Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1 general discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Limpet charge on tanks are just the best craic.....throw it and it sticks 4 sec timer and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

How much damage do they do actually? Haven't used them yet, could be pretty handy - don't see them used much, really?

In other news, killed it with the Howitzer tank the other day, 46-0. Only played for 40H overall so far but in the top 8% of tanks.

I think dominating with a tank brings out the strength of different classes - piss off the enemy team enough and eventually two thirds of the team ends up as assault class and AT rockets are flying at you from every direction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jaysus I had about 6 games last night and could not do a thing in any class, finished in bottom 5 of the leader board in every match when its usually the top 5 every game for me. I did get a new virgin hub for the broadband so I am wondering if my latency has changed or I need to re enter the open ports like I did last time but something is off. I was hammering lads and it was like the bullet reg was not applying to them or something.

I have noticed a sharp increase in lads running around getting seamingly impossible.....hope the hacking isnt getting alot worse.

How much damage do they do actually? Haven't used them yet, could be pretty handy - don't see them used much, really?

In other news, killed it with the Howitzer tank the other day, 46-0. Only played for 40H overall so far but in the top 8% of tanks.

I think dominating with a tank brings out the strength of different classes - piss off the enemy team enough and eventually two thirds of the team ends up as assault class and AT rockets are flying at you from every direction :D

Anytime I have used them it was an instant disable or kill but in fairness I think the tank was under fire so damaged a bit. But they really are very versatile.....if you want to blow them up quicker just shoot them.

But they do a fair amount of damage all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

They do a good bit of damage and depending on where you hit the tank, the charge can disable it, if you pop it on the side of a heavy tank it'll more than likely disable the weapon on that side. If you're attacking any vehicle other than the light tank and artillery truck you would be lucky to receive a one hit unless it's already damaged. I think it's one of the gadgets that's fairly balanced.

If you want to see it's true damage, go into a 2 storey building on Suez and pop a charge on the ground floor roof/wall, then run and watch it become a single storey building with a high roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Would rarely be scout class but I was on Empires Edge the other day. Our team captured E point I think. The large house in the valley. I was picking off as many enemies as i could who were trying to take the point by taking them out from a distance while the house got absolutely destroyed. Survived for a good 8-10 minutes somehow.

Scout class I feel is great at disrupting and slowing down enemies attacks. Thats how I see it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I like some maps more than others, but Fao Fortress is the only map I outright hate and find a slog to get through. What does everyone else think of it, or feel about the maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I like some maps more than others, but Fao Fortress is the only map I outright hate and find a slog to get through. What does everyone else think of it, or feel about the maps?

Not a big fan of that map, If im on I stay around E and F.

Amiens and Ballroom are my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

seiphil wrote: »
    Would rarely be scout class but I was on Empires Edge the other day. Our team captured E point I think. The large house in the valley. I was picking off as many enemies as i could who were trying to take the point by taking them out from a distance while the house got absolutely destroyed. Survived for a good 8-10 minutes somehow.

Scout class I feel is great at disrupting and slowing down enemies attacks. Thats how I see it anyway.

Absolutely, one per squad in a game of Conquest is a must.
    I just hate when half the team head up to the mountains to camp instead of capturing bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Fao Fortress and Shotgun Forest are two maps I can't stand.

Argonne Forest is the Metro/Locker of BF1 (Straight line of bases with a suicidal central flag) and Fao Fortress is packed full of Snipers on the fortress' walls you could get sunburn from the glint of all the scopes.

Big fan of Ballroom Blitz and St.Quentin's Scar due to the flanking opportunities and nice mix of infantry/vehicle gameplay.

Only map I cant stand is Monte Grappa I really hate it. Full of snipers and the planes flying so low you cant miss getting kills and raping....I really dont mind the others and I quite like Sinai also but I think its just because I know the flow of the map so well.

Shotgun forest is getting a tad old now but all maps can be brilliant depending on who you play with even the best maps suck with gob****es.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Argonne is terrible but other maps are very good
    Surely depends on game mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Ballroom blitz is my fav. Amiens and St quentin scar are also great maps. Don't get all the love for Argonne forest. Bad sightlines, cramped flags and not to mention entire sections of the map that are never used. Always thought it resembled a typical call of duty map, usually only 3 ways to a specific flag and there's 0 environment destruction which makes it a very predictable camp fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

operations battling for 45 minutes, came down to me and unreviver medic in a windmill holding the last point. I die and manically mashing the revive button when I see the medic over me holding a syringe. respawn and we lose, if I'd held he'd have got me up and we would have won.
    this will haunt me forever
    you had to be there
    I hate everything

The amount of times I died last night getting revived and not being able to shoot is just stupid at this stage, of course medics need to be a bit more aware of the surroundings and not just look for points. If one fella is down chances are he did a good bit of damage in fire fight so killing the immediate enemy should not be operation bunker buster ffs.

But deffo needs a patch asap.

Have to say I find myself going to scout class as my default now (I know I feel sooooooo durty) but its actually very relaxing and the satisfaction of the moving kills and long snipes is brilliant. I got a snipe last night at G on Fortress and the other lad was at C well over 300 meters. I actually stopped for about 30 secs to marvel at myself with that one, wondering was your man salty as **** in his mamas basement!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I'd be happy if the game would just quit when I want to quit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Went on a killstreak in the forest. You can see someone in my squad camped behind the door to the bunker, he spent the whole game doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Went on a killstreak in the forest. You can see someone in my squad camped behind the door to the bunker, he spent the whole game doing that.

They're oblivious to the death going on around them lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That bit where you came up the stairs into the bunker, LMFAO. Why do I never get to play with people that comatose? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

behemoth is a joke way over powered and in the right hands can obliterate the opposition

That bit where you came up the stairs into the bunker, LMFAO. Why do I never get to play with people that comatose? :D

In fairness I think Conquest is alot harder then rush, in rush the enemy is more or less coming from one way. So if you do manage to do the quarter back sneak the result is like the vid above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

jambofc wrote: »
    behemoth is a joke way over powered and in the right hands can obliterate the opposition

lewl. Just no. It's fine.

Noxin wrote: »
    lewl. Just no. It's fine.

Saw a youtuber complaining that you shouldn't be handicapping/punishing the winning team and a behemoth doesn't change the course of the game. Eh, don't know about that last bit. They can be pretty devastating.
    Also am I right in thinking my team had one as the defenders in the first round of Conquest (may have been Operations)?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Saw a youtuber complaining that you shouldn't be handicapping/punishing the winning team and a behemoth doesn't change the course of the game. Eh, don't know about that last bit. They can be pretty devastating.
    Also am I right in thinking my team had one as the defenders in the first round of Conquest (may have been Operations)?

Deffo not in the first round. HOWEVER....

If the defending team got steamrolled on the first map - i.e. all sectors taken without the attackers losing a turn, then yes, they start the second map with one in operations.

I hope I made sense there.

But the Behemoth is easy to take down. You can even snipe out the gunners easily enough making it a lot less effective. The problem is, people choose not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i very rarely see the result turned around with any of those big yokes that are introduced, i think i can remember once!

The train and the dreadnought are a lot more resilient than the airship. I've only been on a cannon in the ship once and it was a massacre. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

I was playing assault last night in both operations and conquest in assault class, and got my assault rank up to 5. Went into spend some war bonds, assault rank 0...... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The dreadnought is the easiest of the 3 to take down tbh. Torpedo boats ruin it quickly.

The dreadnought is the easiest of the 3 to take down tbh. Torpedo boats ruin it quickly.

Ah ok, think I've been on it 3 times in total. AA guns twice (which I got shot out of pretty quick) and the cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i cant stand those guns on the boats where you cant see ****, i mean whats the point?!

• Advertisement

Yup. You can't sit at the back of the map in boats anymore but up close they do ruin it.
    Usually if I miss a defense dreadnought spawn, I'll jump into a defending boat. You seriously rack up kills against attacking boats as they usually concentrate on the big boy.
    I'd generally circle around and drown them, head back around the other side of the boat, wait for attackers and rinse, repeat.

The train is probably the sturdiest of the lot but gets melted if people plan right and line the tracks with mines. Did that once and then found a nice little tucked away spot for my AT gun. A support squad mate seen what I was doing and sat there with me - resupplying and gunning anyone down who got close. We melted the train in no time.

Advertisement