Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Can confirm horses set off incendiary tripwire

and they do burn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Overall I hate the sinai map, bad on conquest and terrible on rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Varik wrote: »

Not a fan of it by any means. It's almost a carbon copy of Bandar Desert from BF3, including the E flag being almost a world away from anything useful.

It's way too open for my liking, far too easy for Snipers.

I'm hoping that the Operation game mode will bring a new element into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Played a good amount of hours of the beta on console and PC. It is barely working on consoles. The frame rate is really terrible. Its not really a surprise given how outdated the hardware on XB1 and PS4 was back in 2013.

I hope when the time comes that they release a PS4 Neo version and an Xbox Scorpio version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Played a good amount of hours of the beta on console and PC. It is barely working on consoles. The frame rate is really terrible. Its not really a surprise given how outdated the hardware on XB1 and PS4 was back in 2013.

Oh no. You've turned into a PC snob.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Oh no. You've turned into a PC snob.
    izgauGO.png?1

I was actually hoping to pick it up on console but its just not up to par.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Varik wrote: »

Not the best map I would agree and that E flag being in the middle of no where makes no sense. In fact if you take the E flag out of the game that map is actually pretty small!

I was actually hoping to pick it up on console but its just not up to par.

It does look amazing on PC but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's barely working on XB1.

Funnily enough the Alpha ran & looked better than the Beta currently does.

It does look amazing on PC but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's barely working on XB1.

Menus still slow to react and that end of round bug still happens 20% of the time. But the xb1's menu are slow enough at times too. Especially when you first turn on the console and open the side menu.

Not barely working on xb, pc trumps it by a mile! With pc being the threshold xb is dirt.

• Advertisement

It hasn't been hitting any where close to 60 fps in the beta however I am keeping an open mind about the final product but I am doubtful that console versions will keep a consistent 60 fps.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

If I've learned anything from Battlefield betas, it's that they're, with the exception of the worst bugs, demos for the final product.

It hasn't been hitting any where close to 60 fps in the beta however I am keeping an open mind about the final product but I am doubtful that console versions will keep a consistent 60 fps.

On PC? I'm running it on an i7 4790k 16GB Ram and a 4GB OC GTX 750 Ti. Have had to have it on low settings to get 60 fps and anything higher wasn't getting close to 60. High 48, Medium 30, Ultra 15ish.

What video settings have others been running on PC and what fps are y'all getting with what specs?

The servers say they are 30Hz on xbox anyway and on pc it's 60Hz servers. So I'd say at the most 30fps on xb1!

Getting close to 100fps on Ultra with R9 390 but anything over 60 is wasted with my monitor.

Menus still slow to react and that end of round bug still happens 20% of the time. But the xb1's menu are slow enough at times too. Especially when you first turn on the console and open the side menu.

Yes I'm aware. Like I said it was much smoother with the Alpha. None of them bugs were there at all once in a game.

Yes I'm aware. Like I said it was much smoother with the Alpha. None of them bugs were there at all once in a game.

I think its the new UI. The updated UI in bf4 was slow enough to react when selecting maps.

I must try running in windowed mode see if fps increase!

one thing I find funny about the new UI is the masking in the minimap and the overlay is that there has been some terrible masking done in terms of the graphics. Sometimes when an objective message comes up you can see its not on an alpha channel but just a block of texture set to match the map texture.

Also the icons for players when they run over objectives they completely block out the objective icon because again, there's no alpha channel applied.

Hopefully it'll be sorted out for the full release. Its just a small visual hiccup

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    one thing I find funny about the new UI is the masking in the minimap and the overlay is that there has been some terrible masking done in terms of the graphics. Sometimes when an objective message comes up you can see its not on an alpha channel but just a block of texture set to match the map texture.

Also the icons for players when they run over objectives they completely block out the objective icon because again, there's no alpha channel applied.

Hopefully it'll be sorted out for the full release. Its just a small visual hiccup

Spotted aircraft disappear under the flag icons on the respawn map too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I'm getting pretty fed up of being disconnected with messages telling me that my network bandwidth or latency don't meet the game requirements. Or that my account is probably banned. Or my internet is broken. The fact they couldn't even be bothered sticking a warning about ongoing server issues on the news page speaks volumes.

I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole. There's massive server issues, memory leaks, regular crashes, medal tracking randomly reset. And that's just the technical stuff, leaving aside really bad gameplay elements. Climbing a ledge is hilariously bad. And I love those bits where you're lying in cover behind something, adjust your angle slightly, and then get either forced to your feet, or pushed off a roof onto a ladder. And overall, it really offers nothing particularly novel or unique. Just badly implemented, reskinned, rubbish.

I've just tried five times in a row to join any random server from the main menu (presumably a different on each time)
    - first time: my latency or bandwidth isn't good enough for the game
    - second time: the game in it's current state won't allow me to join. It may be loading a new map, or the server may be down
    - third time: "failed to join server, an unknown error occurred"
    - fourth time: appeared to join server, but no loading icon and just hung there. Then got the latency/bandwidth error again
    - fifth time "Matchmaking timed out"

I've tried. I probably put about 20 hours into it this weekend, but really it's a stinking mess.

MOH wrote: »
    I'm getting pretty fed up of being disconnected with messages telling me that my network bandwidth or latency don't meet the game requirements. Or that my account is probably banned. Or my internet is broken. The fact they couldn't even be bothered sticking a warning about ongoing server issues on the news page speaks volumes.

I wouldn't touch this with a bargepole. There's massive server issues, memory leaks, regular crashes, medal tracking randomly reset. And that's just the technical stuff, leaving aside really bad gameplay elements. Climbing a ledge is hilariously bad. And I love those bits where you're lying in cover behind something, adjust your angle slightly, and then get either forced to your feet, or pushed off a roof onto a ladder. And overall, it really offers nothing particularly novel or unique. Just badly implemented, reskinned, rubbish.

I've just tried five times in a row to join any random server from the main menu (presumably a different on each time)
    - first time: my latency or bandwidth isn't good enough for the game
    - second time: the game in it's current state won't allow me to join. It may be loading a new map, or the server may be down
    - third time: "failed to join server, an unknown error occurred"
    - fourth time: appeared to join server, but no loading icon and just hung there. Then got the latency/bandwidth error again
    - fifth time "Matchmaking timed out"

I've tried. I probably put about 20 hours into it this weekend, but really it's a stinking mess.

Have not seen any of these error's on pc my self but then again have never used quick match and always browse for a low ping server. Would agree with trying to mantle a ledge though especially the one at D flag. BF4 still has issues with 2 inch curbs or broken walls!

What ISP do you have any problems with that? It is a beta and it does state on the title screen that there may be problems. I feel your pain having them and not getting a good experience from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Have not seen any of these error's on pc my self but then again have never used quick match and always browse for a low ping server. Would agree with trying to mantle a ledge though especially the one at D flag. BF4 still has issues with 2 inch curbs or broken walls!

What ISP do you have any problems with that? It is a beta and it does state on the title screen that there may be problems. I feel your pain having them and not getting a good experience from it.

Virgin. Speed test shows everything is fine. And as I said, I've put over 20 hours into it with no problems. And I do appreciate it's a beta, but I've seen about 10 different error messages at this point blaming all the connection issues on my end, without any acknowledgement the serves are clearly borked.
    If I browse manaully, there seem to be quite high queues of people waiting to join servers, so I don't think it's just me.

Yeah, it's that ledge at D in particular. Actually, a few places between C and D

The maps are looking very promising!

aW6d2zS.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

When I pick up them one time use gun's (flamethrower and LMG) I simply cannot shoot. It shoots one bullet if I jump however.

Any ideas?

It's also the same one some weird looking pistol on the sniper class wheb I press right in the D-pad.

The maps are looking very promising!

aW6d2zS.jpg?1

yeah someone posted that on the bf reddit.

got downvoted like mad when I pointed out that on the official BF site you can see a BF1 version of Wake Island in the background:

https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/news/road-to-battlefield

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    got downvoted like mad when I pointed out that on the official BF site you can see a BF1 version of Wake Island in the background:

Probably because people are sick of Wake Island at this stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Was playing last night fine but cant play at the moment :( wont let me 'online'

That aside, I expected to be wowed by this but felt let down.

The desert map is dreadful.

J Mysterio wrote:
    The desert map is dreadful.

I think they messed up by not using St Quentin Scar. They could redeem themselves by adding it for the last couple of days of the Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Probably because people are sick of Wake Island at this stage :P

Wake Island has been played to death at this stage. BF3 was a good send off for it, just let it die.

MOH wrote: »
    Virgin. Speed test shows everything is fine. And as I said, I've put over 20 hours into it with no problems. And I do appreciate it's a beta, but I've seen about 10 different error messages at this point blaming all the connection issues on my end, without any acknowledgement the serves are clearly borked.
    If I browse manaully, there seem to be quite high queues of people waiting to join servers, so I don't think it's just me.

Yeah, it's that ledge at D in particular. Actually, a few places between C and D

Spent about 5 minutes trying to get up a cliff at G flag (E side) got up eventually and killed the sniper took their weapon and kept killing him as he tried to snipe me off ran out of ammo then.

Have you tried reinstalling. Might not fix it but worth a shot. Sometimes the server will say there is one spot you join and are placed in a queue of 2. The new UI server search is very broken alright searching for spots remaining 1-5, 6-10 and all selected gives a limited number of empty servers. Even on BF4 before and after the new UI that was an issue for me being placed in a queue with one spot remaining saying you are 1 of 1 in the queue. If I'd wait a minute or so it would put me in the game though most times unless someone else joined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Wake Island has been played to death at this stage. BF3 was a good send off for it, just let it die.

Agreed, but if they can find a way to bring back Karkand, I'm all for it. I'll never tire of that map.

Advertisement