Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I don't get this at all, comments like this in the game are a cancer.

"bla bla bla gun noob". Get over it. I don't understand how it instills such rage in players.

Seems like its you that is full of rage mate, no rage in my post.

I dont rage at "clowns" running around the map with shotties trying to get the best K : D while the team gets hammered with no flags. Then when its not the forest map and they cant kill a thing with the shottie, they snipe in the hills on Monte Grappa so far on the edge they are nearly on the next map. Again doing nothing for the team. They are the same people that are squad leaders and fly around in planes not issuing orders or doing a thing for the squad!!!

That my friend is the "CANCER" in the game.....

I have no problem with people sniping or using the shotgun or anything else, but have the cop on to see how many other team members are sniping etc and pick a class that will actually help the team with the objective. After all its an OBJECTIVE based game.

Wanna go nuts with a shottie play TDM.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Is spectator available on console?

It's to be added soon™.

What a sound....really dont make them like this anymore. Fires rifle at 2:40....

For anyone interested most of the BF1 guns this mad dude plays with for fun.....very good channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Going to try medic for a bit, what gun is good, I'm only level 2 as medic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

IvoryTower wrote: »

Selbstlader M1916 Marksman is my favourite medic gun . super accurate, its fantastic at medium range ok at close range if you hip fire and can even take on snipers across the map i have nearly 500 kills with it and i rarely play medic . plus it has a 26 round mag iirc . the M1907 sweeper is also a popular choice

Its the best class in the game for me, with the best guns. The default Cei Riggoti is quite good. Try to stand still while shooting as moving at all with the medic class the accuracy goes down hill fast.

IMHO the Mondragan is the best medic gun, decent clip size (10) loads quickly enough and is excellent at both medium and long range. It also has a very good ROF.

I tend to stay away from any variant with a scope it takes to long to size up an opponent.

TBH the guns are the least of your worries its the way you play that will determine how good you are and how fast you rank up.

Stay BEHIND your squad, so you can revive if they die. If you charge 1st and die the squad is goosed unless there are more then 1 medic.

Use the ammo pouches not the crate, they are far more useful and cannot be destroyed by bullets on ground and you can throw the pouches from cover to other players. I only use the crate on the forest map when groups are in bottlenecks getting more points.

Dont be afraid to die to get the heal you get points and chances are you can spawn back in quickly.

The rank 10 medic gun looks super, sounds super and performs really well. But it only has a 5 magazine clip and takes longer then most to reload which makes it really hard to use unless firing constantly from a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

^^^^^ agree with above on the Mondragon storm its an excellent gun aswell

also agree with way to play medic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm having great crack with the Autoloading 8 Extended at the moment as medic. 16 round magazine, fast reload, fast firing, very little recoil. Only problem with it is that it's weak and takes about 3 shots to kill. But it can put 3 shots on the same spot very rapidly. I hated the Rigotti, so this is a breath of fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I'm having great crack with the Autoloading 8 Extended at the moment as medic. 16 round magazine, fast reload, fast firing, very little recoil. Only problem with it is that it's weak and takes about 3 shots to kill. But it can put 3 shots on the same spot very rapidly. I hated the Rigotti, so this is a breath of fresh air.

Was going to recommend that myself. Find it very very consistent, well balanced between speed and accuracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mondragon Storm here as well. 2x magnification.

If nothing else it feels right even if the reloading can be a bit derpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mondragon Storm here as well. 2x magnification.

If nothing else it feels right even if the reloading can be a bit derpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

1LCvA9y.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Selbstlader M1916 easily the best medic weapon, once you find your rhythm with its rate of fire and recoil you can take out whole squads without reloading and from literally and distance, no other weapon in the game can do such a thing anywhere near as effective.
    26 rounds before having to reload and this reload is even faster than some weapons with only 5 rounds per clip,add in the excellent hipfire and you have a killing machine from literally any range.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The M1907 SL Sweeper for me is fantastic in the medic class. Great handling, good damage, excellent control and I do pretty well with it.

Crackin gun.

Just had my best round as a sniper there with a K:D of 39-9 and a respectable 18,000+ points.

You really need to decide if you are going all out sniper and just get kills or help the team aswell, choose wisely coz you will get hammered if you dont.

Really loving the Gewhr 98 Marksman (no sniper glare off marksman) and the M1903 Marksman, cant really get into the others.

Up to rank 6 no scout class so I take a little break now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Tank class, get your Light tank and upgrade to Flanker.
    Has 2 guns that run off the same ammo.
    1 is like the APC's from BF2/3/4 ...lots of splash damage, 2nd gun (same ammo used) is a kind of shotgun.

It's easily the best infantry killing machine in the game. Amazing for close quarter maps like Amiens.

If you come across another tank you're fcked, but for the most part of maps like Amiens it's quick enough to get around. You don't have self repair though.

If you in any way used to like being an APC whore on maps like Karkand or infantry heavy maps, then this is the tank for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

picked up the anti tank kit on conquest
    dear god
    from someone who can't snipe it turned me into a monster sniper
    ohk infantry hit-boxes seem huge

Thw anti tank mine is a scourge. Nothing worse spawning in a tank only to hit one 10 metres down the road

Thw anti tank mine is a scourge. Nothing worse spawning in a tank only to hit one 10 metres down the road

AND you can throw it and its like a ****in magnet!!! Learned that the hard way....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I just went 92-14 on the Ballroom map in 40 man operations. Got about 50 kills with the zeppelin. I went 10-0 against some poor bastard.

And we still lost, thanks snipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I just went 92-14 on the Ballroom map in 40 man operations. Got about 50 kills with the zeppelin. I went 10-0 against some poor bastard.

And we still lost, thanks snipers.

Operations favours the attacking team way too much. Especially when it throws in a Behemoth at the end of the map.
    I'd like to see the Global stats for Wins/Losses for the attacking team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Operations favours the attacking team way too much. Especially when it throws in a Behemoth at the end of the map.

played my first round of operations last night, was defending on ballroom blitz. we managed to hold them back handily enough for the 3 rounds, only ever conceding a flag once.

but wtf is up with the behemoth? I couldn't find any AA guns to take it out, so it just sits there shooting people constantly for the rest of the match. - It hardly seems fair that you're punished for doing well - most of my deaths came from being randomly mortared / shot from above.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There are AA guns all over the shop on Ballroom Blitz, and you get planes too. Airship melts if the defending team makes any effort at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I seem to lose a lot more attacking than defending in operations.

yeah same, just watching those lives tick away as we run at them like lemmings

SeantheMan wrote: »

I was an actually an attacker in that round. I find attacking and defending even enough, just depends how many lemons are on your team.
    There are AA guns all over the shop on Ballroom Blitz, and you get planes too. Airship melts if the defending team makes any effort at all.

The first section of ballroom blitz there are no anti aircraft guns or planes so you're nearly safer just letting the attackers take it.

safer from what though, surely nothing to lose trying to stop them?

safer from what though, surely nothing to lose trying to stop them?

To save your time, last night the attackers got the airship in the first section of ballroom blitz. 6 people in the airship, 3 in a tank sniping so 11 infantry. Half of them snipers so only about 5 infantry trying to cap the objectives.

That's f*ckin tedious trying to reduce their 150 tickets. Especially when being bombed from above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

terrible hit detection and lagging issues last nite all the lads i was playing with also complained moved server but just the same.

Advertisement