Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

Playing support last night with the suppressed Lewis gun, it's a serious weapon. You can take out players half the map away once you have h bipod out and it's decent up close with hip fire. Seriously improved my kdr, managing to get more than a single kill before dying again. Got to try find some more ps4 players for team work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thank fook COD released last night, half the brain dead zombies will not be in the BF servers now.....lol.

In relation to the support you dont have to change your play style too much to use it. But you do need to pick your battles a little more careful. Obviously you are not as nimble or quick so there is no running around ala assault with the automatico as you cannot strife quick enough, but I deffo dont hang around the edges of the capture point missing points but you can find a nice hidden corner and be very useful.

Spam spam spam ammo creates, and use the mortar selectively as you are quite exposed with it.

By far the best support gun is the MG15 suppressive with no magnification and the extra large clip, its amazing to take out a whole squad without reloading and for suppressing snipers.

Myself and Terror Firmer squaded up last night and played really well #tankrape, but again had to changed squads twice because of braindead Squad Leaders!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Never played a game with fairfight before. Playing today and it's literally ban ban ban. It's some eye opener seeing how many hacking c*nts are out there!

Gas part of that is its probably only a handful of people but they are creating lots of accounts and rehashing the hack until they don't get banned or succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Gas part of that is its probably only a handful of people but they are creating lots of accounts and rehashing the hack until they don't get banned or succeed.

Is the game not tied to the account that is banned though.

Is the game not tied to the account that is banned though.

Well it should be alright but there is most likely a way around that too! Think the fairfight is cross platform as well a global.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

A few things I dislike about this game, the scoreboard is an absolute disaster to get too... When you press pause to go to it it's so slow, why on earth would they not map it to the touch pad on Ps4?....

Medals, what a disaster you join conquest a medal shows you need to play rush to get a medal, you play rush the medal doesn't show up there... Also you have to select a medal individually, sometimes I could get a section of another medal but it won't count so I have to switch the medal ...

Last but not least , loading times is a bit too long...

Other than that, great game...

A few things I dislike about this game, the scoreboard is an absolute disaster to get too... When you press pause to go to it it's so slow, why on earth would they not map it to the touch pad on Ps4?....

Medals, what a disaster you join conquest a medal shows you need to play rush to get a medal, you play rush the medal doesn't show up there... Also you have to select a medal individually, sometimes I could get a section of another medal but it won't count so I have to switch the medal ...

Last but not least , loading times is a bit too long...

Other than that, great game...

Can you not hold select or pause for them to show? You need to select the medal you want to complete. Loading times are sometimes messed up alright that will be fixed I'd say UI still very new!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Can you not hold select or pause for them to show? You need to select the medal you want to complete. Loading times are sometimes messed up alright that will be fixed I'd say UI still very new!

Haven't tried that yet... Yeah but why is it giving me a Rush medal when I am playing Conquest?... Then when I play Rush that medal I Want to get disappears...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Thank fook COD released last night, half the brain dead zombies will not be in the BF servers now.....lol.

Last night I did notice that a lot of the games we played were a lot more evenly balanced. We actually had to fight for points instead of just running A - B - C etc etc. Also I only found a handful of scouts (My trench mace was very disappointed)

I just thought we hit a lucky server with the player base actually copping onto themselves, but the new COD release might also weed out some of the dead weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Snipers, Snipers everywhere, what ever happened on playing the objective?!

Tonight will be my third night online with this new game, the more I play it, the more I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Never mind the scoreboard, the touch pad is for your map which is infinitely more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Medals are seriously pissing me off, they keep coming and going between games.

Jaysus the scout class is just pure tripe it really is. Granted I will admit I dont have the patience to play sniper properly, I find myself getting sucked into grunt like play and being first onto a flag to take it. But all the rifles seem very similar and what is with a sniper rifle with no scope ffs......and dont get me started on this 30m 150m 300m switchable firing mode WTF is that.

Just have it that it can fire at 300m and anything closer will still die! How does this work anyway? if I zoom and set it to 300m when I unzoom and it goes off screen does it reset to the lowest value or does it stay at the 300m. You cant really tell as to press it to get it back up on screen it changes it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Jaysus the scout class is just pure tripe it really is. Granted I will admit I dont have the patience to play sniper properly, I find myself getting sucked into grunt like play and being first onto a flag to take it. But all the rifles seem very similar and what is with a sniper rifle with no scope ffs......and dont get me started on this 30m 150m 300m switchable firing mode WTF is that.

Just have it that it can fire at 300m and anything closer will still die! How does this work anyway? if I zoom and set it to 300m when I unzoom and it goes off screen does it reset to the lowest value or does it stay at the 300m. You cant really tell as to press it to get it back up on screen it changes it again.

If you've it on 300m you can overshoot anything closer, stays at what you set it (not sure between lives but you're going to be changing it anyway).

Varik wrote: »
    If you've it on 300m you can overshoot anything closer, stays at what you set it (not sure between lives but you're going to be changing it anyway).

Which is ridiculous, how can you "overshoot" a bullet to the noggin???

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cheers.

Bullets are affected by gravity, the further they travel, the lower they drop over time.

The adjustment is to represent you setting your scope a few degrees higher to account for this drop.

So, if your sight is set for 300M and the target is only 50m away when you line up the headshot, the bullet has the potential to miss by going over their head.

It's not like call of duty, where bullets hit the target instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Don't know if it's coincidence, but I had much more interesting games with solid squad play this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What an unbelievable match I was in last night

Conquest.

Other team was destroying us but we hung in there and started coming back and it ended 1000 - 999 in our favour

Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cheers.

you've been playing Battlefield for years,,,how could you not know about bullet drop? It's not COD you know ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

But all the rifles seem very similar and what is with a sniper rifle with no scope ffs

They are infact very different, all with different sweet spot ranges ie range that will one shot kill with a round to the chest.
    The only one without this sweet spot mechanic is the M95 which is more like your traditional sniper rifle.

The no scope ones are for the aggressive sniper ie my playstyle :) but requires a lot of skill, when it comes off its a very satisfying playstyle, try it :)

Just ignore that 50m 150m 300m selectable range , its more gimmicky in BF1 than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Dcully wrote: »
    Just ignore that 50m 150m 300m selectable range , its more gimmicky in BF1 than anything else.

I find that the range helps with accuracy. I use an objective nearby to try judge which range to pick.

Played a good few games last night and none of the post-game information was displaying. Couldn't see scores, battlepacks, squad details, etc. Pretty frustrating that there's nowhere you can go to revise that data.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Notorious wrote: »
    Played a good few games last night and none of the post-game information was displaying. Couldn't see scores, battlepacks, squad details, etc. Pretty frustrating that there's nowhere you can go to revise that data.

Happening to me a fair bit as well. Pretty annoying. I'm hoping a few annoyances like this get sorted in a patch soon.

Blazer wrote: »
    you've been playing Battlefield for years,,,how could you not know about bullet drop? It's not COD you know ;)

No, I get the bullet drop and all that. But what I am saying is why not just leave it that you actually had to compensate for the bullet drop instead of pissing around with the V key before every shot. I was asking about the different ranges to see if that if you pick them you dont have to worry about the bullet drop therefore taking the skill out of it.

I was also wondering if you can forget about the V key altogether and just use the snipers the old fashion way...I have not even played one round with the scout class.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I find that the range helps with accuracy. I use an objective nearby to try judge which range to pick.

My point is it really doesnt matter when you take into account the sweet spot range, thats all that matters.
    Yes wondaboy, just ignore the V key for this 50m 150m range lark its pointless, the weapons partiicular sweetspot is all that matters.

All the sweet spot ranges listed at symthic
    http://symthic.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Honestly the zeroing distance isn't even that useful. They should have just left it at 75m and 300m to distinguish between long and short distances, because the 150m is just headwrecking. I find myself constantly facing towards flags when playing scout just to see the distance. Not good for keeping focused.

Been using the infantry Russian sniper a lot lately and it's getting a bit out of hand how OP it is in 1v1 or 2v1 fights. You can fire all 5 shots in under 2 or 3 seconds and 80% of the time it's a one hit kill because of the sweet spot/damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Honestly the zeroing distance isn't even that useful. They should have just left it at 75m and 300m to distinguish between long and short distances, because the 150m is just headwrecking. I find myself constantly facing towards flags when playing scout just to see the distance. Not good for keeping focused.

Been using the infantry Russian sniper a lot lately and it's getting a bit out of hand how OP it is in 1v1 or 2v1 fights. You can fire all 5 shots in under 2 or 3 seconds and 80% of the time it's a one hit kill because of the sweet spot/damage.

What's different about the infantry version?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

YWc3trv.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    YWc3trv.jpg?1

There was a post on reddit about suggestions for text to appear on the long loading screens, 'drop ammo you c@#t' had by far the most upvotes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Pickpocket wrote: »
    What's different about the infantry version?

It's the same as the sniper except it doesn't have a scope. The iron sights are better for close fighting. The trench version is basically the same except it has less damage but shoots quicker. I wouldn't recommend the trench though. With only 5 bullets you will need to be very accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There was a post on reddit about suggestions for text to appear on the long loading screens, 'drop ammo you c@#t' had by far the most upvotes :D

I don't understand this.... I'm support I'm spamming ammo packs. Easy points.

I play medic/domination mostly and I'm fairly common top of my team for points, if not in top 3 of every match I play. I've seen more than one instance where teammate medics are so retarded they don't even heal themselves. How can you be so clueless about a game???

Advertisement