Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

PC owner myself,to me BF will always be best on the platform that most of your mates are playing on. Not a game i could play lone wolf so i go where the friends are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Might be my drunken Guinness eyes or just the way the picture was taken but the back rest looks crooked.

Its the way the picture was taken and the lumbar support is a tad sideways making the back look off m8

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

so glad I got to use the Model 10 before they nerf the bejesus out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

gimli2112 wrote: »
    so glad I got to use the Model 10 before they nerf the bejesus out of it

What's the model 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

IvoryTower wrote: »
    What's the model 10?

shotgun with ludicrous range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Not a huge fan of it in general tbh. I find I do much better with an automatico.
    Not even sure if I have the 100 kills but if not, I'll prob just pick them up and forget the shotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The Medics M1916 Marksmans Rifle is a beast !

Also, **** that bull**** overpowered shotgun ! The distance it can OSK is insane

Cant get into the assault class at all,just find it no fun to play. Tending to jump between support and scout depending on the map and game mode.

I cant put my finger on it either I find it very hard to play it TBH, I ranked to 10 just to get the HellR gun but I dont find it very fluid to play at all. Everything from the grenades to the rocket gun is just so counter intuitive and slow.

Having to lie down to fire the rocket gun is such a bad thing for the class as it hands a huge advantage to the tanks as you can see them a mile away trying to line up a shot....should be able to just crouch and fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yeah it takes too long to prone shoot, weapon switching is too slow. Auto balance is ****e and spawn points are ****e. Other than that it's a great game just needs a bit of an update. Just don't nerf any weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Sometimes won't fire when it should that rocket gun didn't use it enough pre patch to know if its a balance thing or bug. When prone and reloading when the gun animation resets from reload it will kind of go off left and down for me with no shots being fired might be that I'm moving a little too, dunno!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

With all weapon issues a quick change of weapon sorts it, if you're revived do it straight away if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hal1 wrote: »
    Yeah it takes too long to prone shoot, weapon switching is too slow. Auto balance is ****e and spawn points are ****e. Other than that it's a great game just needs a bit of an update. Just don't nerf any weapons.

Personally for me i hate one or two guns being the meta in games like BF so while id agree with most of this post id say balancing the guns is essential.

Dont want every assault using the A10 shotty or every sniper using the martini henri etc. That to me gets boring amd reduces variety.

In saying that though the nerf bomb is not always the best option,bringing the other guns up to the standard of the meta guns is a better option imo but devs rarely do that for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Every Battlefield game at some point either by patch or at the start some guns get stupidly powerful powerful.

BF1 its the A-10 Hunter, I dont mind getting blasted up close but when they are 200 meters away it reminds me of something.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think the AT rockets work well really, I don't have any real issue with using them and if one or two people are both using them you can make short work of a tank.

You don't always have to be prone by the way, you can also use walls/ledges/stones etc for support from standing or kneeling position.

I don't really find any of the guns are over-powered to the point of being ridiculous, it all works pretty well.

I think the AT rockets work well really, I don't have any real issue with using them and if one or two people are both using them you can make short work of a tank.

You don't always have to be prone by the way, you can also use walls/ledges/stones etc for support from standing or kneeling position.

I don't really find any of the guns are over-powered to the point of being ridiculous, it all works pretty well.

Did not know that you could crouch at a wall etc, good stuff. I have yet to see a group of random lads take down a tank in numbers!

I died so many times today taking down a heavy on my own despite bleeding with other assault in my squad to help.

Well up to rank 9 now in scout and just another 7K points to get for the martini rifle, cant wait to get a round with it but I am gonna have to be more aggressive with that bad boy. In fairness some of the kills I have gotten lately have been really impressive and I have come along way since I started the class a few weeks ago, I certainly would recommend people not mad on sniping to give it a go and stick with it coz its well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

When i'm squad leader. If there's more than 1 Scout in my squad. I kick one of them. Simples. Very rare I see a scout helping the squad.

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    When i'm squad leader. If there's more than 1 Scout in my squad. I kick one of them. Simples. Very rare I see a scout helping the squad.

They can be a big help when it comes to spotting. The only scouts I never see helping are the rooftop crawlers and those who like to start their own society at the edge of the map.

Although in saying that I'll take an assault player with an AT Rocket over a Scout any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Was in operations in FAO Fortress last night and when selecting a squad to join almost half of the entire team were snipers. When I spawned all you could see were the snipers on the outskirts of the map.

Battlefield has always been this way.

You had bush wookies is BC and hill people and rooftop lovers in BF.

I always wished they'd limit the numbers, even if that meant all classes were limited, I'd have no issue joining a game and going any of the other classes.

Depends on the scout TBH, if I am a scout I die a fair bit depending on how aggressive I play. But I am always raking points in..... Just unlocked the shanken not stirred last night (martini rifle) and while its a very good rifle you have to be quite aggressive playing with it.

Mostly but not entirely aimed at newer players.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Caillte wrote: »
    Was in operations in FAO Fortress last night and when selecting a squad to join almost half of the entire team were snipers. When I spawned all you could see were the snipers on the outskirts of the map.

I was playing that map last night in conquest, i saw all the twinkling from their scopes. I thought the xmas decorations were up!

Amateurs using the sniper scopes, not a chance I tell ya. Marksman all the way......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Not all scouts are campers. I use the experimental M1903 with the frammer stop pistol and I'm often firing more bullets than anyone else.

Plus the spot flare fired onto one of the flags makes all the difference in a fight. And with the tripwire bombs you can block off entire sections of alleyway. Especially on Suez. I don't know how many multi kills I've gotten just laying them across closed doors next to B. Everyone just comes crashing through the door at full sprint.

Limpet charge on tanks are just the best craic.....throw it and it sticks 4 sec timer and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Limpet charge on tanks are just the best craic.....throw it and it sticks 4 sec timer and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

you can throw them and they stick?
    balls..I used to run upto the side of the tank and stick them on,

Advertisement