Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Shlippery wrote: »
    Yup was going great then about midnight ish it started acting up, they're keeping v quiet about it, hopefully they'll treat us to a new map or some other surprise to make up for the outages, I really want to get the beta dog tag..4 days play and level 15!

Really getting to like it...its' frustrating I'll probably end up paying full-whack €129,99?? for the premium on top of the base game, but **** it, I'll get a good hourly return on it I suppose.
    Premium maps don't even arrive until March 2017.

Save your money. You'll probably get it cheaper later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Will they extend the beta seeing as 2 nights out of 2 have been unplayable? ON PS4 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Think xp on classes is fixed. They did something to the sensitivity of control pads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There's an update on XB1 to fix the laggy menus thank ****.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Will they extend the beta seeing as 2 nights out of 2 have been unplayable? ON PS4 at least.
    I love the way they never announced an end date to begin with. Very clever.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Whats great about this game is there are lots of those moments to be had. Even in my very first game I seen loads of very cool stuff happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Are you using it wired to the PC. Try reinstalling the drives. I have to plug the xb1 controller in first and then launch the game otherwise it isn't recognised. Controller won't turn on or goes on and off. Using it wired you don't need the battery in also.

I use it wireless I'd much prefer it but I have tried it with a cable and tried deleting drivers and what not have its still the same.

It will be fine I'll worry about it when full game comes out. It works perfectly with all other games so must be just the way bf1 picks it up.

Got that update. Did nothing to the laggy menu on my end.

It just seems to lag when you bring up menu at first but every other time you press the menu button after that in a game it works fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

first few games of this were awful, never really played battlefield before, but it's finally starting to click and having a lot of fun. still not sure about picking up the full version. the one thing i like is it feels like a game you can jump in and out of and not lose too much ground, unlike some of the loot grinders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

The bolt action without the scope is godly, only thing is make sure you don't miss the first shot in close quarters or your in trouble unless you headshot on the next!

Connection issues on PC? Tried to connect to 5-7 games there kept throwing me back to main menu. Seems to be ok now.

WTF is with that AT rocket gun that thing makes tanks worthless. Did they even Have RPG's back in 1914.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Premium maps don't even arrive until March 2017.

Save your money. You'll probably get it cheaper later.

thing is the price never really drops end until now b4f premium is 50 euro on origin

is the only difference between the deluxe and ultimate the pass?

i though there was something extra no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

For those that have pc or console just out of interest which platform are you gonna get this for

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

For those that have pc or console just out of interest which platform are you gonna get this for

Xbox and pc here, playing the beta on pc and will get it on that too.

Playing xb1 and PC. PC I think. PC on low graphics is better than consoles.

Getting it on XB1 as that's where most of my friends have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure I'm going to get it at all now.

Might just be the fact it's a free beta and without a paywall those playing aren't the greatest which is affecting the overall game but I more than likely going to wait.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    thing is the price never really drops end until now b4f premium is 50 euro on origin

is the only difference between the deluxe and ultimate the pass?

i though there was something extra no?

Bf4 and hardline are actually free on origin with the few euro monthly subscription.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bf4 and hardline are actually free on origin with the few euro monthly subscription.

but not the premium membership its showing as 50

• Advertisement

it'll be pc for me built a new rig for it :cool:

They did give the dlc away 1 expansion at a time for both BF4 & Hardline tho. It would be a shame if someone was interested in the premium now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

it'll be pc for me built a new rig for it :cool:

I'm the same dun

It's actually the premium edition of bf4 and the ultimate edition of hardline that are in the vault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Connection issues on PC? Tried to connect to 5-7 games there kept throwing me back to main menu. Seems to be ok now.

WTF is with that AT rocket gun that thing makes tanks worthless. Did they even Have RPG's back in 1914.

16 gigs of DDR3 2100 ram and I am constantly getting "you don't have enough ram" error messages. That's nuts...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

16 gigs of DDR3 2100 ram and I am constantly getting "you don't have enough ram" error messages. That's nuts...

It's a memory leak and you're not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I think I worked what frustrates me most about this game at the moment. Its that outside of sniper rifles all the guns feel incredibly weak. I have had far too many occassions where at point blank range I pump half a clip of the submachine gun or 2-3 good bursts of the lmg only to die to someone with a sniper rifle at blank range or pulling out the pistol.

And that annoyed me. Snipers in the distance picking me off. Fine I learn a lesson about poking my head out. But when it's point blank range and the sniper rifle is more effective then the submachine gun then something is seriously off

Also is the old BF4 bug where the kill feed tells you the wrong person killed you back?

I've had a few deaths that I cant work out how the person it says killed me actually pulled off the shot.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Also is the old BF4 bug where the kill feed tells you the wrong person killed you back?

I've had a few deaths that I cant work out how the person it says killed me actually pulled off the shot.

yeah ive seen that happen a few times people a shooting me through buildings
    is there a bug tracker does anyone know?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

One thing to note is that while the guns are definitely more "spray'n'pray" as is befitting the era, this is only available on softcore mode. Most people I know play on hardcore on BF4 so that's a BIG drop off in instant damage. I found it frustrating too as assault, until at least I unlocked some of the trench weapons and started to stay indoors more :)

Another thing is that they have changed the scoring it seems. Its REALLY suiting me because In BF4 I was happy to be in the top 10 on my side, tonight I was rocking MVP about half the games I played. I was never out of the top 5. This is partly because the beta players aren't as good as regular BF4 players imho and also because I'm a much more tactical player than a FFA sort of player. I don't bother shooting people, unless its at an objective or its an easy kill. I prefer to focus entirely on objectives because those are what win matches. And BOY does winning matter in BF1. It about doubles your score and shoots you up the XP line.
    The scoring has been changed so that you score for taking objectives, teams no longer have tickets which are lost for deaths. Objectives are everything now.

I am loving the atmosphere I have to say, the sand storms, the noise and confusion and the shouts and general melee are great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

DeVore wrote: »
    One thing to note is that while the guns are definitely more "spray'n'pray" as is befitting the era, this is only available on softcore mode. Most people I know play on hardcore on BF4 so that's a BIG drop off in instant damage. I found it frustrating too as assault, until at least I unlocked some of the trench weapons and started to stay indoors more :)

I hope hardcore helps. My only concern is the ease I've seen some players pull off one shot kills with sniper rifles at point blank range, to me they're the sort of weapon that unless you are genuinely aiming should be wildly inaccurate. With this its not a matter of damage but accuracy.

Another thing is that they have changed the scoring it seems. Its REALLY suiting me because In BF4 I was happy to be in the top 10 on my side, tonight I was rocking MVP about half the games I played. I was never out of the top 5. This is partly because the beta players aren't as good as regular BF4 players imho and also because I'm a much more tactical player than a FFA sort of player. I don't bother shooting people, unless its at an objective or its an easy kill. I prefer to focus entirely on objectives because those are what win matches. And BOY does winning matter in BF1. It about doubles your score and shoots you up the XP line.
    The scoring has been changed so that you score for taking objectives, teams no longer have tickets which are lost for deaths. Objectives are everything now.

I'm trying to do a little feedback video on the scoring, its been very controversial and I'm torn on it.

I dont mind it putting greater emphasise on the objective, in fact I approve.

But due to the timer there is a much greater sense that once one team gets a certain amount ahead it is impossible to catch up, unlike smaller domination games it's very hard in battlefield to lockdown all the cap points, even with a behemoth so you cant lock an enemy team out and push for a rapid comeback so it generates a lot more frustration when you cross that threshold and know you cant really do anything which becomes counter productive to Dice's goal of having more players play the objective.

The timer itself is a frustration because it's only there for the behomeths really. They need the timer to balance them to the strength of the losing team.

Team is blatantly losing (by a lot of points) behemoth spawns much earlier, lots of time for it to be used correctly.

Team is losing but only by 20-30 points, behemoth spawns much later, only have 1-3 minutes to put it to the right use to turn the tide.

Team is losing by 1-5 points. Behemoth doesnt spawn.

Problem is I cant work out some system other then the timer to balance the behemoths.

I thought maybe if they had instead a point value, that they spawn when one team reaches X points (say 150) so the other team then gets the behemoth but if its destroyed would net the winning team an extra 50 points it might balance things, but that can make them more of a liability to the losing team then a benefit and some players might prefer if it didnt spawn at all if it could potentially cost them the game

Though saying that, if you are a team thats very far behind, perhaps it is better that you try for a hail mary pass with the behemoth. failing just means the game will end sooner rather then dragging out a loss that clearly not going to turn around.

Overall its an issue thats been very unpopular with the beta.
    I am loving the atmosphere I have to say, the sand storms, the noise and confusion and the shouts and general melee are great :)

I love the atmosphere but supposably this is also an issue as its client side meaning this can happen:

http://gfycat.com/CooperativeWigglyAmericanblackvulture

2 players in the same game getting 2 different effects.

Hopefully its a bug and will be fixed, because otherwise this is going to be War Thunder ULQ all over again.

Advertisement