Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Working out around €45 on either console from Amazon Pre-Order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

That's a shame. It will no doubt lead to further camping of snipers up in the hills now that their kills count towards the score in conquest.

Snipers have been in past games and they never really affected the outcome of the game. It's what ever team is playing the objective will win. It really isn't an issue like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

That's a shame. It will no doubt lead to further camping of snipers up in the hills now that their kills count towards the score in conquest.

That is a shame. I really liked the way they changed it towards the end of the beta. I guess enough people from the survey said they liked the old kill based ticket bleeding camp festive not playing the objective conquest.
    Working out around €45 on either console from Amazon Pre-Order

The xbox physical disc is £17.99 cheaper than the download code :confused:. Surely they barely make a profit after having to pay distribution charges. Amazon would get the delivery rate and they still need to pay storage charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Nothing like a good old knife hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

CszzzWYXYAEpc4V.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

"Locate the pigeon"

Are we suddenly Dick Dastardly and Muttley? :pac:

Yeah that just doesn't sound like fun....

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So basically it's obliteration and no one else besides me has figured this out , yah me ( insert roll eyes emoji here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Well we all knew they would have some sort of Pigeon game mode in there.
    Sure it's some sort of Obliteration knock off but that doesn't bother me. Oblit was a fun game mode so it might be ok.

I really like the idea of Operations. Much larger scale warfare. Something for when you have a decent amount of time to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Where are people going to buy the game?
    I'm getting this on the PC (standard edition), and Amazon have it for £40 and it's €60 on the Origin store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Where are people going to buy the game?
    I'm getting this on the PC (standard edition), and Amazon have it for £40 and it's €60 on the Origin store.

cdkeys have the standard edition for €40 plus 5% off with the facebook code

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/battlefield-1-pc-origin

Noxin wrote: »

I really like the idea of Operations. Much larger scale warfare. Something for when you have a decent amount of time to play.

Looking forward to Operations, seems like DICE is testing something similar with the new Battle Station mode in Battlefront with the battles carrying over and taking place over multiple stages.

Really hoping it's implemented well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

PC Specs revealed:

uBcPefH.jpg

I think they're definitely overstating the specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Hah

first time I'm below recommended specs in a long time.

especially in Ram

thats surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Glico Man wrote: »
    "Locate the pigeon"

Are we suddenly Dick Dastardly and Muttley? :pac:

Catch the pigeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Specs are totally lop-sided and wildly inaccurate as well.

i5-6600 as a minimum is absurd, game runs like butter on Intel processors several generations older than that.

Fx-6350 is way, way slower than an i5-6600, and an Fx8350 is far slower than an i7-4790.

You have to assume these companies take money from Intel/AMD to advertise these specs in the hope people will upgrade unnecessarily because I can't see any other explanation.

It's not just EA, other companies do it as well.

Wondering if I should get an extra SSD. Currently running games from a 7200 rpm sata drive. No room on OS ssd. Any point?

Battlefield 1 trailer parodied in Battlefield 1942 (YouTube link)

History behind the maps

• Advertisement

i really should give forgotten hope a proper try

EA Access & Origin Access members can deploy on October 13 when the Play First Trial for Battlefield 1 releases, giving members ten hours of game time at the dawn of all-out war.

Five maps and four modes will be available, including St. Quentin Scar, Amiens, Sinai Desert, Fao Fortress and Suez in the Conquest, Rush, Operations, and Domination modes. There’s also a taste of the singleplayer campaign, with the missions Storm of Steel and Through Mud and Blood. Your progress carries over, too, if you decide to buy the full game after your Play First Trial ends.

EA Access and Origin Access members will also unlock content by playing between October 13 and October 20. You’ll be able to get an exclusive Trench Raider Dog Tag just for launching the game with the Play First Trial during that time – and if you play all ten hours before October 20, you’ll have a Battlepack waiting for you in the full game.

Played st Quinten scar at EGX today. It was clearly the alpha build and quite a few of the players did not know the ins and outs of tanks etc

But it's a very different map. Tanks feel a lot less powerful on it compared to sinai desert and a lot of fun. Look forward to it in the full.

Sadly was on the winning team so didn't get to use airship and losing team didn't use it very well. But it came down on one of the points and changed it completely

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Dunno if this is right place for it but its only 42 (plus parcel motel) euro pre order on Amazon. However wont be posted and be on time for release day to Ireland so use parcel motel and it will be there the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nickhilliard

DeVore wrote: »
    It cant be in the UK because the ping time to anywhere in the UK is at least 25ms. It also cant be on another network on Ireland because the connection time though the INEX (Irish Neutral EXchange) is also about 20ms.

Did you mean 20µs latency for INEX rather than 20ms? This would be closer to the mark :D

Latency is generally going to be path dependent, but the shorter routes from Dublin to London are about 9ms RTT. INEX is sub-millisecond RTT across the entire network, with the shorter metro paths running at around 15µs (that's microseconds, not milliseconds), and everything else except for one path less than 500µs. Network paths in the same data centre would be < 1µs.

Incidentally ping / traceroute response times from (as opposed to "through") routers can be very misleading when you're talking about these sorts of timescales, because this sort of traffic is massively deprioritised by routers.

Nick

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, that's interesting to know Nick, thanks. I am working on old information perhaps because a few years ago the major telcos were refusing to peer through the INEX and also INEX seemed severely underfunded. Are all the telcos now playing nice?
    I'm a little surprised the times through INEX are now that low, I would have thought that there was a base minimum given just simple physics and the resistance of copper/metal somewhere along the line.. but I take your word for it! :)

Battlefield 1 Single Player /Campaign Trailer

The campaign for once actually looks pretty ****ing good.

Some more info about Single Player campaign missions posted over here: https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/singleplayer?utm_campaign=bf1_hd_na_ic_soco_yt_bf1-sp-web&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&cid=19889&ts=1474996869341

FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES

large.img.jpg

The allies are losing the war in the air. Britain struggles to compete with the German aces and the average lifetime of a combat pilot is 17 days. You must face these bleak odds and take to the skies for a noble fight over the western front. Intense dogfights, unexpected encounters, and a story of friendship await you.

NOTHING IS WRITTEN

large.img.jpg

In the Middle East deserts, Arab tribes rebel against the oppression of the Ottoman Empire. The Empire’s devastating artillery engage rebel forces wielding rifles from horseback. As a Bedouin warrior working alongside the legendary Lawrence of Arabia, you must find a way to take on the technologically superior enemy and destroy a deadly railgun.

THROUGH MUD AND BLOOD

large.img.jpg
    In the autumn of 1918, British forces prepare for a mass assault on the town of Cambrai, France. With tank support, Allied Command believes a breakthrough is a certainty. But the Mark V tank has one major flaw: it is not reliable. Join a dysfunctional tank crew who battle their way behind enemy lines as they learn to work together.

AVANTI SAVOIA

large.img.jpg

Italy and the Austro-Hungarian Empire are deadlocked among the Alps. Braced by snow-capped mountains, neither side can find a way to dislodge their enemy. Meanwhile, the Italian mountaineer regiment Arditi prepares an unorthodox assault. Don your Arditi armor and head up a mountainside as Italian and Austrian forces clash over a strategic fort.

THE RUNNER

large.img.jpg

The British Empire intends to open a new front to the war with an unprecedented naval invasion of the Ottoman homeland. The ships gathered for the Gallipoli Landings — the D-Day of World War 1 — carry over half a million men. As an Anzac (Australia and New Zealand Army Corps) runner you’ll witness the heat of epic bombardments and a beach landing, as well as covert deliveries of urgent life-or-death messages across the frontline.

• Advertisement

I'll be curious if thats all the missions as there are bits in the trailer that doesnt fit many of those (specifically there is a bit that looks like its in a zepplin and a bit where you are infantry in the trenches) Also trying to judge how big each of these single player segments are.

I like that they are individual segments, it'll be nice if they all have their own bit of history with them and its done more like a documentary framing then trying to string them together.

But the trailer is impressive, even with its manipulative trailer music etc.

Advertisement