Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Any tips for complete Noobs to the BF game?

Played a few games last night and really struggling, most matches getting killed 12-15 times with only 3-4 kills. As a medic how do you revive someone?

Thanks all. Game looks amazing.

You use the syringe to revive. Holding the key/button down longer before applying it increases the amount of health healed. But don't be one of those medics that just revives someone when there's an enemy still there to cut them down immediately, and at least throw down a med pack if you don't revive them with much health or are pressed for time.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Played a few games last night and really struggling, most matches getting killed 12-15 times with only 3-4 kills. As a medic how do you revive someone?

Best Tip: "Learn to Spot and do it always"
    PS4 = R1
    Xbox = RB (I think)
    PC = Q (I think)

Spotting makes the enemy visible of the mini-map and shows a red indicator above their head for everyone on your team for a limited time.

Main thing you can do is when playing as a Medic or Support is to always be dropping ammo/health bags or crates. Default medic and support have bags from the very start and crates can be bought with Warbonds.

To revive people just have your syringe equipped and watch for blue/green Skull within a white circle above fallen allies (If this is flashing it means they are skipping to the deployment screen and will not be eligible for a revive) and just jab them with it the same way you would fire a weapon normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The gas grenades are the best for heavy tanks.If one or two lads throw a gas grenades at a heavy tank, that's four grenades.You end up killing the enemy inside and able to rob their tank. Same with capping the B flag on Suez, run straigh to the flag without Stopping at A or C and just throw gas to stop the enemy progressing. Any ones that do get through have low health from running threw the gas and can be picked off easy enough.
    The resuply on grenades from ammo boxes is insanely quick, something that needs to be patched tbh, especially when people start to cop onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Smoke grenades are a proper deterrent as well. Great for covering your position on a CP your defending or making it harder for a Zepp to target your side.

Dont think of this game as "I have to get loads of kills", make sure you are playing the objective and helping your squad. Kills will come but dont be the lone wolf that goes off on his own looking to Rambo it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Find yourself a decent squad with a leader who leads (why not yourself?), keep throwing the med packs, reviving, spotting and play the objective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Gas grenades are great, but annoying for teammates that can't get a warning. I'll always lob them into sniper hideouts, or into an enemy assault to slow them down and hold off on aimed shots.

They're also great if you're the only one that's made it to the point and are being tracked. Cuts down the visibility loads.

I wish people would use the actual smoke grenades more though, they're amazing for assaulting fortifications.

Also, the mortar artillery truck can drop both smoke and gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Game has so much possibility...but some things are driving me mad...

Origin for one...., it's so bad. I wish they made it as it's own launchable game ala BF2.

In the menus...can you message your friends without pressing Shift + F1 to do it through origin ?
    Trying to set up a group of friends and join the same server can be a pain in the hole

Also, you press Shift + F1 to open Origin tab, but half the time it doesn't close it, you have to click outside of the box.

Then there's the ingame bugs, like spawning in a vehicle..but not being able to drive or move it's turrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My favorite bug.

Spawning on a horse and volia there I am with no horse :o

anyone seen me horse.... anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

My favorite bug.

Spawning on a horse and volia there I am with no horse :o

anyone seen me horse.... anyone???

I don't know if it's yours but there's a horse outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I don't know if it's yours but there's a horse outside.
    Sell him to Tesco.... I dont want him back :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They are working on Joystick support supposedly,(they tweeted about it) but it should have shipped with the game as with all previous Battlefields.
    I'm talking about a Joystick, not joypads/controllers btw.

Think you'll find that using j2k is the same thing DICE will be doing to give you joystick support.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Had a good run lastnight with my M95 bolt action infantry version with no scope just ironsights, so so satisfying to play but tough going in close quarters :)

Spawned in a tank towards end of game and got a15 kill streak :P

bf1_2016_10_24_17_17_11_20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

man the UI is horrible.

Hal1 wrote: »

holy sh1t! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Funny anybody experience this

Your playing away and bang you loose audio altogether. So basically your playing most of the match with no audio

I exit, play a youtube vid, all perfect

Weird

Headshot wrote: »

Your playing away and bang you loose audio altogether. So basically your playing most of the match with no audio

Weird

You on the new nvidia drivers? What is set to the default soundcard? Was the browser open or closed before audio disconnected? closed=Reinitialised driver link to browser open=still on same link before dropout.

If on new nvidia drivers did you install audio driver too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

In game, in both web app and mobile app it says im only assault rank 7. But to unlock the Hellriegel ya have to be rank ten anyways dont ya? Weird. It also shows the wrong stats for what score I have in game modes. Saying I have like 300k score in war pigeons and ive never even had a game of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You on the new nvidia drivers? What is set to the default soundcard? Was the browser open or closed before audio disconnected? closed=Reinitialised driver link to browser open=still on same link before dropout.

If on new nvidia drivers did you install audio driver too?

Ya new Nvidia driver alright, everything is grand there.

I took it to be the servers are having issues since I was driving a tank and just disappears underneath me and couldn't move turrents or change seats in a tank

This was all in the last 30mins, i bet its server level issue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Headshot wrote: »

Weird

Pretty sure this bug has been a Battlefield staple for years now. Nice to see they're consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Dunno about other platforms but on Xbox the amount of Blueberries giving out health, ammo and more importantly reviving is the most ive seen in all my years playing a battlefield game.Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Could do with more but people seem to be slowly getting the hang of playing their role.

Nothing worse than the dreaded medic 10mtrs,9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 , 2, 1 omg yes 2, 3 , 4 SKIP

Seen a reddit post suggesting that medics should be able to spot your dead remains to tell you they are on the way and are going to revive you. It will more than likely be a feature in a future update great suggestion imo.

Nothing worse than making your way to a team-mate and killing the players that killed the downed player only to have the player down skip to spawn screen! You should be able to accept a revive too why that's not a feature is mad I tell you. It doesn't count as a double death though if you die just after been revived not sure if you lose a ticket from the first death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I don't think I will be purchasing another BF game. I didn't buy that mech warrior crap, or hardon or that other star wars rip off. I kinda wish that BF4 was the last game I bought, and I am very happy that I haven't bought the expansions.

It's either the weapons are incredibly shít or the team is incredibly shít. What's with the phenomenon of locking out squads with 1-2 players in them? And squad leaders not doing jack. The game is anti team play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Caillte wrote: »
    How wrong you were :P

I was wrong. its not trench warfare and I am enjoying it.

Its good, better than the overpriced expansion pack 'call of need for hardline'

But.....

Imo its not as good as BF3 or 4( BF4 in its current state not launch state) and my rose tinted nostalgic view of 2142.

The weapon choices are poor, 3 slightly different variants of 4 or so different weapons per class, For service star whhhhhhoooooooores like myself having to get one for each variant is bs.

Vehicles are good I like the tanks and planes and they way they went with them. Elites and behemoths add to the rounds in both good and bad ways but over all I dont mind them.

WW1 was a risky choice and they did it well.
    COD looks terrible n comparison and will only sell super well because of the remaster of MW1 (oh and fanboys).

I still would of prefered a WW2 setting or follow up to 2142.

I don't think I will be purchasing another BF game. I didn't buy that mech warrior crap, or hardon or that other star wars rip off. I kinda wish that BF4 was the last game I bought, and I am very happy that I haven't bought the expansions.

It's either the weapons are incredibly shít or the team is incredibly shít. What's with the phenomenon of locking out squads with 1-2 players in them? And squad leaders not doing jack. The game is anti team play.

Locked squads are partied players locked by default!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Locked squads are partied players locked by default!

Whats worse is the new/old bug if you join in a group but squad is full it locks you out of joining other squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Think you'll find that using j2k is the same thing DICE will be doing to give you joystick support.

I'll try it tonight then.

Advertisement