Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Fook I'm getting sick of these origin updates changing the looks of stuff can they not just be happy with one update and stop making it look different every time what are they trying to accomplish with these constant changes. Notifications look crap and bigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Got into a tank last night right off of the start and I ended up stuck in a trench 2 seconds later, jumped out and and went the rest on foot.. Doh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Caillte wrote: »
    Got into a tank last night right off of the start and I ended up stuck in a trench 2 seconds later, jumped out and and went the rest on foot.. Doh.

Hate that. This was me in Monte Grappa yesterday about 2 minutes after spawning in the tank.

1396975659_austin_powers_threepointturn_fail.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They'll have to do something about tanks.

There's a few maps on rush were only one side have a tank and a tank full with a decent squad are nearly impossible to take out. Too many times I've seen people go 40+ kills 0 deaths.

It's mostly because there's no decent long range anti tank weapon. Even when you hit it with the AT rocket gun a 3 times they just reverse and repair.

It's compounded by the fact that so many people want to sit back and snipe.

To take out tanks you have the stationary cannons that have decent range and pack a punch..but no one uses them.

You can also use the MCOM stations (A&B points) to transmit the position of the tanks and call in artillery that will do huge damage....but no one uses it.

Mix that in with AT Rockets and clever use of mines and they can be rendered pretty ineffective quickly....but no one does that.

But thankfully for tank drivers people still just play it like team death match and run around with close range weapons or hide in the mountains with a sniper rifle. :pac:

To take out tanks you have the stationary cannons that have decent range and pack a punch..but no one uses them.

You can also use the MCOM stations (A&B points) to transmit the position of the tanks and call in artillery that will do huge damage....but no one uses it.

Mix that in with AT Rockets and clever use of mines and they can be rendered pretty ineffective quickly....but no one does that.

But thankfully for tank drivers people still just play it like team death match and run around with close range weapons or hide in the mountains with a sniper rifle. :pac:

I do the MCOM telegrams but never noticed any actual effect on the battle field. Does it always target tanks?

As I play support i used to use the magnetic bombs on tanks but they aren't powerful enough for a hand weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

As I play support i used to use the magnetic bombs on tanks but they aren't powerful enough for a hand weapon.

They're plenty powerful tbf. They only give you one because it's a clear design decision that they don't want you to solo tanks as support, but 3 of them will take out a landship. Use one to immobilize a tank and soften it up for your teammates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

4 or 5 shots no thanks, tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

This time next year tanks won't last pissin time, the noobs will know the ropes by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I do the MCOM telegrams but never noticed any actual effect on the battle field. Does it always target tanks?

I think you have to spot the tank then transmit the message. I've seen it done but always got killed trying to do it myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads an absolutely cracking tip on the light tanks in BF1, drive them backwards around the map!!!

That sharp metal plate on the back is to protect the rear, but if you turn it around and drive it forward which is doable with the 360 turret you get 50% more armour (6 shots to be killed instead of 4) being hit from the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

XtraFalcon wrote:
    I'm having a great time with them. It takes a bit of time to get used to the aiming but once you set up your controls to your preference it becomes simple. The only problem some people seem to have is they are picking the wrong package and/or wrong class of plane. Bombers aren't the answer to all your problems people!

How do you select different plane class never got a bomber or a tri plane before

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

fergus1001 wrote: »
    How do you select different plane class never got a bomber or a tri plane before

When you are selecting to spawn and you hover over the plane icon, all your current classes (Assault, Medic, Support and Scout) with disappear and be replaced with Fighter plane, Bomber and Attack plane.

From there you can select Customise (Triangle on PS4, I assume it's Y on the Xbox One and a simple click on 'customise' for the PC)

Some plane details:

Fighter planes have a single pilot with no gunner. (Primarily for knocking out other planes with one package allowing you to harass ground troops)

Bombers have 2 gunner positions with no forward facing gun for the pilot. (More or less used on clusters of enemies and heavy vehicles, the torpedo package is very powerful up againist the Dreadnought)

Attack planes have a single pilot with 1 gunner. (Most common class selected. 3 separate packages focusing on destroying Infantry, Tanks and the Airship)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Jeez, I wish I could play this game :(

Edit : play as in know what I'm doing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dogfighting isn't what is used to be in previous games.

Fly behind a bomber (which you're taught and have learned over the years...to get behind the enemy)...and you're gonna get shot to bits pretty quickly by the rear AA gun of the bomber. I hate it.

Also...still no Joystick support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What are people using to fly planes? KB/M or controller? I assumed people were using sticks, might give them a go if it's all controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What are people using to fly planes? KB/M or controller? I assumed people were using sticks, might give them a go if it's all controllers.

KB&M does the job for me. Probably could be slightly more effective with a stick but it strikes me as wholly unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

One thing for KB&M is that most people bind pitch up to their spacebar. All fine and dandy but you're gonna want to to into the advanced control settings and up your plane sensitivity. At least I did.
    I noticed that holding space barely moved the damn thing and the rear flaps would only slightly move. If I moved my mouse, they would move full distance. After upping my sensitivity to around 150%, holding space gave me proper control over it.
    Also do yourself a favour and turn off the Plane Chase Camera Roll in gameplay settings. You'll thank me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yea, no stick support yet....used logitech extreme 3d pro for the past battlefield games, but considering picking up an Xbox 360 for PC controller as it may make life easier.

I just can't deal with the mouse for flying.

Never tired the planes as they dont really interest me, but when I have all the classes ranked up to at least 10 I might give them a bash for longevity I suppose. But I d say to be anyway decent you would need a controller. I had a wireless xbox controller for PC which was brilliant but it went belly up.

One of the best clips of BF1 ive seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Shlippery wrote: »
    Yea, no stick support yet....used logitech extreme 3d pro for the past battlefield games, but considering picking up an Xbox 360 for PC controller as it may make life easier.

I just can't deal with the mouse for flying.

There is a way around it...one of the mates mentioned a third party app that he uses to that remaps your joystick to act like an xbox controller..I'll dig it out later on and post it

app is called xbox360ce, google for instructions as its a bit fiddly he said but works perfectly.

Have to say the rank 10 assault gun is such a let down, its not all that. Its a good alternative to have and its not terrible but I was expecting alot more from it.

It looks terrible for a start and compared to the automatico trench its not as effective especially at close range, medium to long range its better but that is not what assault is about. It does hold twice and much ammo as the automatico but it has this stupid cooldown if fired for too long which stops halfway and takes a few secs to cool off so its just the same as reloading the auto TBH.

All in all and nice alternative as said but same its not better as the assault class guns are brutal IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have to say the rank 10 assault gun is such a let down, its not all that. Its a good alternative to have and its not terrible but I was expecting alot more from it.

It looks terrible for a start and compared to the automatico trench its not as effective especially at close range, medium to long range its better but that is not what assault is about. It does hold twice and much ammo as the automatico but it has this stupid cooldown if fired for too long which stops halfway and takes a few secs to cool off so its just the same as reloading the auto TBH.

All in all and nice alternative as said but same its not better as the assault class guns are brutal IMO

What are you smoking? The Hellriegel is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

aye its ridiculously op i absolutely love it

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Some basic and some helpful tips.

miralize wrote: »
    What are you smoking? The Hellriegel is awesome

Its a good gun but compared to the automatico its actually an inferior gun by a decent margin. Not smoking anything is just facts.......

Automatico has a much higher ROF and reloads in half the time which is so important. Its also twice as accurate firing from the hip (very small bullet spread) so if you have a mask on its lethal. It has the same max damage but a higher min damage.

The only thing the HR has over the AM is the larger clip capacity which is negated if you auto fire with the cool down. And a fraction less recoil.....

I rest my case.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its a good gun but compared to the automatico its actually an inferior gun by a decent margin. Not smoking anything is just facts.......

Automatico has a much higher ROF and reloads in half the time which is so important. Its also twice as accurate firing from the hip (very small bullet spread) so if you have a mask on its lethal. It has the same max damage but a higher min damage.

The only thing the HR has over the AM is the larger clip capacity which is negated if you auto fire with the cool down. And a fraction less recoil.....

I rest my case.....:p

I think you are smoking something :).

The HR has the higher minimum damage. A fraction less recoil? It has nearly half the recoil of the Automatico. It also has 35 bullets per clip which is huge and negates it's slow reload.

The automatico is only 33% more accurate from the hip and it has the higher ROF so it just wins the close combat but loses everything else.

Sorry, yes the min damage is better for the HR. The AM loses out long range but I do pretty well with it up close and medium range......I find myself doing alot better with the AM.

Its just with all the UTOOB vids saying how much of a "BEAST" it is...I didnt find that. Each to their own I suppose.

I never said it was a bad gun far from it.

Is it durty that I wait till a player is mid fire fight or just won a fire fight to snipe him in the back coz I suck at sniping????? And I am desperate for the scout points.....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nope, I'm dreading playing Scout on BF1. The only reason I ranked up on BF4 was Carbine access. I'm a terribad sniper

Advertisement