you to buy it?

I personally quite like it, wasnt the biggest fan of 4 but hey ho!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm loving the gameplay so far but, Is it only me or are the graphics a bit blurry? Playing on Xbox
    Yes, I've played both the PC version and the Xbox version and the view distance is really poor on Xbox. You see for a short distance and then its very muddy/blurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Initial impression in a single word - dull.
    Nothing about the game catches my attention the way BF4 or Hardline did (or lots of other fps game).
    Infantry play is pretty dreadful and the beta map is dominated by sniping and vehicles.

I'll try and give it a proper go over the time the beta is open, but honestly I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Nothing about the game catches my attention the way BF4 or Hardline did (or lots of other fps game).
    Infantry play is pretty dreadful and the beta map is dominated by sniping and vehicles.

I'll try and give it a proper go over the time the beta is open, but honestly I'm not sure.

Have you tried Rush?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is there a mode in the full game with everyone on horses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Nothing about the game catches my attention the way BF4 or Hardline did (or lots
    of other fps game).

That was my first thoughts after playing a few games many more games later I'm starting to enjoy it. It's much slower pace than bf4 get used to the pace of it and you'll start enjoying it.

I thought the bomber planes where crap until I got an 8x multi kill on opposite teams Alpha, I mean, Apples flag at start.
    Yes, I've played both the PC version and the Xbox version and the view distance is really poor on Xbox. You see for a short distance and then its very muddy/blurry.

Xbox is terrible compared to the PC. Its as bad as a 360 game Vs. xb1 version. I actually thought it was the map there was so much blur looks like heat waves all over the place!

I am enjoying Rush but then again I have always preferred Rush in Battlefield games.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Anyone pick up one of the elite classes and they dont fire?

Same here dude, bet your on ps4. If so it is the ****TY controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,198 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im loving this so far tbh

Its a breath of fresh air for me, playing a ww1 game

Played it for a while and while it is good, just kinda boring. Feel conquest scoring system is so crap that I am just not bothered when I know kills means feck all.

It is good but back to Rainbox Six when dying actually does matter and there is some focus to the game play.

BF1 will need to grow on me... It is son unbalanced

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Im loving this so far tbh

Its a breath of fresh air for me, playing a ww1 game

WW1 game with 75 percent of guns automatic. Really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Anyone else notice the weather changing from game to game. Could be overcast then a few hours later sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

One of the big issues I have atm is not being able to test out the different weapons effectively.

The map is very sniper / medic orientated. Anything with longer ranges. Chances are, if you run forward with an smg, you'll be dropped before getting close to have any effect. Would love a closer quarter map to test out everything.
    Anyone else notice the weather changing from game to game. Could be overcast then a few hours later sunny.

Dynamic weather. Will never be the same twice in a row. Is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have to say I'm finding it pretty boring on the conquest map. The gameplay isn't bad and when you're in the midst of the action it's good, but there's far too much trudging around.

Tanks are powerful but I'm surprised there isn't an engineer-equivalent class in the game with an anti-tank rifle, they had those in WW1...not that the game is overly bothered about accurary!

Also annoyed there isn't a bolt action rifle non-scoped, but hopefully that will be an option in the full game. The carbine type rifle is OK but not the same.

A bit strange that the team skins and flags don't match at all - german infantry skins but the turkish flag, British soldiers with some american skins and loadouts? Again maybe that's just for the beta and will be more correct in the full game.

It's a wierd feeling game, it's technically WW1 but it's taken quite a few liberties and whatnot that the end result just feels a bit odd and totally uneven.

First impressions for me are that it's good but it might be in danger of turning into another Hardline, and end up selling OK and being a decent game but coming nowhere near to the success of BF4.

Graphics wise it is excellent, runs at 1440p ultra for me butter smooth at around 70fps average most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Noxin wrote:
    I'm running a 6700k and a gtx1080. On ultra @ 1080 I'm pulling around 70-80 frames dropping to 40 at times when the **** gets real. Resolution scale is at 60% I think. I ask cause some folks going on about pulling 120+ on a gtx 970 and I'm like... wut?

I'm getting about 160 dropping to 130ish at times on ultra with a 1080 and 6700k 24gb ram

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Tanks are powerful but I'm surprised there isn't an engineer-equivalent class in the game with an anti-tank rifle, they had those in WW1...not that the game is overly bothered about accurary!

Assault can get an anti tank rifle as a gadget, but you need to be a fairly high rank to unlock it.

Assault = engineer of BF4 minus repair ability (smg + anti tank weapons)

They should have stuck with the Alpha map. I was really looking forward to playing that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They should have stuck with the Alpha map. I was really looking forward to playing that one.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

havent even gotten a code yet. dont know anyone except you that has....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is it an open beta? or closed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

first impressions its a good game its a nice change from wall running etc.

i hope its only a issue with the map but way to many snipers
    ive been in a few games where we controlled all the points because most of the other team are snipers.

the destruction returns (almost anyway) I love running outside a building with a guy inside and lobbing a stick of dynamite in he window BOOM!

the horses are great fun shooting while on the horse feels good nearly always a one shot kill

the tanks are to strong i find its almost impossible to take one down by yourself

i played as the flamethrower guy oh its very nice to roast people but you have to get real close otherwise your dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm really enjoying myself. Some thoughts

I thought tanks were really strong initially but once you are use to things and know where to grab better anti tank weapons they fit rather nicely as a sort of new limited class. They feel a lot meatier then prior Battlefield tanks but they are pretty much a commitment for quite a few of the enemy team to make them really powerful.

Snipers though are a bit broken right now I think. Its kind of funny that levelcap etc were worried that players running around capping points and not fighting would ruin the game but at the moment most of the teams I've fought or been on consisted of a majority of snipers. Sniping is really strong, its pretty much the only one shot guarantee in the game as infantry and even at close range pistols are solid enough to win in point blank range gunfight. The funny thing is it falls back on a classic battlefield tradition.

Too many snipers = defeat for that team.

Assault class is really important for dealing with tanks but is by far the worse for dealing with infantry, even at close range most other classes can outmatch you unless you got the drop on them. I'm hoping its just the gun, but its a long slog to unlock a new one

Medic and support seem fine if a bit underused. Gas grenades feel a bit worthless with everyone carrying gasmasks, but are fun none the less

The anti tank cannons placed around the map...They are fun to use, but the metal plate in front of the shooter seems pointless, get one shotted all the time out of them by small arms fire.

Behemoth pretty much doesnt show up on really close games. It might appear practically seconds before victory/defeat

I really suck with aircraft I was hoping being props it would be a little looser in controlling them (like War Thunder) but nope still stiff and a pain to fly.

pity.

A lot of attackers don't use smoke grenades.

Sage advice, don't spawn in a 1 man tank when you can choose a 5 man tank in Rush.

If there is an enemy tank prioritize destroying it. Its actually not that difficult to bring a tank down if your team all go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Open from today(31/8/2016) was 24 hour access to anyone who signed up to their website.

Its good.

Also Battlefield forum >>> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=323

is it an open beta? or closed?

your dying to see that 1080 roar. lol.

im on pc and anyone i know on steam or origins have no code as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Open from today(31/8/2016) was 24 hour access to anyone who signed up to their website.

Its good.

Also Battlefield forum >>> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=323

Indeed, Please use the Battlefield forum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

cursai wrote: »
    im on pc and anyone i know on steam or origins have no code as of yet.

I just checked my spam folder it's in there from earlier today I'm in pc also.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I just checked my spam folder it's in there from earlier today I'm in pc also.

lucky fecker. thats some nice spam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I'm getting about 160 dropping to 130ish at times on ultra with a 1080 and 6700k 24gb ram

I've 16gb ram but that wouldn't cause that difference. wtf could be causing my low fps.

What resolution scale do you have set?
    A lot of attackers don't use smoke grenades.

Sage advice, don't spawn in a 1 man tank when you can choose a 5 man tank in Rush.

If there is an enemy tank prioritize destroying it. Its actually not that difficult to bring a tank down if your team all go for it.

My last round I took the one man tank cause I was literally destroying everything in the heavy and would rarely die.
    Still didn't die. Even took out two heavys in close quarters (not at the same time)
    Easy to take out tanks if you know their weaknesses.

Advertisement