Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Is it still down for people on PC?

Nope, it's working away fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its not down for me but it seems to have picked up some bug that causes it to minimize on launch and I cant maximise it anymore :(

trying to reinstall

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

anyone getting matchmaking failed on PS4 when trying to get a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Have they fixed the career site exploit? trying to buy a few new weapons and no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Tried a good few games of rush, not bad, but not great either.

Nearly every game consisted of at least twelve hill camping snipers and everyone else in vehicles. I think every round I played bar one ended because the ten minute timer ran out.

Also, why did don't enemies appear on the minimap when firing anymore ? Between that, the spotting nerf and the sound problems (maybe a bug, but at the minute enemy units seem to make no or very little noise when moving around), the whole experience is pretty frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I'd consider it levelution, not on par with the shanghai building but having the same mechanic and effect. Destroy structural elements and change an area of the map.

In this case it locks off the sniper mountain between F and G making them no longer accessible so it has the same sort of effect as the shanghai tower, removing a key sniper point from the game.

i suppose it would be some sort of it, and it's a nice edition that it cuts off that sniper haven alright, lets just hope the servers are better tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Here's a list of console commands.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

anyone getting matchmaking failed on PS4 when trying to get a game?

yeah i'm getting that now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Coming across some serious hitreg issues today.

Bullets just bounce off planes from other planes or not hitting at all. wtf is with the plane hit box?
    Horse melee was doing nothing at all. Zero damage done.
    Kbullets not doing damage to tanks.

Also still annoying the pi$$ out of me that its just sniperfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭swampgas

Noxin wrote: »

Bullets just bounce off planes from other planes or not hitting at all. wtf is with the plane hit box?
    Horse melee was doing nothing at all. Zero damage done.
    Kbullets not doing damage to tanks.

Also still annoying the pi$$ out of me that its just sniperfield.

I wonder if they're updating the code on the fly based on the data the beta is throwing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    its not down for me but it seems to have picked up some bug that causes it to minimize on launch and I cant maximise it anymore :(

trying to reinstall

It does that when it cant connect to the online servers, It usally maximizes again after a few mins with the offline error. The servers are still hit and miss after the server attack

Are you using the m1907 Auto Medic weapon. That thing has nasty hit detection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Can't get into a game. My cousin is trying for the past 40 minutes.

Matchmaking timed out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just started there and after getting the same matchmaking issue as everyone went to look at the servers, all Irish in europe bar 4 dutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Haven't had any problems on pc tonight working well. I think the desert map was always going to be snipers paradise it should be alot more varied with more maps.

Question I absolutely love the Russian 1865 rifleman gun you get with the horse so I thought I'd be able unlock it but I'm on level 6 now and it should unlock at 3? Can we not unlock stuff on the beta version until it's the full game?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Haven't had any problems on pc tonight working well. I think the desert map was always going to be snipers paradise it should be alot more varied with more maps.

Question I absolutely love the Russian 1865 rifleman gun you get with the horse so I thought I'd be able unlock it but I'm on level 6 now and it should unlock at 3? Can we not unlock stuff on the beta version until it's the full game?

Its a bug and there is a glitch to unlock them posted already in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

SharpCoder wrote: »
    i suppose it would be some sort of it, and it's a nice edition that it cuts off that sniper haven alright, lets just hope the servers are better tonight.

there is some trick to doing it thats not clear from that video. I have pounded that bridge with tank shells, tnt, anti tank airplane shells and from the cannon at D, nothing brings that ****er down. So like the tower in shanghai there must be specific spots you need to destroy.

Its a bug and there is a glitch to unlock them posted already in this thread.

Oh right sorry I missed that bit then.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Oh right sorry I missed that bit then.
    Also guys for anyone wanting to unlock everything during beta, you might want to watch this for now:

TL;DR - Dont stay on the same server.

Here back a ways.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

So I've only gotten around to playing this tonight.
    I'm pleasantly surprised, it's a lot of fun!

• Advertisement

Don't think I have been revived one single time playing this beta.

Are you using the m1907 Auto Medic weapon. That thing has nasty hit detection.

It was mostly medic yea but can't remember which one. Could have been it. Not sure.

It's difficult to see if people can be revived or not. I often find myself running around trying to revive and not being able to. Then trying on something I'm sure will not work - and it does :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

That alerting nearest medic thing is cool and the way it tells you how far away they are.

12m, 10m, 8m, wow I'm actually going to be revived, 4m, 2m, 4m, 6m, 8m, c*nt

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

So I've had a few memory leaks. Seems to be an issue that others are seeing.
    Anyone here?

5uspect wrote: »
    Anyone here?

Not personally but a friend has had a few crashes due to memory alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Running like a dream for me at the moment.

Any PC squads going? I'm shlippery on origin :P

It was mostly medic yea but can't remember which one. Could have been it. Not sure.

It's difficult to see if people can be revived or not. I often find myself running around trying to revive and not being able to. Then trying on something I'm sure will not work - and it does :confused:

Don't think people realise that you have to request to be revived as well. When you die it will say how far a medic is away from you when you request to be revived. I was on top of a building with 3 other medics and not one would revive. Too busy gangster pointing there side arms retardedness!
    That alerting nearest medic thing is cool and the way it tells you how far away they are.

12m, 10m, 8m, wow I'm actually going to be revived, 4m, 2m, 4m, 6m, 8m, c*nt

I know, right fkers..... Think I'll start getting into the spirit of it and just t-bag next person that requests it.

5uspect wrote: »
    Anyone here?

Haven't noticed any myself no real performance issues for me. CPU temperature is running high though hit 82-84°C (60° when I last checked) Max cpu was 73%

Shlippery wrote: »
    Running like a dream for me at the moment.

Any PC squads going? I'm shlippery on origin :P

Anyone set up a boards group on origin?? Sent you request WoodyHeld0215.

• Advertisement

Add me also guys it's jayo28wexford ;)

Advertisement