Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Servers down again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

jayo26 wrote: »
    Add me also guys it's jayo28wexford ;)

New thread there will add names to it if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

New thread there will add names to it if you want.

Ok cool

Anyone using a ps or xb1 controller playing on PC. Can't seem to find a good sensitivity. Some weapons seem to have a higher setting than others and the ADS sensitivity doesn't work on some.

Any using a ps or xb1 controller playing on PC. Can't seem to find a good sensitivity. Some weapons seem to have a higher setting than others and the ADS sensitivity doesn't work on some.

I'm using the xbox one elite controller it seems perfect on stock settings for me. Only thing that bugs me is I can't seem to go threw the pause menu and Ingame menu with the controller I have to keep using the mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone on PC notice when you go prone and look directly at the ground artifacts start to appear.

I'm using the xbox one elite controller it seems perfect on stock settings for me. Only thing that bugs me is I can't seem to go threw the pause menu and Ingame menu with the controller I have to keep using the mouse.

Do the buttons work.

Click Start, click Run, type joy.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK. Go to Properties and test tab should say if they are working. Could be the drivers if they are not recognised. Otherwise it may be the way BF1 has them mapped out. I use normal xb1 controller and it works so might be mapped differently than elite.

Do the buttons on the back work if so? Buttons 7 and 8 are back/menu on normal.

Are you able to navigate any menu with the left stick?

Anyone on PC notice when you go prone and look directly at the ground artifacts start to appear.

What like broken pots, bones and sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What like broken pots, bones and sh1t
    lol, no, graphical artifacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I normally not a fan of servers forcing their own random rules.

But this game needs a sniper limit ****ing quickly.

Not because they're killing me a lot. I've learnt and can deal with that. It's when your own team (especially on Rush) is full of them and you are attacking.

Which means most of your team is bloody useless

• Advertisement

Do the buttons work.

Click Start, click Run, type joy.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK. Go to Properties and test tab should say if they are working. Could be the drivers if they are not recognised. Otherwise it may be the way BF1 has them mapped out. I use normal xb1 controller and it works so might be mapped differently than elite.

Do the buttons on the back work if so? Buttons 7 and 8 are back/menu on normal.

Are you able to navigate any menu with the left stick?

The only buttons that seem to work are the trigger buttons and I think the right stick in the pause menu brings up the add friends to party list or something like that. I just assumed it wasn't controller ready yet but I'll look into it more tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I normally not a fan of servers forcing their own random rules.

But this game needs a sniper limit ****ing quickly.

Not because they're killing me a lot. I've learnt and can deal with that. It's when your own team (especially on Rush) is full of them and you are attacking.

Which means most of your team is bloody useless

Its a beta im not worried about that atm. It has been an obvious thing in the last 3 BF games that it hasnt been touched so I assume EA look at the stats and assume its players playing........

This game in Hardcore will be awesome.

lol, no, graphical artifacts.

Yeh I've noticed it too it's like only when prone and you look to the ground it looks like shiny diamonds or something to that effect.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its a beta im not worried about that atm. It has been an obvious thing in the last 3 BF games that it hasnt been touched so I assume EA look at the stats and assume its players playing........

Having the ability to no scope up close is crazy. Won't be long before we start seeing 360 ****.

The only buttons that seem to work are the trigger buttons and I think the right stick in the pause menu brings up the add friends to party list or something like that. I just assumed it wasn't controller ready yet but I'll look into it more tomorrow evening.

I'm using the normal xb1 controller and everything works grand. Get the latest PC drivers and it probably will work ok. The firmware update from the xbox should install the latest drivers onto the controllers memory that the pc should read when reinstalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Servers working again for now on PS4.

Are a lot of players worried about their K/D ratio or something in this beta? Whats the deal with players just wandering around the map not bothered with objectives and actually trying to win the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Don't think I have been revived one single time playing this beta.

Here's the important question, how many people have you revived??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Having the ability to no scope up close is crazy. Won't be long before we start seeing 360 ****.

By no scope you mean fire from the hip with a sniper rifle?

Nowt wrong with that if sniping and it you come up against someone, think in COD with the lack of space and objectives other than run shoot kill it became a thing.

In Bf3/4 sticking a Holo on a sniper rifle and attacking aggressively is a useful thing especially if you throw out spawn beacons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

dreamers75 wrote: »

Westie had been tweeting some the of issues that are already fixed in the final version, the beta version is apparently fairly old now. It's worth a look. And yeah, Hardcore should be very good. I have a feeling the finished version will have a seriously nerfed sniper setup and Hardcore sniping should, rightly, be tough as fùck..

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

Why are the British all Africans?

• Advertisement

Why are the British all Africans?

because its the middle east front, so most of the soldiers would be from the commonwealth (or I guess *the empire* as it would be at the time) most of the actual english did their dying in france.

The game has been boasting that the armies adjust based on where each battle takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    because its the middle east front, so most of the soldiers would be from the commonwealth (or I guess *the empire* as it would be at the time) most of the actual english did their dying in france

Most of the soldiers in the Middle East were African?

Why do they have English accents?

Most of the soldiers in the Middle East were African?

Why do they have English accents?

Last I checked Egypt was part of north Africa and this campaign is part of the palestinian campaign so yes most of the soldiers would have been Egyptian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinai_and_Palestine_Campaign along with indian, south african, new zealand and australian forces over the years.

hence the accents

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

All the 3rd person sights are off for the vehicles, the very bottom of the cross hair is centre.

Only see in on the 1 man tank so far will have to look at the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Were people having issues again last night? I couldnt get into any conquest server

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Were people having issues again last night? I couldnt get into any conquest server

Yup was going great then about midnight ish it started acting up, they're keeping v quiet about it, hopefully they'll treat us to a new map or some other surprise to make up for the outages, I really want to get the beta dog tag..4 days play and level 15!

Really getting to like it...its' frustrating I'll probably end up paying full-whack €129,99?? for the premium on top of the base game, but **** it, I'll get a good hourly return on it I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Shlippery wrote: »
    Yup was going great then about midnight ish it started acting up, they're keeping v quiet about it, hopefully they'll treat us to a new map or some other surprise to make up for the outages, I really want to get the beta dog tag..4 days play and level 15!

Really getting to like it...its' frustrating I'll probably end up paying full-whack €129,99?? for the premium on top of the base game, but **** it, I'll get a good hourly return on it I suppose.

I feel ya man. Honestly I have played an hour of it an I have made up my mind that I will get it. Overwatch season 2 starts today so that is going to distract me. I will let them work the kinks out and hopefully come launch it will be in a better position.

I'm using the normal xb1 controller and everything works grand. Get the latest PC drivers and it probably will work ok. The firmware update from the xbox should install the latest drivers onto the controllers memory that the pc should read when reinstalled.

I checked firmware and drivers all up to date.

it's a funny one because I checked it this morning and the problem is that the controller won't highlight menu sections automatically so for instance when I'm in the menu if I highlight/hover over the top of the menu with the mouse I can use the dpad to go left and right but I can't press down to cycle threw the game modes or servers in the sub menu then if I highlight the lower part of menu with mouse I can cycle them with the controller.

Ingame everything works perfect no problem until I pause it then I can't cycle threw any menu unless I highlight it with the mouse first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Played a few games of rush there. Defenders just don't win.

If you kill the attackers tanks by the time they get to pushing out of the canyon/sniper rock area they are wrecked, they don't get any tank at that point and the defenders get 2 tanks. Maybe they only get 1 and stole ours from the earlier point. I don't know but it seems badly balanced.

There is 0 chance of pushing out of that canyon if 1 tank is defending each side from a safe position.

Considering the strength of tanks I'm starting to think it would be good if enemy teams can't steal your tanks. Too many people abandon them when low instead of going down with the ship. Enemy team kills them and takes the tank which won't re-spawn until it's dead so you can end up in a situation where the enemy team has 6+ tanks while yours aren't spawning.

I think new people don't pick medic because the starting gun is awful. Unlock the M1916 marksman rifle and you are laughing. Best gun I've used so far. Scoped 21 round clip, rapid semi auto fire, very little drop. The thing is a beast. You can easily take out snipers with the thing.

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    Here's the important question, how many people have you revived??

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Have to be alive to revive team mates right.
    Varik wrote: »
    All the 3rd person sights are off for the vehicles, the very bottom of the cross hair is centre.

Only see in on the 1 man tank so far will have to look at the rest.

Only noticed it on the mini tank. So many tank deaths racked up before I noticed it. 3rd person crosshair should be a lot lower on that.
    I checked firmware and drivers all up to date.

it's a funny one because I checked it this morning and the problem is that the controller won't highlight menu sections automatically so for instance when I'm in the menu if I highlight/hover over the top of the menu with the mouse I can use the dpad to go left and right but I can't press down to cycle threw the game modes or servers in the sub menu then if I highlight the lower part of menu with mouse I can cycle them with the controller.

Ingame everything works perfect no problem until I pause it then I can't cycle threw any menu unless I highlight it with the mouse first.

Are you using it wired to the PC. Try reinstalling the drives. I have to plug the xb1 controller in first and then launch the game otherwise it isn't recognised. Controller won't turn on or goes on and off. Using it wired you don't need the battery in also.

Advertisement