Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

supposably its fine once you get pass the ea authentication servers...its just getting pass them thats ****ing irritating

edit:

Really makes me sad that BF1 is not using battlelog

when you have an ea authority issue in battlelog the game doesnt even boot. It just tells you on the browser it cant connect. Sick of booting battlefield 1 trying a few times and then quitting.

At least with battlelog I can pick a server with people on it, try and fail without booting anything and keep an eye on things while I do other stuff. If I suddenly see all the servers filling up that would be a good sign that the issue is resolved and I'll try again.

Now all I got to go on is the random posts of *I got in* ever now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So im guessing still down:(

Im off work at 5.30 am and was hoping for a few games when i get home. Was looking forward to it. Id imagine EA/Dice will extend or rerun the beta though to make up for it hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

EoinHef wrote: »
    So im guessing still down:(

Im off work at 5.30 am and was hoping for a few games when i get home. Was looking forward to it. Id imagine EA/Dice will extend or rerun the beta though to make up for it hopefully.
    Just finished some games for the night now. Should be golden by the time you are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just finished some games for the night now. Should be golden by the time you are on.

Aw sweet!!

Few of the lads i work with have it downloaded already so eager to get a few games in when we have a squad

got in myself now and had a few more games.

The later guns are a lot better then the starting ones.

The Medic gets a particular carbine that is very good and one of the later LMGs is a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The light tank is an animal, around the D flag is an absolute murder point - got around a 20 kill streak just circling around it firing the grape-shot.

Also, I've discovered that the 'k' ammo that the scout has is extremely effective against most armored vehicles - it's more or less actually a separate anti-tank rifle.

Not great against heavy tank but excels against armored cars and light tanks, a few players with k ammo would make short work of almost any vehicle.

Scout with non-scoped bolt action rifle and anti-armour K shells is now my favourite class - it's closest to the engineer class in previous games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. When I say Joystick...I mean a stick..not a controller.

It seems to be an issue with most/all joysticks

Try that JoyToKey I use it for games that don't have joypad support works great. All you do is program each button on the joystick to emulate your keyboard. Do you want to use that to control everything mouse and WASD?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Hope to get on tonight. Do we have a Boards group set up for this yet? Can you lot add me, I'll bring cookies...

Tag:DeadlyByDesign1
    Console:PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Conquest servers seem to be fcuked on xb1 atm. People in queue and empty servers not being populated. Rush servers are not affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Loving it so far but the button placing on the R3 is doing my head in, I am big sausage fingered goon and I keep pressing down on R3 when I am shooting especially up close more reflex then anything else, so I either do a stupid melee animation or if I change it in options lie down (which looks like I died)

Other then that and invincible horses it good fun.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Loving it so far but the button placing on the R3 is doing my head in, I am big sausage fingered goon and I keep pressing down on R3 when I am shooting especially up close more reflex then anything else, so I either do a stupid melee animation or if I change it in options lie down (which looks like I died)

Other then that and invincible horses it good fun.

Panic knife...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'm liking it so far but:

Its not as immersive as BF4 (or any of the BFs so far). maybe thats the map.

Zero health horsemen running around killing

is it my imagination or is there less situational awareness in the PC version? the number of times I have been killed by a plane / bomb / horse / tank from behind that I would have been aware of by sound in the other games is nuts. Snipers I understand but how do you not hear a horse behind you in a desert?

Horse health! wtf? two headshots on a charging horse and its only down to 60. Do they use heavy artillery to put down horses at Punchestown?

feel. I know, its subjective but the weapons dont feel right. I am constantly suprised to need a reload.

rubber banding orbital backpacks on enemies

strange ragdoll models folding/falling in weird ways cause me to stop and look and get shot by a sniper.

Environment: I'd like the environment to have an effect on the gameplay. hot desert = get tired quicker have to run shorter distances / take longer to steady after exertion, heavier loadouts have greater impact etc.

Mortars! just to deal with the hill ****. have the mortar explode every now and then and require the operator to stand beside it to load the shell.

Hints stay visible (press Q to throw ammo perma visible even after changing to a scout)

LoLth wrote: »
    I'm liking it so far but:

Its not as immersive as BF4 (or any of the BFs so far). maybe thats the map.

Zero health horsemen running around killing

is it my imagination or is there less situational awareness in the PC version? the number of times I have been killed by a plane / bomb / horse / tank from behind that I would have been aware of by sound in the other games is nuts. Snipers I understand but how do you not hear a horse behind you in a desert?

Horse health! wtf? two headshots on a charging horse and its only down to 60. Do they use heavy artillery to put down horses at Punchestown?

feel. I know, its subjective but the weapons dont feel right. I am constantly suprised to need a reload.

rubber banding orbital backpacks on enemies

strange ragdoll models folding/falling in weird ways cause me to stop and look and get shot by a sniper.

Environment: I'd like the environment to have an effect on the gameplay. hot desert = get tired quicker have to run shorter distances / take longer to steady after exertion, heavier loadouts have greater impact etc.

Mortars! just to deal with the hill ****. have the mortar explode every now and then and require the operator to stand beside it to load the shell.

Hints stay visible (press Q to throw ammo perma visible even after changing to a scout)

Yeah the horses health is a bit ridiculous but if they were easy to kill it would make them a big easy target and obsolete. Don't think people would use them.

I'd like to see better environment variables like that. Temporary hearing impairment in tanks after a long period of firing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Totally agree with positional sound, often a vehicle is on top of me before I've even heard it.

I also thought the horses were absurd, it's just bizarre to be pumping bullets into a horse only to have it gallivant over to you and cut you down. But then again, if they couldn't take any damage, they'd be zero fun to use and you'd never get anywhere.

I've noticed the strange ragdoll and equippment glitches as well but they used to happen in BF4 a fair bit as well, so I'm sure that'll be ironed out. Few times I didn't realise what I was shooting at was actually a dead body just standing upright.

The placement of the different positions in the beta map is so uneven - E is way too far away and ends up a ghost town the entire day, only changing sides when someone makes the effort to go it alone on a horse or in a jeep.

Totally agree with positional sound, often a vehicle is on top of me before I've even heard it.

I also thought the horses were absurd, it's just bizarre to be pumping bullets into a horse only to have it gallivant over to you and cut you down. But then again, if they couldn't take any damage, they'd be zero fun to use and you'd never get anywhere.

I've noticed the strange ragdoll and equippment glitches as well but they used to happen in BF4 a fair bit as well, so I'm sure that'll be ironed out. Few times I didn't realise what I was shooting at was actually a dead body just standing upright.

The placement of the different positions in the beta map is so uneven - E is way too far away and ends up a ghost town the entire day, only changing sides when someone makes the effort to go it alone on a horse or in a jeep.

There's an E flag?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

There's an E flag?

Its in the desert south of D and east of F and G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

LoLth wrote: »

)

ROFL :D:D:D thanks . i spit out a mouthful of taytos when i read this wiping them off monitor as i type :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont mind the horses, shoot the side or behind and shoot the dude not the horse.

Great fun being on them tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

There's an E flag?

yeah, its where the cool(ing) kids hang and smoke

I find that showing the enemy what happens when they encounter the flame thrower works as a deterrent but you need a lot of rope to get into the swing of it....

• Advertisement

This is the end of match bug I posted about yesterday does it happen on PS or PC:

Sometimes it will let you spawn in other times it freezes and does the countdown after a min. Sometimes it freezes for a sec does the countdown for a few secs and lets you spawn in. Pain in the arse cause you miss out on all the vehicles.

Jesus mid game end of round counter happening in all...

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Hope to get on tonight. Do we have a Boards group set up for this yet? Can you lot add me, I'll bring cookies...

Tag:DeadlyByDesign1
    Console:PS4

I have a community made up for it on PS4, you can find it on my profile (PSN ID: BordorFox) or find it in search with (Battlefield 1 IRL Community)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

SharpCoder wrote: »
    I have a community made up for it on PS4, you can find it on my profile (PSN ID: BordorFox) or find it in search with (Battlefield 1 IRL Community)

Thanks man, I will have a look for it tonight. These games are always best played in groups

Thanks man, I will have a look for it tonight. These games are always best played in groups

no problem, always good to see some new folks on the battlefield!

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

That's just destruction, not levelution, levelution is a timed event, like the sand storm, ramming a plane into a rock bridge ain't that.

That's just destruction, not levelution, levelution is a timed event, like the sand storm, ramming a plane into a rock bridge ain't that.

I'd consider it levelution, not on par with the shanghai building but having the same mechanic and effect. Destroy structural elements and change an area of the map.

In this case it locks off the sniper mountain between F and G making them no longer accessible so it has the same sort of effect as the shanghai tower, removing a key sniper point from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Best battlefield since bad company 2 and BF2 imo. I didn't like BF4 at all. The map design was awful.

Back to solid properly large well designed maps by the look of it without all the dreadful over the top verticality that BF4 had.

Tanks are a tad op though without choppers or rpg's, especially with repairs possible inside the tank. Maybe more of the unlocks later will help deal with them.

Also a big plus is we have have an in game menu and server browser again. I hated the way BF3 and 4 handled it through the web browser.

However Rush is still awful. They haven't got that right since BC2.

A little tip, if the enemy team gets the train, go Assault and put AT mines on the track. Doesn't take many to wreck it and the front gunners aren't wise enough to look out for them yet. I've got 6 kills and 1000 bonus points for killing it a few times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ah I suppose it's debatable no? Like bringing down the shanghai tower in BF4 was destruction based and not timed and that changed the flow of the level.

With the bridge, it blocks a path which will cause a change up in tactics..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Is it still down for people on PC?

Advertisement