Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    I've put a good few hours into the game now, adapted to the change in pace from BF4/Hardline, unlocked all the weapons and equipment and near the top of the scoreboard every round.

But I'm still not sure if it's actually any good or not ! Probably comes down to the fact that I think Sinai Desert is a pretty poor map, hopefully they'll add another one before the end of the beta.

I've never been a fan of desert maps in general, I find they look dull conpared to forests, urban areas etc..

Reminds too much of Jakku in Battlefront, it still remains to be seen if the fun in Battlefield One will burn as fast as it did in Battelfront.

I personally think it does feel a lot like Battlefront, its using the same damn engine for crying out loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Doge wrote: »
    I personally think it does feel a lot like Battlefront, its using the same damn engine for crying out loud!

Battlefield has been using the Frostbite engine for years. I don't see your point? So you must be saying Battlefront felt like Battlefield in the first place for your point to make sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Shlippery wrote: »
    Apparently they turned off timer for Conquest or at least made it longer than 20 mins!

Yep timer has been removed. You now have to hit the score cap to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Doge wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of desert maps in general, I find they look dull conpared to forests, urban areas etc..

Reminds too much of Jakku in Battlefront, it still remains to be seen if the fun in Battlefield One will burn as fast as it did in Battelfront.

Reminds me of Bandar desert in bf3

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Reminds me of Bandar desert in bf3

It is more or less.

vOyjkMj.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

limitedIQ wrote: »
    d'oh i'm such a dubass. probably won't get a look til wednesday. when does the beta end ?

Ends on the 8,i reset my BB yesterday and left the game on and the end date msg popped up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Battlefield has been using the Frostbite engine for years. I don't see your point?

Let's not forget the huge leap forward Battlefield 3 made with frostbite.

It feels fairly recycled since imo, Hardline I never even bothered with because of this, it felt like they were trying to cash in a GTA like game with it. I guess im just looking forward to the giant next leap in the engine.

Things have gone a bit COD like in terms of recycling imo, you could only imagine how I feel about that series! :p

Anyway it's healthy to see others with a different stanse on the series to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Closest thing to old school Battlefield in years IMHO.

I can understand why people compare it to battlefront but it's nothing like it.

Delighted to see hit detection works just as well as it did in the alpha.only downside is this stupid menu delay of about a minute when you click on menu. Add to that it can take about 3 minutes later than everyone else for you to start the next round , it's annoying as hell.

I have railed on many Battlefield games but this is not one that I will be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Great few games there after not being able to play all weekend due to internet issues! Got to level 15 there before calling it a night...just unlocked the at rocket gun, absolute beast of a thing.

Got a few goes on the train too. You're practically invincible once that bad boy takes off.

And some epic games of rush against poor opposition..annihilated a team that couldn't destroy any telegraphs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Shlippery wrote: »
    Great few games there after not being able to play all weekend due to internet issues! Got to level 15 there before calling it a night...just unlocked the at rocket gun, absolute beast of a thing.

Got a few goes on the train too. You're practically invincible once that bad boy takes off.

And some epic games of rush against poor opposition..annihilated a team that couldn't destroy any telegraphs :P

Some AT mines and that rocket launcher can take the train out in no time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Are the servers shut down? I got one night of it but nothing since :(

Dunno if I like conquest with no timer. Its domination counting upwards! Should just extend the timer to 30 mins or the first to 300 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Dunno if I like conquest with no timer. Its domination counting upwards! Should just extend the timer to 30 mins or the first to 300 points.

Do you just get points in conquest for holding the flag sections or is it also kills?

or the first to 300 points.

It is the first to 300?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It is the first to 300?

30 mins or first to 300

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone feel that the cavalry class is op, not when anyone jumps on a horse but when you spawn as one and have the armor. You get health pack, ammo pack, anti armor explosive, an incredible powerful rifle, and the armor even when you're off the horse.

I find most games still only last 25 - 30 minutes. But without the timer the Behemoth is amazing, it is genuinely a force of nature in the game.

I was in a game where we were trouncing the opposing team so the behemoth came out fairly quick and the end the score line was 300 - 280. While active the train just drove a wedge through our lines. It wasnt until a number of us really focused on killing the train that we finally retook the initiative.

Other things I like about no timer, I dont feel as pressured to move on to the next objective, I took E fairly early on and decided to stick around it to help our airforce by harassing their fighters as they flew over with the flak gun, with the timer I wouldnt have stuck around and ended up killing a plane and a few attacking infantry

It's also the games you decide not to record that are your best. I went on a 15 kill streak with the cavalry unit. It was amazing. Such an awesome unit. the quick ammo pack drops reloads the anti tank grenades really quick and your mobility means I was able to destroy a jeep an armoured car and a artillery truck and a landship, not to mention slice and dice numerous infantry.

I took a screenshot after I died but I regret everything turning shadowplay off before booting.

Quick warning on the medals, they have to be active and be done in order to be earned

the one I was started today required 10 kills, then 5 kills in one life and then win 3 rounds.

the 15 kill streak only counted to the 10 kills and even though I got 5 kills per life twice after that none of it counted.

So next round I'll need 5 kills in one life

and then win 3 rounds after that.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No points for kills in Conquest (which is awesome!)... you get points for *FULLY* holding objectives if you hold more of them than the opposition.

Oh okay so you're saying if the team gets to 300 points before the 30 mins let it end, if not then end at 30 mins. Get you now.

I'm very happy with the newly implemented first to 300 points myself.

there is the insane multiplier for kill streaks though. Not great for a team, but for those more lone wolf hunting personal score the game rewards streaks over simple kills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

There is NO teamwork in BF1, none. No revives, no medical packs, no ammo drop and no need for repairs. The assholes won't even issue orders for objectives.

The game is basically a sandbox fps. It is fine but teamwork is a non event.

Also why, on console, does the veteran set up for controls now have UP as the onet zoom option. Tricky press R2 to drive, UP to zoom and L1 to shoot

there is never teamwork in open beta

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It also massively rewards winning teams... roughly double the points towards advancement!

Potluck people what game is this person talking about?
    Nodferatu wrote: »
    nobody seems to be helping each other, any games i play non of my team mates revive me or throw ammo if their support or medic or whatever classes they are. it almost makes me feel like not bothering to revive or help anyone anymore. wheres the teamwork people?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Do ye like that you don't light up on mini map now when you shoot?

I love it, way better bf3 and bf4 was a mini map hunting game most of the time

Do ye like that you don't light up on mini map now when you shoot?

I love it, way better bf3 and bf4 was a mini map hunting game most of the time

I would be perfectly fine with it if I didnt find the spotting a bit hit and miss, it takes a few presses to actually register a spot. So actually doing the spotting and being pro active can be a pain.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I would be perfectly fine with it if I didnt find the spotting a bit hit and miss, it takes a few presses to actually register a spot. So actually doing the spotting and being pro active can be a pain.

Really hope spotting is a little easier release! Dunno if multiple players spotting a tank or enemy makes it easier, sometimes will just press it once and it will spot straight away. A spot doesn't seem to last too long.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

How long more is the beta running for?
    Only played one map so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dcully wrote: »
    How long more is the beta running for?
    Only played one map so far.

Running until 8th.

Didn't get to play much over the last few days so looking forward to sinking my teeth back into it for the last few days.

I'm level 40 atm but have very little in the way of unlocks. Think I mostly hit the class points bug during the opening days and they fixed the career site workaround days ago. I really don't give a hoot about that though.

I'll give final thoughts after Thursday.

I've been reading comments the last few days here, BF forums, reddit etc... I'm laughing at people saying its a battlefront reskin. Why? Because it uses the same engine? lewl.
    Yes, it uses the same engine. Why wouldn't they use the best possible engine out there for this type of game? Does it play like battlefront? Nope, fraid not.

Anyway, not gonna go into a rant about that.

One thing I found in game that I luuuuve. Support class gun M1909 Benét–Mercié Gunner.
    Seriously boys, if you've been avoiding the support class because the LMGs are crap, then think again. Just get that first unlock.
    Also equip yourself with the light AT nade and the ammo pouh (not box).
    Endless fun due to the insta nade reload bug that I'm sure will be fixed for release.

The gun is amazing for medium combat at full auto and sick at longer ranges with its single shot. Sure it takes a few to down enemies but it's incredibly satisfying to down snipers with it. (however they do need to increase it's suppression against them)
    Closer range, unless you get the drop on someone you'll probably get rekt due to it's low rate of fire so it's a good balance for the weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I feel like when people are in the planes, they're basically contributing sweet **** all to their team. I never got killed by a plane, I got shot at and some health went but that's about it.

What is the point? My cousin plays bf more than I do and I remember in bf4 he could annihilate enemies in helicopters. He actually contributed to the game.

Advertisement