Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

I accidentally spawned as a scout last night and here I was in the front line with a useless weapon. Pulled out my flare and killed a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I used to love Recon in BF3 using the AS VAL and motion sensor and just running riot on points. I hate sniper rifles though so I'm dreading using Scout. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Usually in the scout class there was at least a shotgun or some semi auto gun iirc, but its straight up snipers this time. I must admit I am finding some success with the M1903 rifle and tbh there is few less satisfying things in BF1 then nailing a long distance shot or when the enemy is moving.

BF1 servers have just gone down in my best ever sniping round 9-0 currently ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Had a bit of craic with fighter planes last night, whoever suggested binding "Pitch Up" to space bar is a godsend, it made things surprisingly easier with KB/M and I'm not sure why! Still felt slow to rack up any sort of a good score, but any kills I got were satisfying!

Can't wait to sink some proper hours into the game, I don't think I realised how much spare time I had in the past for games until I got a permanent full-time job..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

F*cking noob snipers in domination mode. Can't they even slightly figure out how to play the game.

*flips over desk....kicks keyboard out of the way....stomps out of pc room*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

F*cking noob snipers in domination mode. Can't they even slightly figure out how to play the game.

*flips over desk....kicks keyboard out of the way....stomps out of pc room*

yup recons are the cancer on your team i was playing rush yesterday and on a 12 man team 8 were snipers . that might be ok if we were defending but we were attacking . i dont think i need to tell you how it went .

but recon is actually quite fun to play with the infantry rifles . ( basically bolt action with no scope) . killing everyone recently with them and i normally hate recon class. i still way prefer the other classes but it makes playing recon bearable

Incoming BF1 patch en route with hardcore mode should separate the men from the snipers!!!!

Just seen it on you tube no dates as of yet but Id say its close.

Also this fella is bleedin gas, not too full of himself but just having the craic....WTF is that little gun he is using....or is his hand just swollen LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Also this fella is bleedin gas, not too full of himself but just having the craic....WTF is that little gun he is using....or is his hand just swollen LMAO.

Sniper level 10 pistol. The ultimate troll weapon. Does feck all damage. It's just there for a laugh. Actually just remembered I got level 10 sniper last night. Must go buy it and get trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hardcore mode is going to be hilarious in this game. The team killing will be off the chart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Is it durty that I wait till a player is mid fire fight or just won a fire fight to snipe him in the back coz I suck at sniping????? And I am desperate for the scout points.....:o

Nah, tactically sound!

Whenever I'm using a sniper rifle, it's always while I'm standing there waiting for someone else to stand still that I get sniped.

Whenever I'm using a sniper rifle, it's always while I'm standing there waiting for someone else to stand still that I get sniped.

So true, thats just being a noob sniper. Happens to me all the time, actually it happens alot less now coz you do start to cop on after the 500th death.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

The medals are becoming increasingly frustrating. I only got my new "weekly" set of medals last night and then the game right after they changed back to last week's set.

Playing the objective is my normal play style so the medals are usually something I do while we are wrapping up bases and with them changing minute after minute it's next impossible to track which one I'm doing.

I honestly don't know why they changed it from the way it was, I get that they want people to have an adaptive play-style but most people that have played Battlefield after a few months would have developed that naturally.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    The medals are becoming increasingly frustrating. I only got my new "weekly" set of medals last night and then the game right after they changed back to last week's set.

Playing the objective is my normal play style so the medals are usually something I do while we are wrapping up bases and with them changing minute after minute it's next impossible to track which one I'm doing.

I honestly don't know why they changed it from the way it was, I get that they want people to have an adaptive play-style but most people that have played Battlefield after a few months would have developed that naturally.

Just earlier:
    https://twitter.com/NoxTheNib/status/796771753993338880

For the most part, I've given up trying to get them.

Yeah it's a shame because usually like going after the awards in BF as it forces me to play with gear or in ways that I otherwise wouldn't.

For now I'm just working my way through getting a service star with each weapon instead. Can be a touch painful at times because some of the weapons are God awful but it can make you get creative. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Can be a touch painful at times because some of the weapons are God awful but it can make you get creative. :D

Tell me about it, I've got my Kolibri dog tag :D

Respect. Uh I think I'll leave that one until last :pac:

The Kolibri is savage fun but also rage inducing as fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

While it's the trolling weapon to kill with, it also trolls the fup out of the user with that stupidly long reload time.

• Advertisement

While it's the trolling weapon to kill with, it also trolls the fup out of the user with that stupidly long reload time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Noxin wrote: »

Nothing more panic inducing than hitting the guy with all 7 bullets....for about 11 damage....and then frantically trying to reload. Takes an age to reload, even the animation when you swap over to it is drawn out.
    I got the dog tag so I've retired it for now, although if I'm ever on the opposite team to anyone in our party chats, I make a point of telling them I'm bringing the Kolibri. Nobody wants to be killed by it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Got back playing last night after a few hectic day's of work, got the automatico for assault class, what good little weapon it is, seriously accurate from the hip imo,
    but squad play was awful the squad was full I was in, I went assault one other guy went support, we teamed up trying capture objectives, the other 3 camped in a room on sina desert map, we got fed up of giving orders and been told over mic to bog off when they eventually put them on, so we spawned in on there location and used up all our gas grenades on them was very funny hearing them bitch on, then another squad done the same to them, we switched to there squad for Aragon forest and that was a blast, first map we had a win on in five goes in the night,

There is nothing better on the forest map then the Automatico TRENCH (trench has the best hip fire), it would give the shotgun noobs a run for its money. Just equip the mask all the time it doesnt matter and you never get caught out with gas friendly or foe.

Although, why does the gas mask sound like you are in the middle of croke park at the ALL IRELAND FINAL with 80,000 people chanting!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Although, why does the gas mask sound like you are in the middle of croke park at the ALL IRELAND FINAL with 80,000 people chanting!!!!

Only noticed that yesterday. Sounds like the sprint on goal effect from FIFA. The heavy breathing and white noise is annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

...shotgun noobs...

I don't get this at all, comments like this in the game are a cancer.

"bla bla bla gun noob". Get over it. I don't understand how it instills such rage in players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

"bla bla bla gun noob". Get over it. I don't understand how it instills such rage in players.

I got my first angry message this week, felt like I'd made it.

"Pussy camper" - after I'd killed the guy 4 times at 3 different objectives :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I don't get this at all, comments like this in the game are a cancer.

It's instinctive to blame someone else I suppose.
    I know a lad who picks up his mouse and glares at it every time he dies. Probably expects or hopes there is some lint on the laser and that's the cause of death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

It's instinctive to blame someone else I suppose.
    I know a lad who picks up his mouse and glares at it every time he dies. Probably expects or hopes there is some lint on the laser and that's the cause of death.

This might have been an excuse when mouse peripherals used tracking balls and would often clog up with gunk.

Advertisement