Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Guys did you know that if you take the bayonet of the guns it improves scope quickness and handling! So if you never charge with it (I dont) take it off and get an improve to gun handling.

You know I had thought about this (why is there an option to take it off?) But then forgot to test it. I never charge so bayonet is coming off. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

always have a giggle when a sector is cleared in operations and everyone charges

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

IvoryTower wrote: »
    always have a giggle when a sector is cleared in operations and everyone charges

When the whistles goes and every one roars then the music swells? Stroke of pure brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Cool, I didn't know that. Though I do charge the odd time to reduce the slog between points, but never actually targeted anyone.

Just a heads up, bayonet charging is actually slower over distance than just running. The slow down after the charge is almost a walking pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

so best to use it when you're within reach and can have a sit down when you're capturing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

IvoryTower wrote: »
    so best to use it when you're within reach and can have a sit down when you're capturing it

I would only use when going to bayonet the other team, if your rushing into a flag could very easily get hit and killed by a sniper as happened me more then a few time's

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I occasionally use charge if I get caught in the open under sniper fire and need to get to cover, but it's such a rare thing that the benefit of improved weapon handling would far outweigh it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Loving the game but it needs 3rd party servers so communities can get things up and running.
    Nothing like playing on servers with regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well I did a brand new fresh install of win 7 and no improvement performance wise so its not a software conflict or the like.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

My mate told me that the horseman has more armor/health than normal soldiers.
    I knew that the horse is basically a tank (sometimes it seems impossible to kill) ...but I wasn't aware of the solider having more health.

Anyways, I was playing last night as said soldier, got off my horse pretty early...and went on a 10-15 kill killstreak...all melee. He uses his sword obviously...just ran straight up to people who were shooting right at me and drove it through their stomachs. Horseman has healthpacks too...so I could kill..run into a building..heal...and go out on a mad one again.

Sidenote, planes are hard and require a much different thought process than previous games.
    The hitbox seems to be a lot smaller in dogfights, they move so much slower...but the main thing I find is that a FIGHTER...which you would think would be about air superiority...will often lose to a big slow bomber....due to the 2 men he has on turrets for him...they shred other planes.

Also...if you get in a mini-tank...you have 4 things. What are they exactly.... ?
    1. Normal anti-tank shell
    2. Anti-personnel shell ? does it spread ?
    3. No idea...looks like a wrench in a set of tracks...but X is to repair...is it to heal other tanks ?
    4. Drop medkits and ammo for people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Is this worth a buy lads? I was pretty OK at battlefield 4 and I'm looking at this or titanfall as my next dose of shooty action. I realise they are quite different games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Stolen from Reddit but it made may laugh

Warning: It doesn't loop so it ends abruptly

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xTQN4WvwA6Ctm8/source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Also...if you get in a mini-tank...you have 4 things. What are they exactly.... ?
    1. Normal anti-tank shell
    2. Anti-personnel shell ? does it spread ?
    3. No idea...looks like a wrench in a set of tracks...but X is to repair...is it to heal other tanks ?
    4. Drop medkits and ammo for people

I actually find the planes to be much easier to fly than previous games without having to worry too much about Anti-Air (except for the emplaced Anti-Air guns). I haven't had too much trouble with bombers especially as the Fighter plane can be improved with the "Bomber Killer" package which is coupled with explosive rounds. I find attacking a bomber from the top/bottom much more effective due to a better chance to clip the wings.

There's 3 different tank packages to choose from:

Light Close Support Tank
    37mm breech-loading gun
    Canister Shell
    Poison Gas (On your position)
    Medkit

Light Flanker Tank
    20mm auto-cannon

Light Howitzer Tank
    8mm machine gun
    75mm gun
    Emergency repair
    Smokescreen (Also on your position)

The anti-personnel shell doesn't spread too heavily but it can do decent damage from close to medium range targets.

"Wrench in a set of tracks" is the Emergency Repair, it's a repair function which will instantly recover around 30% of the vehicle's health. It also takes about 45 seconds (if not longer) to cool down)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Is this worth a buy lads? I was pretty OK at battlefield 4 and I'm looking at this or titanfall as my next dose of shooty action. I realise they are quite different games.

I'd be extremely biased, but yeah, it's definitely worth it. Couple of niggly stuff that I'm sure will be sorted quickly, none of it gameplay however. Little menu and UI stuff. The gunplay I find particularly satisfying to be honest. I loved the vehicles in BF3 and BF4 but I find I'm spending almost all my time now as infantry. Cannot recommend it enough.

Specifically for the newer guys

You only get extra armour on horses if you spawn on it from menu, its not extra health you can just take more damage. Personally I think they are so overpowered and ruin the game I really do. I have shot the assault rockets at them and nothing then you get sliced, even if it took 2 tries to kill it be something or instant death if hit from behind. But for me they take away the realism from the game.

If you rob a horse you dont get the extra armour btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I was like Zorro on the horse last night. Enemy team was cursing me. I'd flank really wide then gallop across their attack line and get 2 kills and disappear to the other side of the map before turning for a return attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm pretty OK with the horses and how they work, though I've yet to even play as one but I have to there's not a huge uptake on them, almost always horses available at spawn. Realistically, they need to have increased resilience and armour. No-one would ever play as them if they could only take the same damage as an infantryman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I been enjoying playing as medic the past couple days it's an easy one for getting good points but as much as medics doing stuff wrong is annoying what's worsee is when your in a team of people that won't hang around after get knocked down iv often tried to get to people but the fekers hold the fast respawn or else I've revived a medic and then get hit myself and he is gone off running. Loving bf1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Stolen from Reddit but it made may laugh

Warning: It doesn't loop so it ends abruptly

400278.gif
    Fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

jayo26 wrote: »
    I been enjoying playing as medic the past couple days it's an easy one for getting good points but as much as medics doing stuff wrong is annoying what's worsee is when your in a team of people that won't hang around after get knocked down iv often tried to get to people but the fekers hold the fast respawn or else I've revived a medic and then get hit myself and he is gone off running. Loving bf1

People don't seem to realise that forcing themselves into deployment doesn't make them respawn quicker it just cancels out the prospect of getting revived, the amount of people that I've witnessed die within 5 metres of me and just immediately going for the deployment screen is ridiculous.

Now I'm fully aware that some people want to change out their kit or swap out a weapon, that's perfectly fine and I've actually done it myself but with the sheer amount of people that do this it's clear that this is the minority of those incidents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Jesus is there even a decision to be made here

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    People don't seem to realise that forcing themselves into deployment doesn't make them respawn quicker it just cancels out the prospect of getting revived, the amount of people that I've witnessed die within 5 metres of me and just immediately going for the deployment screen is ridiculous.

Now I'm fully aware that some people want to change out their kit or swap out a weapon, that's perfectly fine and I've actually done it myself but with the sheer amount of people that do this it's clear that this is the minority of those incidents.

Short version is people are ****ing stupid! !!!!

I messaged a guy to give out for not reviving me and he said he had 20 health and was inside a building. That didn't appear the case on the kill can so there might be a valid reason on the ODD
    occassion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Short version is people are ****ing stupid! !!!!

I messaged a guy to give out for not reviving me and he said he had 20 health and was inside a building. That didn't appear the case on the kill can so there might be a valid reason on the ODD
    occassion :)

Surprising its usually just a straight up Fcuk off. Explains everything you need to know there and then!

Did you know that if you are getting bayonet charged and you charge too, the 2nd person to charge ALWAYS WINS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Did you know that if you are getting bayonet charged and you charge too, the 2nd person to charge ALWAYS WINS!

I love the bayonet charge threw the water in the map with the islands. I can't remember name of that now but it's possible to charge on one island and end up on the other island sticking it into one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Whats with the medic system as in at the end of a round you get your top 5 players. Guy in my squad had 0 kills 28 deaths but a 136 health packs (he was best medic apprantly) or compared to myself who had 16 kills 19 deaths and 46 revives.. would of thought revives would be more important to winning a game in a squad/team especially if your side??

(I always threw a med pack after or before a revive)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

XtraFalcon wrote: »

They also do this and then complain about medics not doing their jobs.

Jaysus medic really do get an awful deal in this game, as someone who plays medic most of the time (rank 11 medic - 43 overall) I find its a case of fooked if you do and fooked if you dont. People only get snotty now if they see medics are around with the distance counter bottom left. Dice should just get rid of it TBH, either a medic is there or he is not. If someone does not want to revive for whatever reason he is not going to and "departed" knowing he is there just causes **** chat in game.

I can understand players not running into fire to heal but I do, and alot of times I die but I feel its worth it I like it I dont know why. Its like the revive is worth more when you revive mid fire fight. However, there has to be a reasonable chance to survive.

Another interesting note I found is that the bandage pouches are much better then the healing crates. You can throw them a huge distance to squad mates & they do not stop healing while under suppression fire unlike the crates which take time to start healing again afterwards. And pouches cannot be destryed by gunfire.....so if you see crates on ground by enemies shoot them.

BTW,

The rank 10 medic gun is such a thing of beauty it is amazing in both looks and sound, shame it only has a 5 bullet capacity but its still my fav gun in game by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Servers down? Got disconnected from game and can't get back

• Advertisement

Ahh ffs, you serious. Just when I pwned the kids off to the granny.

Advertisement