Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    If you have a PC do you really need to ask that? Lol

I know but its a few years old.Could do with an upgrade.
    Friends are split between all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hellrazer wrote: »
    First world problem here.

Do I go XB1,PS4 or PC!!!!!!
    PC.

You can always get new friends :P

*Depends how your PC handles it. Google your graphics card and Battlefield 1 to see if someone has benchmarked it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

is it really he case that the majority are having issues with this? anyone i have played with or spoken to is having no issues, i know there are problems for many but didn't think it was anywhere near the vast majority that is being suggested here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

no problems on xbox, just sayin :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

mossym wrote: »
    is it really he case that the majority are having issues with this? anyone i have played with or spoken to is having no issues, i know there are problems for many but didn't think it was anywhere near the vast majority that is being suggested here

I've no problems. Get some slowdown to mid 40's during intense firefights but that's once or twice per conquest game.
    I've everything set to Ultra with a GTX1060.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Go 0.5th world. Go PS4 Pro ;)

IvoryTower wrote: »
    no problems on xbox, just sayin :cool:

30fps. big problem :)

(and that's coming from somone who plays mostly on xbox, BF is the first recent game i've gone all in on pc for)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I5 3570k oc'd to 4ghz, 8gb ram, 1060. Runs dx12 ultra at 1080 over 60 fps. I've had some server disconnects but apart from that no crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Bugs me when im in a squad and the leader wont set objectives. When im in a squad with the lads, I do be hounding them to set objectives :pac: im sure there sick of it at this stage but I couldnt care.

Finally got 5 of us on tonight and won about 4-5 games of operations on the trot, such a fun gamemode! The intensity is what gets me going.

Have had players leave the squad I've been hounding them that much think the game would give me squad leader, No. Its the little things that get you the extra points like laying down an order on a flag you are on to get the squad bonuses. A Few times have had the squad leader lay down an order to defend G flag on Sanai the beta map when the whole squad is heading for the canyon after taking C. He was the only one over there.

Actually have had squad leaders message me saying "I will" after I ask him to put orders on objectives, he never did. Pure clownage I tell ya.
    Noxin wrote: »
    Where'd ye hear that? I've visited the app many times since it's been out. In game stats are all fine.. Now I'm afraid to.

Heard? Done it and it reset my loadouts! Haven't customised through the mobile app only the website companion.

I've no problems on medium settings with a mediocre card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Zero problems for me, some server disconnects but game runs perfectly and no framerate issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Zero problems for me, some server disconnects but game runs perfectly and no framerate issues.
    I should hope not with a GTX 1080.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I should hope not with a GTX 1080.

Haha, yeah, of course, but I have it at 1440p ultra and supersampled closer to 4K and it's still running just perfectly, so I don't think there are any inherent issues with the game's performance.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Here are the details of the Battlefield 1 Update 10242016. Unless specifically noted, these updates apply to all platforms.

General
    Fix for one common and one uncommon client crash.
    Fixed a potential soft freeze in single player campaign connected to AI.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
    Fixed an issue when trying to join multiple servers.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
    Fixed an issue where players were missing “The Insider” Dog Tag.
    Tweaked calculations of values in End of Round.
    PC: Fixed an occasional crash when a user shutdown the game.
    PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
    PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.
    Xbox One: Fix for the "Trench Raider" Dog Tag not unlocking on Xbox One.
    UI
    Fixed two issues in the “Through Mud and Blood” War Story where no new objectives would appear.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced wrong info in loading screen.
    Fixed an issue where players were missing the Dog Tag counter.
    Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
    PC: Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced End of Round screen not loading.
    Graphics
    Fixed a crash related to soldier animation.
    Fixed a graphical glitch when exiting a War Story and going to the main menu.
    Fixed an issue where players experienced player icon overlapping while matchmaking on console.
    PC: Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.
    PC: Fix for a graphical issue causing artifacts in shadows.

Future patch notes can be found here should be anyway.
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Only 700mb-ish on XB1

703.02MB on PC

i'm running 1440p ultra on a 1070 with no issues so no surprises your 1080 is rocking it.

initial responses would say it's far from the majority that are having issues. that would tie in with most of the stuff i've read. there are defintiely issues that need to be resolved to get everyone playing, but i don't think people should be put off buying thinking it's your lucky day if the game plays for you

Seems like there are no Irish Conquest servers online at the minute which would suggest that they only bring Irish online when there is a sudden influx of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

No its not the majority of people far from it, but there certainly is a huge number of people having severe performance issues making the game "barely" playable. But there is a majority having issues but not making it unplayable, server icons (which are meant to be able to turn off) intermittent freezes usual launch stuff I suppose.

Its only when you actually go looking for answers for a problem you will see the issues alot of peeps having, but its a cracker of a game its just a shame I cant enjoy it like nvidia says "THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED" lol.

Seems like there are no Irish Conquest servers online at the minute which would suggest that they only bring Irish online when there is a sudden influx of players.

yeah, after the pubs close!!!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

i'm running 1440p ultra on a 1070 with no issues so no surprises your 1080 is rocking it.

initial responses would say it's far from the majority that are having issues. that would tie in with most of the stuff i've read. there are defintiely issues that need to be resolved to get everyone playing, but i don't think people should be put off buying thinking it's your lucky day if the game plays for you

Runs absolutely smooth as butter for me too on a laptop with a 1070 on Ultra. I haven't even bothered to install the Game Ready driver for it.

Runs absolutely smooth as butter for me too on a laptop with a 1070 on Ultra. I haven't even bothered to install the Game Ready driver for it.

Ahhh here you are taking the piss now......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Would you consider upgrading to Win 10? Seems to be the most obvious variable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Sorry :o

I am on Windows 10 though, dubious as to whether that would realistically make any difference. It certainly shouldn't.

Would you consider upgrading to Win 10? Seems to be the most obvious variable.

No, not for a game tbh. But I get where you are coming from, If I taught for one minute it was my rig or win 7 64Bit then yes of course.

I know this will be sorted but it will take time, apparently alot of peeps over on BF1 forums are saying the problem is purely on 64 player servers!!

If I remember correctly its all I have been playing on so I might check out the lower player servers and see whats what.....bayonets crossed it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

A WW1 shooter I think wont be fun, the limited weapons and vehicles will hamper it and well it will just be trench warfare.

How wrong you were :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Playing as a medic class is great craic.

see a load of fellas down for revives, do my work and pop em all back up, then I get downed myself a few seconds later, does any one of the 3 or 4 fellas I just revived pick me up? do they f*ck. They also need to bring back the mechanic from hardline where you could help yourself to meds or ammo from the backpacks of other players.

I dunno is it an influx of noobs to the series or what, BF4 was never as bad as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Spent an entire match at F (The lone farm with the AA gun) on Saint Quentin's Scar sitting on the AA shooting down planes and defending F when needed. I was in my own squad and i set my order to defend F and at the end of the round i came second and got the highlight for most squad score in the game :pac: A nice example of how bad squad leaders are in random games...

Spent an entire match at F (The lone farm with the AA gun) on Saint Quentin's Scar sitting on the AA shooting down planes and defending F when needed. I was in my own squad and i set my order to defend F and at the end of the round i came second and got the highlight for most squad score in the game :pac: A nice example of how bad squad leaders are in random games...

Its beyond a joke at this stage constantly requesting orders and no one dishing them out that is in multiple squads of losing teams.

Holy balls just figured out that you can set the keybinds for a controller by using a custom layout in controls options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

Have to admit I'm enjoying BF1. Havent played since BF2 . Still kinda running around like a headless chicken but getting better.

As the last few posts point out whats the story with squad play (or lack of it)?

I'm not the best but will play my part.Game starts and the squad splits up in 4 different directions , no instructions,nothing. End up doing my own thing and helping randomers.

Its too large a game for everyone to go lone wolf and do their own thing. Some games have been steam rolled by over 300 points!

Love some of the maps..the one in the city and that forest one is excellent.

Highlight of the game so far has to be playing with my 14 yr old son who died in a door way....I kept revivng him only for him to die again....and again...and again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Can someone explain how orders with on PS4? How do you give them if you're squad leader? Any tactics preferable?

• Advertisement

Can someone explain how orders with on PS4? How do you give them if you're squad leader? Any tactics preferable?

Double tap R1 RB or Q or hold those buttons to set the squad order so simple right?!

Advertisement