Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

5uspect wrote: »
    It's a memory leak and you're not alone.

Thank god for that, I really got a fright. I only upgraded my PC about 6 months ago. I was hoping to get the next two BF installments out of it at least :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Redo91

I'm more into single player games. Would this be worth getting or does the campaign tend to be sort of weak in Battlefield games with the focus on multi player?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Redo91 wrote: »
    I'm more into single player games. Would this be worth getting or does the campaign tend to be sort of weak in Battlefield games with the focus on multi player?

This is fundamentally a multiplayer game. The single player campaign only exists to tick a box on the press releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be fair, they do put effort into the SP campaign, it's not fair to dismiss it entirely as throw away. If you enjoy Call of Duty single player campaigns, the Battlefield 3 and 4 campaigns were fairly enjoyable. However, they are built as multi-player titles, so like COD, the SP campaign is a fairly short, heavily scripted affair lasting around 6 hours. But worth paying full price for, definitely not unless you're going to be playing MP.

Would suit a console player much better as you can buy cheap enough from say, Argos, finish in the same day, and trade it back in for the majority of the price you paid in CEX or on Adverts (forget Gamestop).

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

If you enjoy Call of Duty single player campaigns, the Battlefield 3 and 4 campaigns were fairly enjoyable.

Have to disagree there, compare to Call of Duty, the Battlefield SP is awful in my opinion. BF4 in particular was the worst SP campaign I've ever played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The campaign in this actually looks promising from the trailers so far. Do do tend to be short so hoping this might have some substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think the scoring system is spot on.

Using a scoring system based off player deaths (tickets) is what really contrubutes to a legion of snipers in the hills. I know there are already many snipers there but they won't win positions in conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I'm trying to do a little feedback video on the scoring, its been very controversial and I'm torn on it.

I dont mind it putting greater emphasise on the objective, in fact I approve.

But due to the timer there is a much greater sense that once one team gets a certain amount ahead it is impossible to catch up, unlike smaller domination games it's very hard in battlefield to lockdown all the cap points, even with a behemoth so you cant lock an enemy team out and push for a rapid comeback so it generates a lot more frustration when you cross that threshold and know you cant really do anything which becomes counter productive to Dice's goal of having more players play the objective.

The timer itself is a frustration because it's only there for the behomeths really. They need the timer to balance them to the strength of the losing team.

Team is blatantly losing (by a lot of points) behemoth spawns much earlier, lots of time for it to be used correctly.

Team is losing but only by 20-30 points, behemoth spawns much later, only have 1-3 minutes to put it to the right use to turn the tide.

Team is losing by 1-5 points. Behemoth doesnt spawn.

Problem is I cant work out some system other then the timer to balance the behemoths.

I thought maybe if they had instead a point value, that they spawn when one team reaches X points (say 150) so the other team then gets the behemoth but if its destroyed would net the winning team an extra 50 points it might balance things, but that can make them more of a liability to the losing team then a benefit and some players might prefer if it didnt spawn at all if it could potentially cost them the game

Though saying that, if you are a team thats very far behind, perhaps it is better that you try for a hail mary pass with the behemoth. failing just means the game will end sooner rather then dragging out a loss that clearly not going to turn around.

Tried to work out the points system there myself here's what I observed:
    OBJ=Objective PT=Point (empty server conquest)

1 OBJ. 1 PT every 10.5 - 11 secs
    2 OBJ. 1 PT every 8 - 8.5 secs
    3 OBJ. 1 PT every 7 secs (that varies to 7, 8, 15 secs)
    4 OBJ. 1 PT every 6 secs (varied to 5,6 - 6.5 second time testing)
    5 OBJ. 1 PT every 5 secs ( that varied to 6 secs second time)
    6 OBJ. 1 PT every 2 secs + 3 secs consecutively (so 2 PT's every 5 secs might as well say)
    All OBJ 1 PT every 1 sec.

The second time I tested when I got onto a flag it seemed to give a point after the first 4 seconds on the flag then went back to the objectives to points after that. The seconds to points were not completely in sync to the timer also. So It would mark a point just before or after the second would change hence the .5 guess.

On the second time around the behemoth spawned in for other team after 87-0 points and about 9 mins left. Was taking flags in a jeep so trying to get to them as quickly as possible while keeping an eye on the timer.

It took 45 seconds to take a flag for one player. Wonder what the multiples are for 2,3,4,5 etc players!

Both games I ended up with 15750 points and in the first game a ghost player (or bot?) with the name MHILL2029 (lvl 50) was on other teams scoreboard. Some dick spawned into the game right at the end and took G flag so couldn't see if it happened again. Ask him to get off the flag but he wouldn't.

So if you take and hold all objectives it would be possible to win if you have a good enough team. Holding them for 20 secs would be 20 points! Even holding 6 for 1 min will net you 24 points while the other team scores 5 or 6 ish.

Base numbers for 1 variable!

Was the artillery guns sensitivity changed. Seems so, harder to turn them and the aim sensitivity is really slow. The Tanks with the shell ammo on the sides FOV was definitely restricted towards the back. That's sensitivity has changed also.

Anyone notice the large bomber drifts to the right?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

main thing I noticed today...

They turned the anti cheat software on.

Ridiculous number of players getting banned in the games I played.

Goes to show how insane the hacking is on an open beta with no consequences.

I also noticed there was less ridiculous sniper shots (I actually got to play sniper for once and not feel like a complete moron)

also I set someone on fire with a flare gun which made me giggle

and the supports incendiary tripwire is the funniest weapon in the game. Set it up just inside the door to one of the houses and watch 2 or 3 guys sprinting through *FOOM* massive flame and then the burning bodies running back out screaming.

• Advertisement

Just a glimpse of what my chat feed has been looking like today:

https://imgur.com/gallery/R7Usz

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dunno how many of those might be false positives though... I've heard that using joystick converters (like 360ce and JoyToKey) register as "cheats"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

DeVore wrote: »
    I dunno how many of those might be false positives though... I've heard that using joystick converters (like 360ce and JoyToKey) register as "cheats"...

Dont you mean a false negative ;) donno what could be positive about been banned ;);)

DeVore wrote: »

Really, don't say that just bought a ps3 nav controller to use with full game and JoyToKey. Does using J2K get you banned from previous titles? You can easily set up a rapid fire macro on J2K not that I would use it!

Anti tank mines work great against that behemoth. I'd say about 12 - 16 laid on the tracks would take it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anti tank mines work great against that behemoth. I'd say about 12 - 16 laid on the tracks would take it out!

Good luck getting your team to do that m8, spotting is beyond most peeps playing this it seems. Never mind trying to get ammo off a support player.....

I think if I got a supply crate of a teammate I would follow him around and be his bodyguard for the duration of the ammo he gave me lol.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Good luck getting your team to do that m8, spotting is beyond most peeps playing this it seems. Never mind trying to get ammo off a support player.....

I think if I got a supply crate of a teammate I would follow him around and be his bodyguard for the duration of the ammo he gave me lol.

especially seeing as the ammo resupply is much more generous in this then in BF4, you can pretty much spam gas grenades if someone plops a ammo crate near you.

I pretty much did as much playing defence on Rush.

Also incendiary tripwires on the mcoms...my new favourite pastime.

It's an absolute joy taking out the hillwankers with the Russian rifleman gun.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's an absolute joy taking out the hillwankers with the Russian rifleman gun.

Like to park one of them mini tanks up in them there hills. Its hilarious when you start moving the turret on the tank in the direction of said hill wanker when they get surprised by the sight of the tank they start panicking to find something to hide behind then just get obliterated.
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Won a game on xb1 earlier 290 something to 150 and the behemoth was taken out 2 minutes to go by our team. Once it was down to half health my team started attacking it nice xp reward for the assist! laid about 9 mines (3 deaths) on the tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Well this is one way to do it.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Well this is one way to do it.

giphy.gif

That's hilarious! Christ..... Wonder what the process was that lead to one person getting on.

That's hilarious! Christ..... Wonder what the process was that lead to one person getting on.

Let's go on battlefield and see how many people we can get on one horse.. common enough line of thought in fairness.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Myself and my mate were able to take out a train pretty handily... I put down 3 AT mines, he put down 3, I shot it once or twice with my rocket-gun and we did a combined one third of its health, about 650 damage. I did that twice more with some help from the squad and got 950 points for its death... tbh, my group are now salivating at the idea of the train coming out so I dunno how long those things are going to last when the word gets out that they are easy enough plus they are worth a metric sh*t tonne of points....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Bloody memory leak, just when I was starting to get my **** together and was having a decent round it goes it again. I was 9-0 in a game yesterday all while PTFO and then it ****s itself.

Today I couldn't hit a thing and finally when I managed to get back into it, it goes again. :mad:

At this stage I'm going to hold off on BF1 for a good few months. I don't think I can take another BF4 disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have come across dudes wearing loads of armour and an LMG. How do you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have come across dudes wearing loads of armour and an LMG. How do you get them?

It's a once off pickup by F. Then there's the flamethrower with armour by B.

Don't take too kindly to a clip and two anti tank grenades!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

As above its likes he weapons you used to find in Bf4 etc

Was on a 30 - 0 streak in that mini tank when two hill **** decided to take me out I got my revenge though. It took that taste of salt right out of my mouth.

• Advertisement

I officially love playing support on rush defence. Its just full of spammy machine gun firey tripwire gas grenade goodness. Gonna throw together a short video highlighting it.

Also both times we've been able to hold them at the initial mcoms when I've run defence support.

The very last set of mcoms is impossible to defend I find.

edit:

Also the Mcoms move

not by a lot but in my last two games they have been in different spots

Advertisement