Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    In fairness you dont have to be a bleeding doctor spock to revive someone!!! I concur with Cully on this one, some of the play is just dam right piss poor. Squad leader is not for everyone I get that, some folks are only getting to grips with staying alive never mind clicking on orders and checking maps left right and centre.

Doctor spock?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

(Sometimes wonder is this a PC spec forum of BF1 forum)

Anyway, squad leader removal is coming soon I hear. Yippie.

Next thing needed is a buff for all support class weapons. I used the lewis gun with bipod and it made no sense. It is stable for long range but to kill someone at long range takes 6 shots.

Pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I just can't use those rifles. Medic is my second most used class but I'd say about a third of my medic kills are with pistols :pac: I liked shorter range weapons with medics in previous BF games because you're usually charging in to revive people and it's nice to have something you can spray with on the move. I'd settle for a shotgun actually.

The factory Rigotti is probably my favorite weapon in the game.I primarily use it on single shot but its good to on automatic too.Its my go to weapon so far out of all assault weapons.Recoil is easy to deal with too and it fires as quick as you pull the trigger.Used the Selbstlader in the beta a good bit.It has a 26 round mag but i haven't really used it that much since release.

Have had some good moments with it.Love the bayonet on it too:D

http://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/6d20a67a-7469-4f21-a34b-93e96092cc79
    http://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/c8fd6b51-60f2-4e65-a0af-ef2330e7e911
    http://xboxclips.com/In4Ab8tin/c48b814b-8a03-4172-a922-abe4ac2a0ce0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

(Sometimes wonder is this a PC spec forum of BF1 forum)

Anyway, squad leader removal is coming soon I hear. Yippie.

Next thing needed is a buff for all support class weapons. I used the lewis gun with bipod and it made no sense. It is stable for long range but to kill someone at long range takes 6 shots.

Pointless

What like vote to kick? Where did you here that?

Should be a threshold of squad orders in order to be leader or a ranking system for leader. How likely you are to dish out orders!

If the a squad leader aint blowing that whistle he aint a good squad leader:D
    Best thing to do is just create your own squad or you know just play with friends:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Doctor spock?

The incredibly intellectual on star trek....any come on lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dcully wrote: »
    Some amount of lemmings playing the game.
    If its not medics that are 1M away from you that dont revive its squad leaders totally oblivious to order requests,or its just clueless players in general.
    I went 54-0 in a tank on a game of conquest,some good play but a hell of a lot of fools just doing silly things made it so easy for me.
    Never seen such a poor standard of players for a PC multiplayer game.

It's the first week of the game.
    People are still buying it, so many are low ranks and having their first experiences on the maps.
    Most are still trying new kits, vehicles for the first time....it's not often you can get a tank, so many still aren't experience. It's not like BF2,3,4 where you had convoys of APCs and Tanks.
    Also mentioned by another is peoples general varying skill levels.
    Another factor would be that most servers are 64man, so many people assume someone else will take care of said tank/vehicle.

Come back in 6 months when people have a good grasp of the game and are well experienced with taking out tanks etc and I think you'll find it a lot harder than week 1 vrs complete noobs and players learning new kits and trying things outs for themselves.

BF1 menu is driving me mad.
    I can see I have 3 friends playing the game....but I can't right click their name and get options such as join game etc.
    I can't seem to filter servers by ones that my friends are playing either, in fact...I can't even see which ones they're on.
    Also, I can view a servers info...but not the current score. I'd be more inclined to join a server near the start of the game than the end.
    Also if I saw 1 team completely destroying another in the scores....with some guys going 80-2 I wouldn't be going on there....but alas...you can't view that info.

Then the hassle of trying to make a squad with people.....can you even have a group chat on origin ?
    Then there's the voice comms...you can't make a channel for a group in the game(menu), and not sure you can do a group voice through origin either.

Anytime I boot up the game(menu) and have to click back to Origin to do anything it just annoys me, has done since BF3.
    I don't understand why they can't just have everything within the client....Origin is such a shambles.

We ended up using Discord (like Teamspeak/Ventrilo) to try get a game set up together.

With regards to all of the above, there might be said things in Origin/Menus....but I've not found them, which means they're not obvious...IF they're there.

I am not Origins biggest fan either TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

The new UI and menus are still the biggest red flags being raised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Someone please give me a reason to use the medic class rifles with the 5 bullet clip (other than variety)

Their damage is no more than the others guns with higher mag count so the guns seems pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

no reason at all, just need to unlock something else asap

whats the story with getting a tank. if you select a tank at the start do you have time to change the type of tank or will someone take it on you? Like if you move over to pick tank does it hold it for you until youre ready to spawn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It appears to hold it for you once you're the first person to click on the tank icon, then you have time to select what class tank you want. Not sure if there's an actual time limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

I love the medic rifles but they are so inacurate even with scope and dont see to do much damage compared to their auto counter parts. The purist in me loves the feel and aesthetic of them but I think I am going to have to start using autos. Support LMGs seem to be a bit on the weak side too. Or may im just ****e..:)

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    The new UI and menus are still the biggest red flags being raised.

Great video.
    He details a lot of the problems very well. Hopefully DICE will take a look at most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

It appears to hold it for you once you're the first person to click on the tank icon, then you have time to select what class tank you want. Not sure if there's an actual time limit.

Doesn't always and it's a very bad system. Need a customization option from the menu. The current system is balls.

i accidentally selected an anti aircraft jeep thingy twice in a rush to get the tank, id say that pissed a few people off, absolutely useless, was minced in seconds both times

It gives you some time to look at the different packages available for each vehicle and select appropriately, as soon as you move your cursor off the vehicle spawn it will open up to the team. They should allow vehicle customisation regardless whether a vehicle is present or not.

However there is a strange glitch present where you will spawn as the appropriate class (Tanker, Pilot, Cavalry) at your deployment on foot (falling in the sky in you chose a plane).

can anyone repair the tank or do you have ot be support?

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »

However there is a strange glitch present where you will spawn as the appropriate class (Tanker, Pilot, Cavalry) at your deployment on foot (falling in the sky in you chose a plane).

i noticed that yesterday, i spawned on foot with the calvary rifel and sword

IvoryTower wrote: »

Only support, driver or a pilot. Whoever has the wrench basically.

IvoryTower wrote: »

Support, *Tanker, *Pilot come equipped with a repair tool. These are the only ones that can repair it from the outside.

The driver can repair it (while inside it) with the cost of movement and weapons for about 15 - 20 seconds. There is also an Emergency repair function that come with some vehicle packages which will instantly recover around 30% of the vehicle's health.

What do you think lads, would you like Dice to do a DLC of the battle of the Somme?I know the trench warfare aspect would be hard to get right, but I'd love to see some rendition of it. Maybe it might be just to f***in horrendous to put in game format I don't know. Verdun would be another on I would be interested in seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Verdun would be another on I would be interested in seeing.

Not until the French army is introduced in a future DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

They need to increase the repair cycles for the wrench. With the assault class being so effective in taking out tanks and collectively being able to decimate a tank with two players working together it would balance the OP'ness of assault players vs. tank. It would still be a risk to repair while in combat as a support player would have to leave the tank but it would be a fair fight then imo. I said it in the beta and i'll say it again ITS A TANK!

The side you get in a tank and the side you exit is a bit thick, get in the left side of a landship and existing on the left or the side of the tank you are sitting in. Got in the left side of a tank that was damaged but had 25 HP still and was not moving killed the muppets that got out of the tank on the flag then existed on the right side only to be sniped by a hill wanker across the map. If it remembered what side you are on or more importantly gave you the choice of which exit you would like to get out it would be far more strategic for players who can repair especially the driver who would want to repair in or just after combat just to get the tank moving. It is a greater risk to repair from the outside of the tank if there is enemies looking at you why should you have a useless wrench to do it!

What do you think lads, would you like Dice to do a DLC of the battle of the Somme?I know the trench warfare aspect would be hard to get right, but I'd love to see some rendition of it. Maybe it might be just to f***in horrendous to put in game format I don't know. Verdun would be another on I would be interested in seeing.

It would be great to have an 'over the top' mode on a dark, dreary, depressing map with a landscape of trenches, shattered buildings, barb wire, mud and craters - ala the opening scenes in the campaign.

An assault mode, sort of like operations, but heavily favoring the defenders with each team getting turns to attack and defend - the winning team is whoever progressed furthest into the enemies lines.

One team gets to line up in the trenches with rifles, mortars and machine guns - but a lower player count. Meanwhile the other team has double or triple the numbers but has to climb out and advance across no-mans land at the blow of the whistle and try and capture the main trench, secondary trench and reserve trench.

Not sure 'great craic' is the appropriate phrasing here but it would be good fun if both sides got equal turns attacking and defending and it would be a vaguely authentic game mode.

It would be great to have an 'over the top' mode on a dark, dreary, depressing map with a landscape of trenches, shattered buildings, barb wire, mud and craters - ala the opening scenes in the campaign.

An assault mode, sort of like operations, but heavily favoring the defenders with each team getting turns to attack and defend - the winning team is whoever progressed furthest into the enemies lines.

One team gets to line up in the trenches with rifles, mortars and machine guns - but a lower player count. Meanwhile the other team has double or triple the numbers but has to climb out and advance across no-mans land at the blow of the whistle and try and capture the main trench, secondary trench and reserve trench.

Not sure 'great craic' is the appropriate phrasing here but it would be good fun if both sides got equal turns attacking and defending and it would be a vaguely authentic game mode.

Exactly that. And if the DLC mode is marketed as this people cant give out that it is unfair as they know what the are buying into.

Guys did you know that if you take the bayonet of the guns it improves scope quickness and handling! So if you never charge with it (I dont) take it off and get an improve to gun handling.

• Advertisement

Cool, I didn't know that. Though I do charge the odd time to reduce the slog between points, but never actually targeted anyone.

Advertisement