Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I have my doubts whenever I see footage like that. Microsoft got a lot of hate at an event (Last year or year before). They had 'Xbox consoles' set up for people to play with then all of a sudden one of them crashed and displayed the message "Your PC has encountered a problem and needs to restart" (Now that could be an Xbox error message for all I know but it doesn't seem like it since I've gotten it before on my desktop) Now I'm not sure if controller support is there for BF1 but there were controllers and keyboards flying around at that multiplayer event back in June.

In saying that, it's possible the user just wasn't used to the console controller even at one point in the tank he was shooting at absolutely nothing, I'm guessing it was just heavily scripted to show off variety and to advance through the 'story'.

They had console controllers at EGX as an option along side of keyboard and mouse for BF1.

There were some pc master race shenanigans in the chat when we sat down cause it became very clear that about half of the people there opted to use controllers and got their asses handed to them by us who didnt.

Microsoft also offered controllers or keyboard/mouse for its gears of war 4 single player 4k demo. I opted for controller there cause I find GOW more comfortable with a controller and have no intention of playing it online on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Dcully wrote: »
    That console aiming lmfao.

i know right!

(still buying it on xbox though :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Not watching any of the single player footage. I'm actually looking forward to playing through it so don't want any of that ruined for me.

Not long to go now though boys. Got a stag this weekend so hopefully my hangover will be cleared enough for me to see straight by the 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Thereis a boards clan for this yeah? Let me know as I don't wanna get caught playing on my tod with this as it is a million times better in a group

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Noxin wrote: »
    Not watching any of the single player footage. I'm actually looking forward to playing through it so don't want any of that ruined for me.

Not long to go now though boys. Got a stag this weekend so hopefully my hangover will be cleared enough for me to see straight by the 13th

ea access sub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I reckon I'll leave it a month or two before buying it. I'm dying to play it but but the bugs on release will be ironed out and it'll be (hopefully) nearly as good as BF4 eventually became... The single player looks tasty, I have no doubt that major lessons have been learned from BF4 SP that I'm expecting a SP that will be outstanding..

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

GerB40 wrote: »
    I reckon I'll leave it a month or two before buying it. I'm dying to play it but but the bugs on release will be ironed out and it'll be (hopefully) nearly as good as BF4 eventually became... The single player looks tasty, I have no doubt that major lessons have been learned from BF4 SP that I'm expecting a SP that will be outstanding..

I'd say it'll be alright (Typical Irish attitude - Sure be grand).

Battlefront and Hardline generally went off without much trouble apart from the expected heavy traffic from release (despite the issues which plagued the games from within) I think with all the work that was done and eventually added to BF4 from the CTE Program, if they use that as a general starting point then they should be good to go.

In comparison from the BF4 Beta to release the game didn't even look completely finished albeit I only played the beta on PS3 (Straining the team having to cover such a wide platform accessibility may also have caused corners to be cut). The BF1 Beta seemed fine, apart from the servers being taken down by some children with nothing better to be doing, it seems worlds apart from what we originally experienced. I think they shouldn't be much trouble at release because if there is EA will be absolutely hounded and by extension; DICE. (Or Vice Versa)

Dcully wrote: »
    ea access sub?

Origin yea. Can't go wrong for €4 per month. Sure I'd spend more than that on any AAA title and there's access to plenty of games that more than make up for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Cinematic Tool coming to consoles:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Noxin wrote: »
    Origin yea. Can't go wrong for €4 per month. Sure I'd spend more than that on any AAA title and there's access to plenty of games that more than make up for the price.

You only get 2 levels of SP and a bit of MP with that tho?
    Five maps and four modes will be available, including St. Quentin Scar, Amiens, Sinai Desert, Fao Fortress and Suez in the Conquest, Rush, Operations, and Domination modes. There’s also a taste of the singleplayer campaign, with the missions Storm of Steel and Through Mud and Blood. Your progress carries over, too, if you decide to buy the full game after your Play First Trial ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dreamers75 wrote:

It's only a trial.

But you also get lots of other full games included like mass effect, dead space, BF4 and hardline etc.. All full versions of the games

dreamers75 wrote: »

Yea 10 hours total and one or two single player levels afaik.

But Origin Access overall is worth it imo. Plenty of games there to make up for the price. Mass Effect trilogy. Crysis trilogy. Plants Vs Zombies 2 which is actually good fun. Mindless stupid shooter but good fun. Lots more.

And they add new games fairly often.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

those 10 hours are going to be excruciating, do I use all 10 for multiplayer or do I give the single player a fair whack?

It'll be 5 levels in the single player

the prologue which is 1 mission

and the through mud and steel war story which has 4 missions I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    those 10 hours are going to be excruciating, do I use all 10 for multiplayer or do I give the single player a fair whack?

Get a bit of a foundation on the multiplayer since progress carries over! Tackle the single player in one sitting when it's properly released when you don't have to break it up, the 10 hours will go quite quickly! save yourself the storyline constipation if its suddenly cut offf!

Seriously hoping they up the difficulty for the Single Player. BF3 and BF4 Single Player could be completed on the hardest difficulty in a couple of hours with little strain.

Since they have the game looking spectacular it'd be a treat to have a "constant under fire" feel to add to the immersion.

BlitzKrieg wrote:

I'd use it for the mp and keep the singleplayer for when the servers are down on launch

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

I already decided I'm gonna kick into the single player first. Probably play through whatever is available in the 10 hours and use whats left over on MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Should have some weapons from the SP carry over to the MP as an incentive to play through it. Alot of peeps would never dream of doing a SP campaign its online fookery or nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

They did that in BF4. You got the p90 from SP and an AR and LMG. Not sure if you could pick them up outside SP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Should have some weapons from the SP carry over to the MP as an incentive to play through it. Alot of peeps would never dream of doing a SP campaign its online fookery or nothing!

No they shouldn't, they pulled that crap with BF4. You should unlock online weapons, online. The single player actually looks decent for the first time since Bad Company, no incentive needed. I'm convinced the single player is only there to give the new hoarde of COD players somewhere to hide and recuperate after their introduction to 64 player carnage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Hi guy's, new to battlefield hope you's don't mind me dropping in pre ordered Battlefield 1 last week have it downloaded waiting for the 13 to play, played battlefield 4 on ea access the last few weeks to get the hang of it, haven't played a shooter since ps1, I'm coming across from Assassins Creed game's so my skills are rather limited so far till I get up to speed, the single player looks class in the trailers, no idea what to expect in online battles, hence I'm here looking to find some genuine I believe clans that can teach a newbie on Xbox,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Gonna bite the bullet on this today, but I am buying the standard edition not the deluxe (not worth it) or the Ultimate Edition as funds are tight at the moment and €130 for a UE game is tasty to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Is there anyone getting the game off of CD key sites, do they deliver them in time for the preload on origin ??

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Is there anyone getting the game off of CD key sites, do they deliver them in time for the preload on origin ??

The last time I used Kinguin to buy an Origin game, it was delivered on official release. In this case that would be the 21st.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I was going to buy the Ultimate but the first DLC isn't out until March... by which stage the Premium package will come with 2345893645698 loot crates and cost 30 euro :):p

Seriously, not prepared to put 130 down on an EA game even if it is BF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

DeVore wrote:
    I was going to buy the Ultimate but the first DLC isn't out until March... by which stage the Premium package will come with 2345893645698 loot crates and cost 30 euro

DeVore wrote:
    Seriously, not prepared to put 130 down on an EA game even if it is BF.

I think you would be mad to , I paid €64 for the premium ( game plus all dlc ) BF 4 PC pre-release and while I thought it was a bargain I wouldn't be game to pay much more .

DeVore wrote:
    I was going to buy the Ultimate but the first DLC isn't out until March... by which stage the Premium package will come with 2345893645698 loot crates and cost 30 euro

I was the same I thought there was Dlc coming out in November for some reason until I read the description the other day settled on the deluxe edtion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

fergus1001 wrote: »

I joined Origin Access last week, BF1 is showing as 'Coming Soon' in 'Play First Trials' - does this mean I will be able to download the entire game and play for 10 hours from the 13th? Then when I get my key from Cdkeys, I should be able to redeem the code and play straight away from the 21st? 10 hours would certainly whet the appetite.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

10 hours of play from the 13th??

sure what would I do on the 14th then? :) >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thought my time with the Battlefield series had come to an end after,IMO,the disaster that was BF4. The first 6-8 months it was sh**e and thats when i spent most of my time with the game.

But after playing and enjoying the BF1 beta and considering all my mates are getting it im gonna chance it again. The fact they have changed up the setting and giving old school weapons is part of the appeal for me. If it had just been another modern day shooter like BF3 and 4 i wouldnt have bothered.

Currently on night work and im off the 21st so im gonna binge on it the first day and night,provided the servers hold up,and i dont get too drunk and fall asleep mid game!

Advertisement