Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I loved Strike in BF2, but I didn't really warm to the later versions of it for some reason, just wasn't the same. Same with Wake Island. That map list looks pretty fantastic - huge variety of of environments each radically different to the other it looks like, which is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Wake Island has been played to death at this stage. BF3 was a good send off for it, just let it die.

There's a reason people like older maps, they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Same with Wake Island. That map list looks pretty fantastic - huge variety of of environments each radically different to the other it looks like, which is excellent.

Prefer the remakes to the original, might be the fact that I wouldn't spawn on a giant capital-ship that some idiot had beached on the later games as they weren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Varik wrote: »
    There's a reason people like older maps, they work.

8 appearances in the series is a little bit much in all fairness.

I'm all for older maps just not Wake Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

no snow map?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

dunworth1 wrote: »
    no snow map?

That must be the 'mystery map'!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

this is kinda cool

jackfrags turned off all the hud and played the beta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f30mH6XXtog

of course massive disadvantage but if there is a hardcore mode, it would be awesome if it played like this. No hud, massive damage multiplier on all weapons and friendly fire on.

It would be genuinely mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    this is kinda cool

jackfrags turned off all the hud and played the beta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f30mH6XXtog

of course massive disadvantage but if there is a hardcore mode, it would be awesome if it played like this. No hud, massive damage multiplier on all weapons and friendly fire on.

It would be genuinely mad.

He did the same for the Alpha :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKGqtZc-xsQ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Does anyone else get the feeling from playing the beta that Battlefield One may get boring quickly like Battlefront did? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Doge wrote: »
    Does anyone else get the feeling from playing the beta that Battlefield One may get boring quickly like Battlefront did? :(

TBH, it depends who you play it with. I think its one of the better BF's to hit the market. If you can get a regular group to have a laugh with on mics you will get years out of it.

The new maps look brilliant, cant wait for the ardennes forrest or whatever its called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    TBH, it depends who you play it with. I think its one of the better BF's to hit the market. If you can get a regular group to have a laugh with on mics you will get years out of it.

The new maps look brilliant, cant wait for the ardennes forrest or whatever its called.
    So true. Once you have a regular group to play with every time you turn in the game and have a laugh. You won't get sick of it. The same with any game online really. its one of the main reason the vast majority of people lose interest quickly.
    At the moment we have a full party of two squads with people chopping and changing l. Makes all the difference to the experience. If anyone is playing on their own I'd advise start playing with a group tbh, it's the only way to get the pull potential from a battlefield game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played a good bit of BF4 but hadn't played much Rush. Rush is awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Played a good bit of BF4 but hadn't played much Rush. Rush is awesome!

Same here I never tried most of the game modes but I enjoy rush so I'll give them all a better go this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I think they messed up by not using St Quentin Scar. They could redeem themselves by adding it for the last couple of days of the Beta.

I played 15 hours of St Quentin Scar in the Alpha. Only interested in playing it now to see how the new sniper damage affects its gameplay. In the Alpha running across open ground was dangerous but not a guaranteed death sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

That Forrest map has me very very intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Apparently they turned off timer for Conquest or at least made it longer than 20 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

MarkY91 wrote: »
    When I pick up them one time use gun's (flamethrower and LMG) I simply cannot shoot. It shoots one bullet if I jump however.

Any ideas?

It's also the same one some weird looking pistol on the sniper class wheb I press right in the D-pad.

Ps4?

R2 button error. I am on my third controller because of that

Was on BF4 this weekend and couldn't fire the snipers in the target range. PS4. Everything else worked.

Just last night playing on the PC I had a similar issue for the first time, some weapons won't fire at all. Happened me in the bomber manning the forward gun, when I picked up a gun, and a few times when I tried to ADS as well it wouldn't respond and I was forced to hip fire.

I know it's not my mouse because it works fine in the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Just last night playing on the PC I had a similar issue for the first time, some weapons won't fire at all. Happened me in the bomber manning the forward gun, when I picked up a gun, and a few times when I tried to ADS as well it wouldn't respond and I was forced to hip fire.

I know it's not my mouse because it works fine in the menu.

Happened for one of the side gunners on a tank for me too. Would not fire for a few minutes then someone jumped out and it worked. Have seen tanks with 6/5 people in them the odd time too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

I never signed up for the Beta, so for those who played it how did you get into Planes ?

is it like a SW Battlefront style pickup ?

limitedIQ wrote: »
    I never signed up for the Beta, so for those who played it how did you get into Planes ?

is it like a SW Battlefront style pickup ?

It's an open beta. You don't need to sign up to it. You can just go and download it from the store and play right now.

But no, the planes you spawn into from the spawn selection screen.

on PS4 so you had to sign up on the BF insider site. :(

from looking at the vids I think this is be the BF i will miss out on. it just looks way to battlefront-y to me. might pick it up in a year on sale.

I liked the titanfall 2 demo so I reckon I will go for that.

on PS4 so you had to sign up on the BF insider site. :(

from looking at the vids I think this is be the BF i will miss out on. it just looks way to battlefront-y to me. might pick it up in a year on sale.

I liked the titanfall 2 demo so I reckon I will go for that.

No you didn't, the insider was just for 24 hours early access on all platforms.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/battlefield-1-open-beta/cid=EP0006-CUSA05244_00-TBETA00000000000

d'oh i'm such a dubass. probably won't get a look til wednesday. when does the beta end ?

I heard the 7th but nothing concrete. They may extend it as there was a lot of server issues early on.

It's definitely way closer to Battlefield than it is to battlefront. I've already put more hours into the beta and it's single map than I did into the entire Battlefront game....which I wanted to love as both a Battlefield and Battlefront fan, but ended up extremely disappointed on behalf of both franchises, which is some stellar misfire by EA.

Battlefront was a hollow albeit visually brilliant shell of a game. Thankfully, BF1 appears to be following the traditional Battlefield franchise formula.

I was unsure myself prior to the beta but after putting some solid time into it, I was happy to pre-order the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

d'oh i'm such a dubass

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

battlefield 1 is much closer to battlefield 1942/vietnam then any prior battlefield

which is where I think a lot of players will have issues because they'll do as above and j'accuse it of being battlefront as their main reference for battlefield will be 2-4.

when frankly no, aside from the visuals BF1 doesnt have a battlefront feel at all. It has al ot of traits I'd associated with 1942, diverse vehicles, hard countered classes, open map design, hell even the dynamtie not sticking to anything is a 1942 trait, in 1942 to do a jihad jeep you had to put the tnt in the front seat and be careful not to have it fall out if you turned too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I've put a good few hours into the game now, adapted to the change in pace from BF4/Hardline, unlocked all the weapons and equipment and near the top of the scoreboard every round.

But I'm still not sure if it's actually any good or not ! Probably comes down to the fact that I think Sinai Desert is a pretty poor map, hopefully they'll add another one before the end of the beta.

Advertisement