Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Noxin wrote: »
    Yup, no appearing on minimap.

That's why spotting is so important now.

Too bad no-one really bothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Too bad no-one really bothers.

I feel like the instant I spawn I am spotted and remain spotted until I die, whereas my team never spots anyone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Really love the cluster f##k that 64 player operations is, never had as much fun or laughs playing a game till last night, played three different operations with the same team, it was the only squad I could join and I got lucky, before I even deployed I got a party invite from them, asked me what class would I run, told me drop the repair tool for the mortar, they spotted the attackers coming in I got the job of hitting them with the mortar, we won quite easily till they got the airship, that blew up every AA gun first then us no mater where we took cover, the only strange thing was there would be an attacker just in front of us before we could even shoot him he would disappear happened once that I seen and the others seen twice more, how would that be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Flare gun for scout class shows people up on the map in an area around where it lands.

Thats also where that red indicator showing enemy direction comes from. Theres also one of the aircraft kits that lights up an area by dropping flares.

Never liked HC in any BF game. I dont think it requires any more or less skill,but it does slow the game down a bit too much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Yup, no appearing on minimap.

That's why spotting is so important now.

There's a lack of info on the HUD in BF1 compared to BF4, and it improves it imo. More chaos, more excitement. I think they were right to revise the spotting in the game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Shlippery wrote: »
    Went back to BF4 to do the M1911 "battlefest" mini grind to get the skin / dog tag..! Now I can happily uninstall it and focus back on BF1!

Was a funny game. I was only supposed to hang around for the 25 kills (even though I had already done the 100 kills mission beforehand).
    Just forgot how funny locker pistols can be.
    After the 25 kills I just took the pi$$ for the round trying to backrage or barging into the groups seeing what sort of damage I could do. Ended up hanging around for 2k tickets for the craic :pac:
    tigger123 wrote: »
    There's a lack of info on the HUD in BF1 compared to BF4, and it improves it imo. More chaos, more excitement. I think they were right to revise the spotting in the game too.

Yea spotting is ok now, or would be at least if they just fixed it to work properly. At least 1/3 time, nothing spots right now which gets annoying.
    But I like it better that you dont appear on the map when shooting. Too much of a giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

'Oh, it appears our tank is taking heavy damage '

'quiet, everyone stay where you are, maybe he'll get bored and go away'

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20xb/video/23636029

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You should turn on the kill feed man, especially the option for players nearby.

Yea spotting is ok now, or would be at least if they just fixed it to work properly. At least 1/3 time, nothing spots right now which gets annoying.
    But I like it better that you dont appear on the map when shooting. Too much of a giveaway.

I thought it was done on purpose, to make it harder, that you have to be very precise with it or it won't work (?)

When I initially started my BF4 tactic of spotting the f*ck out of anything that moved BF1 told me to stop spamming it, and it would wear down :D Made me lauugh

Dcully wrote: »
    You should turn on the kill feed man, especially the option for players nearby.

That directed at me? Kinda like the lack of info tbh, more immersion.

Love this game so much though, it's so much fun.

Is there any 'Premium' content available as of yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I thought it was done on purpose, to make it harder, that you have to be very precise with it or it won't work (?)

When I initially started my BF4 tactic of spotting the f*ck out of anything that moved BF1 told me to stop spamming it, and it would wear down :D Made me lauugh

Well I've litereally been scoped dead on people and it's taken 3 or 4 hits to actually light them up. And it happens every game. I've heard of lots others saying the same. Maybe it is intentional. Dunno, but it's annoying AF.
    I agree that you shouldn't be able to just swing 360s spamming Q to light everything up, but a dead on scope should be first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Was a funny game. I was only supposed to hang around for the 25 kills (even though I had already done the 100 kills mission beforehand).
    Just forgot how funny locker pistols can be.
    After the 25 kills I just took the pi$$ for the round trying to backrage or barging into the groups seeing what sort of damage I could do. Ended up hanging around for 2k tickets for the craic :pac:

Ha, it was a completely ridiculous server though! I was getting medkit/ammo ribbons out me hole'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Well I've litereally been scoped dead on people and it's taken 3 or 4 hits to actually light them up. And it happens every game. I've heard of lots others saying the same. Maybe it is intentional. Dunno, but it's annoying AF.
    I agree that you shouldn't be able to just swing 360s spamming Q to light everything up, but a dead on scope should be first time.

yeah, happens a lot, even more so if they're farther away. like, if I can see him and track his movement to keep hitting spot, it should register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Dcully wrote: »
    For a start whos upset? really? lol

You don't have to track targets [as in keep your crosshair/ironsight/scope on the target for longer than a nano second] like you do in normal, why your even debating that is beyond me.

Yea, yea you do actually. You are still commenting from the perspective of a sniper, where a hit in HC mode almost always guarantees a kill. You still need to track the target and you still need to get multiple hits for most weapons. In Normal mode you need to track more, but I don't believe I disputed that, so backpedal all you want ;)
    Everyone camps in hardcore is an overstatement, yeah possibly but while you and your squad run around PTFO you will see half the server camping, so yeah maybe a bit of an overstatement but I assumed gamers got my meaning.

If you enjoy that gameplay more power to you.

You had an issue with another poster generalizing yet it's ok for you to do it? The game play can be both annoying and enjoyable depending on how the round goes, pretty much the same as normal mode but the big attraction for some people is the realism. Hard core is not for everybody, but it shouldn't be slated based on your dislike for it.

That directed at me? Kinda like the lack of info tbh, more immersion.

Love this game so much though, it's so much fun.

Is there any 'Premium' content available as of yet?

No man it was for Stone Deaf 4evr after I watched his video, sorry should have quoted him.

Yea, yea you do actually. You are still commenting from the perspective of a sniper, where a hit in HC mode almost always guarantees a kill. You still need to track the target and you still need to get multiple hits for most weapons. In Normal mode you need to track more, but I don't believe I disputed that, so backpedal all you want ;)

You had an issue with another poster generalizing yet it's ok for you to do it? The game play can be both annoying and enjoyable depending on how the round goes, pretty much the same as normal mode but the big attraction for some people is the realism. Hard core is not for everybody, but it shouldn't be slated based on your dislike for it.

lol someone has it in for me :P fun times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'd love to see Dice implement a restriction on the number of Scouts/Snipers allowed in Conquest.
    Whatever about TDM, in Conquest they just have to hide and watch the bases for easy kills. That's not PTFO at all.
    I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying it but I don't care, Snipers are battle shy. There's no better better feeling than sneaking up on one and introducing him to my trench shovel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'd love to see Dice implement a restriction on the number of Scouts/Snipers allowed in Conquest.
    Whatever about TDM, in Conquest they just have to hide and watch the bases for easy kills. That's not PTFO at all.
    I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying it but I don't care, Snipers are battle shy. There's no better better feeling than sneaking up on one and introducing him to my trench shovel.

In fairness I see where you're coming from but I don't agree. That would mean the occasional time that I want to play as one I wouldn't be able to because the slots would be constantly filled by hill campers.

It would also remove my favourite BF hobby. On maps like Empires Edge there's that hill with the cross on it overlooking C where there's always a little hive of snipers. I get endless pleasure from taking a wide berth and strolling up behind them before taking my time to decide how I want to murder them. Medal wants me to get 5 headshots with revolvers? Well there's a free one. Need one more tripwire kill for a service star? Ok then. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

In fairness I see where you're coming from but I don't agree. That would mean the occasional time that I want to play as one I wouldn't be able to because the slots would be constantly filled by hill campers.

It would also remove my favourite BF hobby. On maps like Empires Edge there's that hill with the cross on it overlooking C where there's always a little hive of snipers. I get endless pleasure from taking a wide berth and strolling up behind them before taking my time to decide how I want to murder them. Medal wants me to get 5 headshots with revolvers? Well there's a free one. Need one more tripwire kill for a service star? Ok then. Etc.

Very valid points indeed, I know that Snipers are a necessary evil, especially in a WW1 setting.
    I just wish there weren't so many of the gits in Conquest though.
    There is no better sight than when you're standing behind a prone one alright though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I thought spotting has a cool down so people cant spam?

Next time your looking to spot someone dont spam,if they dont spot the first time wait a second or two before trying again. That works for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

There is in Custom games use the filters to find class limited servers.

But as Maximus said it can be tough if you want to be a sniper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Been so busy I haven't played the game in over a week, looking forward to playing a few hours later tonight and see the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Been so busy I haven't played the game in over a week, looking forward to playing a few hours later tonight and see the changes.

Yeah I have totally dialled back the hours aswell been bet into CIV 6. Still have 125 hrs clocked up in BF1 (not alot really I suppose) but I will be on tonight aswell m8 drop in if you see me on.

If I am sniping join a different squad LMAO. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah I have totally dialled back the hours aswell been bet into CIV 6.

Just saying, that balance patch was desperately needed to stop Scythia from dominating the planet before turn 100.

Back to Battlefield: The patch seems to have reduced some bugs but still having issues with being revived and being unable to use my gun.

Also I've had a deployment glitch which I've never experienced anything like before.

This video is pre-patch but it happened twice last night in completely different circumstances (as I'm sure it had something to do with the Behemoth this time) which I didn't record.

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,198 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Now I haven't had the time to play for awhile but its the weekend, time to chill out

Turn on BF1 and the flickering is awful

Turns out they ****ed up the patch for SLI and crossfire users

Nice job guys

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Just saying, that balance patch was desperately needed to stop Scythia from dominating the planet before turn 100.

Back to Battlefield: The patch seems to have reduced some bugs but still having issues with being revived and being unable to use my gun.

Also I've had a deployment glitch which I've never experienced anything like before.

This video is pre-patch but it happened twice last night in completely different circumstances (as I'm sure it had something to do with the Behemoth this time) which I didn't record.

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

I have never deployed in a plane so could not tell you mate, it did happen the odd time for tanks but has not happened to me in a while.

When I pick deployment for a vehicle I never touch the keyboard until I am in the tank and it has not happened since ( I use to hold the W up ready to go)

What else would ya be doing on a foggy frosty sunday morning :)

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

As good as the same is on Xbox one I'' a PC gamer always, new pc ordered and downloading bf1 in preparation for it :)

Blazer wrote: »
    As good as the same is on Xbox one I'' a PC gamer always, new pc ordered and downloading bf1 in preparation for it :)

Yeah its the only way, I could have easily ordered it on PS4 or XB1 but I bought a new GPU and RAM and SSD for BF1.

Its much more enjoyable on PC, just got this yesterday too ;).

[URL="[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/2u3w76w.jpg[/IMG]"]2u3w76w.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/df7mdz.jpg[/IMG]"]df7mdz.jpg[/URL]

DX Racer King Series chair.....its the dawgs danglies I am tellin ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah its the only way, I could have easily ordered it on PS4 or XB1 but I bought a new GPU and RAM and SSD for BF1.

Its much more enjoyable on PC, just got this yesterday too ;).

2u3w76w.jpg

df7mdz.jpg

DX Racer King Series chair.....its the dawgs danglies I am tellin ya.

Might be my drunken Guinness eyes or just the way the picture was taken but the back rest looks crooked.

Advertisement