Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Thanks Jelle - have a few warbonds now, but haven't figured how to spend 'em yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Quick couple of questions: What do warbonds get you? And where do you get 'scraps' for the battlepacks?

Gave up the first flying part of the SP yesterday and headed straight for Conquest. Was there nearly 80 players in BF4?!

battlefield has always been 64 player. I really dunno how people play it on the older consoles, only 24 player! I've played battlefield 4 on the 360 and its really....empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Thanks Jelle - have a few warbonds now, but haven't figured how to spend 'em yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSJeRsX0k84

So basically it's this weird system where you can only buy stuff from the Customize screen in-game. It would make a lot more sense to offer a loadout screen like in other games where you can buy/unlock weapons and other stuff.

Haven't done it myself yet, don't have any after all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSJeRsX0k84

So basically it's this weird system where you can only buy stuff from the Customize screen in-game. It would make a lot more sense to offer a loadout screen like in other games where you can buy/unlock weapons and other stuff.

Haven't done it myself yet, don't have any after all :pac:

You can buy gear in the load out screen via the official site.

https://www.battlefield.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

battlefield has always been 64 player. I really dunno how people play it on the older consoles, only 24 player! I've played battlefield 4 on the 360 and its really....empty.

I thought last night it looked like there were 38 players on my team - strange. Either way, really enjoying it. Nice to have BF back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm sick of lying down, or spawning on someone lying down....then an invisible force just pushes me 5 feet forward.

That usually happens if you spawn with the wall to your back. If you try to push yourself while prone all the way into the wall with your back your character would end up "L" shaped on the ground and wall which in most games would push your lower body through the solid object, so having your character move away from the wall automatically (forcefully in this case) while prone is the counter to that issue. It was introduced late in BF3's lifecycle if I recall.
    I thought last night it looked like there were 38 players on my team - strange. Either way, really enjoying it. Nice to have BF back!

If you wait until the end of round scoreboard then it will include players who have left the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You can buy gear in the load out screen via the official site.

https://www.battlefield.com/

Oh, thanks :)

Any word on platoons being implemented into BF1 yet?

The companion is much nicer to use on mobile so if they were used with it, it might be a bit smoother than Battlelog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

They need to sort out the spotting in the game, a lot like the other battlefield games. Had 2 people in my scope last night and it wouldn't spot them no matter how close my cross hairs were.

On the other hand I used the trench periscope and it spotted both of them and another guy in the bush that I never seen. Is spotting supposed to have a limited range or a timeout? Or is it just to give the periscope more usefulness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Any word on platoons being implemented into BF1 yet?

The companion is much nicer to use on mobile so if they were used with it, it might be a bit smoother than Battlelog.

Surprised they didn't have platoons sorted before the launch but then again it is EA we are talking about. Even the squad system is weird. Why have 6 squads of 5 with 2 leftover as a system when its more obvious to have 4 squads of 8 with 0 leftover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't have platoons sorted before the launch but then again it is EA we are talking about. Even the squad system is weird. Why have 6 squads of 5 with 2 leftover as a system when its more obvious to have 4 squads of 8 with 0 leftover?

Or 8 squads of 4!

Written and performed by MiracleofSound (Gavin Dunne)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

They should be offering xtra points for spotting half the time it doesnt work as was said the other half when it does you dont get points......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Prob bit of a newbie question here but started trying out the assault class I love using that rigot factory gun it's good fun for demolition games but just wondering is there any general Idea to the class to bonus up quicker or to help the squad out? I spend most of my time blowing up stuff and holes in walls to get at people.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Prob bit of a newbie question here but started trying out the assault class I love using that rigot factory gun it's good fun for demolition games but just wondering is there any general Idea to the class to bonus up quicker or to help the squad out? I spend most of my time blowing up stuff and holes in walls to get at people.

Apart from the usual follow/issue orders and spotting, there's little you can do.

If you keep an eye out for vehicles (Heavy and Light) make sure you give them a rough time and stick close to a support to take advantage of the fast resupply on the anti-tank gun + grenades.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So does this actually work?

Played the beta on PS4 when it was out.

Decided to buy on Sunday.

Have you to be able to go online EA permanently down for my PS4.

Just can't connect to multilayer at all.

All other games are fine

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Apart from the usual follow/issue orders and spotting, there's little you can do.

If you keep an eye out for vehicles (Heavy and Light) make sure you give them a rough time and stick close to a support to take advantage of the fast resupply on the anti-tank gun + grenades.

Cool that's what I was pretty much thinking it's a fun class to be fair but just seems harder to score points.

For pure ranking up purposes the best class by far is medic, you get points for heals and revives. So be a SL and choose medic you be flying up the ranks, you get more points healing and reviving squad mates over other rif raff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Completely rage quit tonight. Started a quick game, all squads were made up of mostly scouts on the Italian mountain map in conquest. We were being destroyed by 500 points. Played, got 2 flags, but no support. Scouts were just chilling on the hills taking shots when the enemy came out of the bunkers, wondering wtf was going on.

Moved to operations, the Fortress map in the Middle East. Same thing. The only team available were all scouts, and all sitting in the fortress, even though only the first 2 objectives were open. Got destroyed.

Moved to a quick game of rush, got in a squad of 2 medics, a scout and a support. Finally!

Nope, the medics were all 'combat medics' according to mic, and didn't carry first aid or revive. They kept back and sniped. The support was keeping them supplied and sniping with an LMG and mortar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone on PS4 who would be interested in adding me so we can have a few in a squad please work away. PSN markcahill1985 mostly play conquest as medic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

PS4 player here.
    Username: MarkLogan-91

I usually play as medic and assault s I'm either throwing med kits/reviving or trying to take our tanks while I play the objective.

95% of the time I play alone in quick lobbies and it's terrible having to endure campers on my team.

I beg you to add me lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

OldBean wrote: »
    Completely rage quit tonight. Started a quick game, all squads were made up of mostly scouts on the Italian mountain map in conquest. We were being destroyed by 500 points. Played, got 2 flags, but no support. Scouts were just chilling on the hills taking shots when the enemy came out of the bunkers, wondering wtf was going on.

Moved to operations, the Fortress map in the Middle East. Same thing. The only team available were all scouts, and all sitting in the fortress, even though only the first 2 objectives were open. Got destroyed.

Moved to a quick game of rush, got in a squad of 2 medics, a scout and a support. Finally!

Nope, the medics were all 'combat medics' according to mic, and didn't carry first aid or revive. They kept back and sniped. The support was keeping them supplied and sniping with an LMG and mortar...

Some people are deathly afraid of having a negative K/D ratio.

I may not have a great K/D ratio, but you can be quite sure i will be in the Top 5 in any game if i get into the server early or at the start as i will actually be a proper medic and will actively take flags.

Just remember the new Call of Duty is out in a few days, and that will hopefully take a significant amount of the solos away from the game.

Had a great experience today where we were saying "gg" at the end of a round and somone started to say shutup etc....... Definite COD player

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I played this for a few hours last night on PC. My god, it's already getting destroyed by cheaters. Very obvious cheaters. And a list on the top left corner of names getting Fairfight Banned was pretty extensive in each game I played. Was gonna buy it myself but that put me right off..

The list of players getting "BANNED" by fairfight is not in your server! It is just a list of names getting banned that are playing on the entire network of servers.

But there are quite a few getting banned, the latest thing doing my head in is surprising a sniper and they get a shot off and then kill you with the handgun which is bollocks happens far to frequent for my liking and its not like I am shooting toes off these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Anyone on PS4 who would be interested in adding me so we can have a few in a squad please work away. PSN markcahill1985 mostly play conquest as medic.
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    PS4 player here.
    Username: MarkLogan-91

I usually play as medic and assault s I'm either throwing med kits/reviving or trying to take our tanks while I play the objective.

95% of the time I play alone in quick lobbies and it's terrible having to endure campers on my team.

I beg you to add me lol.

PS4 squad up thread Mark's: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101516334#post101516334

Joined 4 games tonite 5 mins in "DISCONNECTION" from EA servers....not connected online bollocks. This is getting to be dismal at this stage......come on DICE ffs this is not your 1st rodeo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've been playing all day long with zero errors! :)

I'm with terror on this one I have only had a handful of disconnect errors ever and that includes beta which is a surprise for an ea game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No issue my end either.

Advertisement